Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'll bet the answer to this is "LOL Nintendo online/you dumbass", but is there a way to retroactively get Club Nintendo points from purchases? I bought Smash 3DS but only just now realized that my Club Nintendo account wasn't linked to my 3DS, even though when I first bought the system they were doing the free Pokemon X/Y giveaway, which was a Club Nintendo reward and is still downloaded on the very same handheld. So now I'm very confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

C-Euro posted:

I'll bet the answer to this is "LOL Nintendo online/you dumbass", but is there a way to retroactively get Club Nintendo points from purchases? I bought Smash 3DS but only just now realized that my Club Nintendo account wasn't linked to my 3DS, even though when I first bought the system they were doing the free Pokemon X/Y giveaway, which was a Club Nintendo reward and is still downloaded on the very same handheld. So now I'm very confused.

Contact Nintendo support.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

YggiDee posted:

Maybe they figure that people will care about the WiiU or the 3DS, but not both?

People with a Wii U are probably desperate enough for any kind of big release that they'll buy SSB regardless, and Pokemon wouldn't even notice that small fraction of a percent leaving. They also probably seem different enough to whoever markets this stuff that they don't think they'll sell to the same market (a little kind probably isn't rabid over the thought of playing SSB at all, let alone when it's already on 3DS anyway). Oh and Christmas/Winter sales. I mean yeah it's dumb and strange, but at the end of the day I don't think it will actually make any difference for either game. Releasing that Yo-Kai Watch game same day with Pokemon in the West would kill it, but SSB will be fine.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
im probably gonna be that idiot buying pokemon, SSB, and a Wii U console all on that same day just in case you weren't sure we existed

edit: PS I guess if there were a Smash bundle we'd know about it by now, right? I guess there's always a chance they'd announce it during the direct on Thursday. otherwise, the official Nintendo refurb is still the way to go, right?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Refurbished is the way to go.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Refurbished is the way to go.

Seriously my system was a hundred dollars less for what I can figure is no reason at all, go refurbished.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

goferchan posted:

im probably gonna be that idiot buying pokemon, SSB, and a Wii U console all on that same day just in case you weren't sure we existed

edit: PS I guess if there were a Smash bundle we'd know about it by now, right? I guess there's always a chance they'd announce it during the direct on Thursday. otherwise, the official Nintendo refurb is still the way to go, right?

You're only an idiot for not already owning a wii u!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've been holding out -- I got a ps4 and 3ds both fairly recently so I have a lot of games to play already. Smash is what's gonna push me over the edge but there are some other sick games on there im gonna have to pick up

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US dudes, Best Buy has Theatrhythm Curtain Call LE for $30 today: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/theatrh...w0wuNocm1tt.Pxg

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Oct 21, 2014

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Tarezax posted:

But then they'd all be little girls with silly hats.

And how would this be a bad thing?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread before, but, fans of Jump Ultimate Stars on DS might wanna check out the upcoming One Piece fighting game for 3DS - it's by the same devs (Ganbarion) and looks to be very similar in terms of gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKtO5bfj0eg

It'll be out in Japan on November 13; they haven't announced an international release, but Namco's generally pretty good about releasing One Piece games abroad, isn't it?

There are also some early-adopter menu themes, for those who are into that:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley has an official EU announcement, it'll be out in Q1 2015, published by Bergsala Lightweight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EXTcYgNmIU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Bergsala Lightweight

Who? First I hear this name. edit: wait, it's the Bushido Blade guys?? What the hell. Are you sure they are on publishing duty as opposed to a development position, considering this is a video on Rising Star's channel? They are the usual EU publisher for Natsume stuff.

Still fascinated how blatantly Minecraft-ey Natsume are making this one.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 21, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they were just called Lightweight in the PSX days. They must've been bought by Bergsala, a Swedish publisher with a lot of ties in the Nordic countries. They were basically the sole distributor of Nintendo stuff throughout the 80s and 90s up here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh, if they are associated with a Swedish publisher that would make way more sense. The Wikipedia article doesn't mention it, though.

vvv yeah, that explains a lot.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 21, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Saoshyant posted:

Who? First I hear this name. edit: wait, it's the Bushido Blade guys?? What the hell. Are you sure they are on publishing duty as opposed to a development position, considering this is a video on Rising Star's channel? They are the usual EU publisher for Natsume stuff.

