Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm playing through the demo right now and just saying, if you have two memory cards you absolutely should do the account-swapping thing because this game is fantasic. The few spells I've seen so far are cool as poo poo, but more importantly the combat feels fantastic. My big problem with Ragnarok Odyssey was that the combat just felt too light and airy, and even though my sword was anime-huge it just didn't feel any fun to swing around. This is much closer to Monster Hunter-style animation; the little attacks are fairly quick combos but the big ones have huge wind-up times that mean you really have to pick your moment, and when they connect they look and sound like they hurt a shitton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Dumb question regarding getting the demo: I know you need a seperate memory card to format or whatever to use the japanese vita shop, but can you download it via PS3 and just download it to your memory card that way or do you have to do this memory card format dance to run it
Pretty sure you need to do the dance, since if I understand it right games/demos are tied to accounts, and accounts are tied to memory cards. It's really worth doing though.

Majuju posted:

Well, so in the Excalibur case, then, doesn't this mean a game over, unless you've got the tears to fix yourself back up?
There's no permanent effect. It's just a spell you can use once and then have to replenish between levels with tears or you can't use it again.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 22, 2013

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The soundtrack is great too, even in just the demo. The fight against your trainer has a real Dark Souls vibe to it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has to be a player.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So is the EU release date for this the first or the third? PSN+Amazon say one while people here and some review sites are saying the other.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Yechezkel posted:

May 3 in UK and Ireland-
Alright well that explains it, drat.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The costumes are all great. I'm pretty sure I spotted a Sauron-style outfit in an online game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Should I clear Soul Sacrifice before importing my save to Delta?

• Locked thread