Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Game is awesome as gently caress. I've been playing it since you could buy your way into the beta, and it's so good. Can't wait to uninstall Diablo 3 tomorrow and be done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How big is tomorrows patch going to be?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Path of Exile ‏@pathofexile
0.10.0 Patch Notes are 3500 words so far. They should be posted well within an hour.

:eyepop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's suppose to take a real long time, and you lose experience for deaths, and the exp loss is pretty significant.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr Scumbag posted:

For those of you who were disappointed by having to buy consumable items to retrieve cosmetic effects off of equipment:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/statuses/293955103231180800

These guys really do listen to their fans.

For now they do, until they get millions of players and all of them want to give their input. :ohdear:

All I want to do today is get through my classes and then play Path of Exile all night.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dianekwon posted:

What are the chances Path of Exile might see a release on Steam some time in the future? It seems like the perfect platform to help get the game's name out there even more. Has GGG mentioned anything about Steam?

Also, there was a goon in the last thread who was sent in an item design. Have you heard back yet? I'm curious to learn about your item. Any word on whether these player-created uniques are going to be implemented sooner rather than later?

Having PoE on Steam is on the list of things the devs want.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finally the open beta patch is here. I've been waiting so long for this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Washout posted:

Everyone please go post in support of my new idea. An animation replacement for walking that replaces it with skipping.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/71340

Done. This is a hilarious idea.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 23, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is a painful 5 minute wait.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:f5: I'm in! Cya later Diablo III. :byewhore:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Oh yeah, something to keep in mind is that this game is designed for replay. Moreso than most games in the genre - the stash system supports this. It's generously large, account-based and split by league. If you stash all your currency items, unwanted rare/unique gear and generally useful stuff when you're playing Hardcore, then aside from the stuff that you were wearing when you died before, all your hoard will pass on to your next Hardcore character.

If you're doing it right, then successive generations of characters will be inheriting better and better gear. You might end up starting your next fresh character with a full set of unique gear right off the bat. Think of it as meta-levelling.

This is why I keep all yellow's I pick up because I know i'll be making more characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fizzil posted:

Is this off topic? Because i'm curious how the developers are going to make their investment back? Punch Quest was a similar free to play game but they didn't do well for being too generous/good guy developers, how is this game expecting to make its income? Will the cash shop really keep it afloat?

Grinding Gears said they started making a profit off of just the beta packs alone. The support for PoE has been overwhelmingly positive. The cash shop is where they are making their money now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

melon farmer posted:

I took a day off work to play Diablo 2 last year when I reinstalled it in anticipation of D3. This is slightly embarrassing to me, but not really.

If PoE can capture even a bit of that magic, I'll happily pimp out my dudes with shiny poo poo from the cash shop.

It does, it really does. This is seriously Diablo II and I love every bit of it. I really really wish this game was renamed Diablo 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish more gems dropped, or does anyone have any tips for acquiring more, and more quickly?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does anyone have any good boots for a marauder around level 22 that they don't want? STR being the important stat. Screen name; omgitsbees

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It was really bad in the early closed beta when you couldnt turn off global chat.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SaucyLoggins posted:

Strange. I always thought the General Chat was just there to make any Diablo 3 devs who decide to check out the game feel like a piece of poo poo.

Why? They just have to go to their own official forums. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saw the new patch, hopefully you will no longer have to spec almost entirely into defense if you want to survive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Returning from a long break from the game, I have a level 35 Marauder with around 300 str. I badly need new gear though, some of the pieces I had before I can no longer use due to how I respecced my character. I was wondering if anyone had anything they could offload to me on standard league?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It sounds like you have to unlock this event? It says its for people who have finished the game a couple times, what does that mean?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pews posted:

I don't think PoE will ever have unlockable content, I took it more as the game mode was just recommended for people who've been the game multiple times.

Okay that's kinda what I was thinking, just the wording really confused me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stokes posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/445682

GGG just made a post on their forums with 17 old screenshots, including the earliest one they have. It's pretty cool.

Hahah at that first screenshot. That is awesome.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Odette posted:

The AH is something that D3 got right, would be nice to see it implemented in more games.

Hahah yeah no. I'm so glad Path of Exile doesn't have an AH, it would suck horribly. The AH and RMAH is part of why Diablo III is such a bad game. You have to design the item drops entirely around the AH if you want a stable economy, and even then the economy is D3 is still really bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do I find people to play with? The in-game player finder is pretty awful. :X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How important are the gear suggestions for this build? If I really can't find what i'm looking for, am I going to be pretty gimped?

• Locked thread