Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to just immediately Spinesword every boss.

I wish this could be a viable tactic. 3 excaliburs and a salamander right of the bat, win or lose in the next few seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Whoa. Those armor spells look cool. I had to go back to notice they actually change your character model.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, that griffin vid is hilarious. Someone conjured the golem and apparently it keeps on attacking anything in front of him, including players. Then nobody could get to sacrificing the boss because the golem kept hitting them before they could finish the sacrifice. That's a monster hunter moment right there.

Also, nice to see some new higher level sacrifices, like sacrificing your arm for what amounts to a shock trap, haha.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrManiac posted:

Demo Out next tuesday!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/04/12/soul-sacrifice-demo-april-12th-keiji-inafune-interview/

Was this the kinds of demo that let you bring you loot into the main game?

Yes, and the japanese demo is absurdly huge. It has 4 of the main monsters, you can get a dozen hours from the demo and really strong items.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if it's my fault, but sometimes I notice a weird input delay when trying to dodge. It's driving me crazy.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

dvorak posted:

Sony needs a "Monster Hunter" type game, if not in practice, in following, to keep the Vita competitive.

Well, I hope he expands the game in other ways than combat then.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

osietra posted:

So if it predownloads onto my vita, I could just change the date and play offline for a few days?

Probably not, since it's activated remotely via PSN, not by the internal clock.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love how they explain in the lore that the monsters you are fighting against are not their original versions, but sorcerers that got consumed by a soul they couldn't handle and ended up turning into the monster themselves. So that's why all of them turn out to be sorcerers and not some simple commoners!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What do you guys mean by leveling up spells using chests of fortune? I think I have 10 of them at the moment, but I don't see the option to fuse spells with them anywhere.

Edit: found it! Press L + triangle on the chests and they will show which spells can be leveled up. Apparently, (s) chests can only create (m) items and they only upgrade raw materials like axe edges, giant's arms and pinwheels.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 2, 2013

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. There is a plague doctor costume in this game. It looks awesome.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also, I suppose you can have all arm models from the other special sorcerers? I really want Militar's, provided his arm sigil bonus is good enough.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I swear by weapon magic. For me it's the quickest way of killing a lot of monsters and never run out of offerings. Even with a dark arm, the key to being able to use weapons effectively is always use armor. I have the second tier of all armor magic and weapon magic, and even playing mostly sacrifice you'll have ridiculous survivability this way. I played against a phoenix and there wasn't a single attack that hit me for more than a third of my HP, and most of them barely took 5% with the armor on. The stone armor is especially useful since your attacks can't be interrupted when using it. You can even stay under your golem this way and not be knocked all over. Simply put up your stone armor and keep comboing the monster until it's dead. I literally roll with only one weapon magic spell and 5 support ones (2 heals, a golem, the armor and one weapon solely to cause the element break.)

This was my strategy, and then I lucked out by finding a cyclops se++ on my first fight against him, unlocking the third tier of the weapon magic boost sigil, upping my weapon damage by 75%(!). I don't need to tell you how much it helped me kill stuff.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

Holy poo poo this game came out?! :aaaaa:

I'll mosey over to Target after class and pick this up.

PSN is ViralCount and hopefully I can use my fingers as bullets!

I can do that right? :allears:

Edit: Quick question.

Should I play through the demo first to get the unique offering or is it not really worth it in the long run?

You'll get the offering in the first half hour or a bit more, I guess. You should play the demo to see if it's up your alley.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

Well, its been compared to monster hunter AND dark souls so its pretty up my alley

Well, I've found this to be untrue after playing it, though, so my point still stands. It definitely pleased me in other ways than both games.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In "hunting action" terms, 20 minutes is roughly equivalent to half a second.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe they are actually universal system changes. My current line of thinking is that your selection of faction will affect your missions, plot and objectives. Apparently sister is PS+ exclusive?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Unlucky7 posted:

I want to make sure I am getting this right; all items have a durability that goes down if you use it. If you complete the level before it runs out then it will be completely restored, but if durability runs out it is gone for good, except if you use whatever Librom's tears are called. However depending if you do the right save/sacrifice depending on what faction you are with, you can restore some of this durability mid mission. There is no way to know how long you have left until an offering is destroyed.

Did I get all that right?

You can clearly see your offerings blink yellow and then red. I think after red it has a chance to break, which increases every time you use it. Basically, if you avoid using your offerings at all when they are red you won't ever break anything. You can sacrifice the small fry monsters that continuously spawn and also use some of the stage items to refresh your offerings.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So how am I supposed to get the low level Pier Piper LE and SE for the last weapon sigil? I read that I have to create a low level blank page and hope it's a pied piper mission, but is there a way to get that page without the randomness involved?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dimix posted:

I believe there is always a chance to get a lower level essence just like there is a higher. So you could try doing a medium difficulty one to get the lower level essence. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Speaking of low level essence, the special blank page has a low level leviathan for the next 2ish weeks.

Edit: confirmed. Was trying to get siren++ from a 7 or 8 difficulty and got 1 siren and 2 siren+ before getting what I wanted.

Well poo poo, Pied Piper is a complete pushover and I killed him 20 times and nothing yet. Also holy poo poo, the snow white dwarves are BEASTLY. You can summon like 15 of them real quick and they just keep on attacking for 120 damage each. You can see how that adds up, I just summon a group every now and then and they really help.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Belzac posted:

When the game first launched there was an event page that had a mid level pied piper that I farmed for an hour to get the regular LE/SE.

It didn't even take too long to get a 4* pied piper! 10 minutes of blank page creation got me a 4* pied piper, a 4* chimera and a 5* odin. Odin's offerings are pretty baller, ever at bronze!

For some reason I'm finding the game too easy running neutral arm/weapon magic! I'm doing 13* missions and never get to the point where I'd actually die. I want to unlock the 15* missions already but so far, even online playing with other dudes I'm the one reviving the glass cannons 7-8 times per fight. My 13* solo runs are all around 5 minutes. With the regenesis seed, dullahan armor, wyvern dodge and doing only the aerial combo for weapons which is faster and safer than the normal one, nothing ever hits me. When I'm hit, I take less than 20% HP if they're not fully elemental, 50% with fully elemental.

Anyone still playing? I want to tackle the gods and odin, but these are the ones that will probably gently caress my poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tequila posted:

This is going to be a really dumb question, but what exactly is the main story? Things seemed to stop as soon as I beat Sortiara chp6. Are they the faction quests?

It's the magusar storyline. I think this time you have to do the first tier of each faction quest. It starts at "several years later"

• Locked thread