Still fascinated how blatantly Minecraft-ey Natsume are making this one.

Bergsala is a massive company that owns a bunch of different satellite companies, and then other companies like Nintendo own chunks of the parent company, too. They own the Steamworld Dig devs, they own Rising Star Games, they own the publisher that brought over Petit Computer, lots of things.

EDIT: seriously, look at this poo poo http://www.bergsala.fi/en/companies

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, an OFLC rating has appeared for the Attack on Titan 3DS game, which looks like it'll be published by Atlus USA. Good news, right? The game thing, not the Atlus thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Isn't that game terrible? Hearsay. If it's heading West I'll be looking into some videos at least.

e: after watching the video below I feel rather "meh" about it. Do not know if "terrible" describes it, but it looks boring and sort of half-assed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRTF9eFIyc

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 21, 2014

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I've heard a lot about how it's terrible too. I guess Atlus will be localizing the "CHAIN" version as that one supposedly has online play.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Saoshyant posted:

Isn't that game terrible? Hearsay. If it's heading West I'll be looking into some videos at least.

e: after watching the video below I feel rather "meh" about it. Do not know if "terrible" describes it, but it looks boring and sort of half-assed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPRTF9eFIyc

so it's like a hunting action game with one move and enemies that don't fight back?

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Awesome! posted:

so it's like a hunting action game with one move and enemies that don't fight back?

And your one move is a QTE.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Awesome! posted:

Basically. To be fair, that's pretty much the series, hunting action with Spider Man belts.

It'll still sell really good for an anime game considering people are losing their brains over it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
If you want to play a good Attack on Titan game just play this one http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Well this is disappointing.

What should I do here? Contact support and see if they'll give me a code?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Gengar tricked you

There was never any demo

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kaleidoscope posted:

A lot of people are getting that. I'd say wait and see if it gets fixed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kaleidoscope posted:

Be patient for now and make sure you hang onto that email.

http://support.pokemon.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=15227&task=knowledge&questionID=1574

quote:

It has come to our attention that some users have not yet received their copy of the newsletter, and that some who have are reporting that the code for the Alpha Ruby/Omega Sapphire Demo is not appearing properly in the message.

Because of the large volume of newsletters sent, there could be some delays as they make their way through the various internet providers and networks, leading to some users receiving their newsletters before other users.

We’re working closely with our service partner to resolve the issue of non-displaying codes and hope to see the issue resolved shortly. This should not require us to re-send the message as once the error is corrected users will then see the code appear in their original newsletter email.

We will update this article as we receive information, and we encourage you to click the subscribe link so that you are notified as we update this issue.

For users who didn't subscribe to the Pokemon.com newsletter in time, or just can't wait to jump in and explore Hoenn at Nintendo.com

Thank you,

Pokémon Support

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Try keeping the email open for a while. When I loaded mine, all the images showed up except the code image, but it eventually loaded a few minutes later.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Yeah it just worked for me after not working earlier. If you click the image around it it goes to click.email.pokemon.com, that wasn't loading at all earlier but now it's fine. I reloaded the email once that started working and the code showed up after that.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Just started working for me too after previously not loading earlier this morning, so I'd say it's fixed now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kaleidoscope posted:

Wait for a bit, something will load into the blank white space. Either it'll be a grey box saying coupon or it will be the actual code itself. If it's the grey box, just wait a while and it should fix itself.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
So I decided to pick up Million Arthur since it came out on 3DS for free. Yeah it's a free iOS game but I kind of wanted some kind of card game and the price was right. However, the initial update when you first load the game downloads insanely slow. I don't know if their servers are just crammed right now with new users or what, but we're talking hours here.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
How much singleplayer content does the new Smash Brothers have?
I know it's mostly arcade/classic mode, but is there a lot of stuff to unlock and see?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can unlock other moves to customize fighters and hats/clothes for the Mii fighters. Also a couple stages and characters unlock after doing something X times. There's also a couple single player modes like an adventure mode that has you running around and gathering power ups before a match starts.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

scissorman posted:

How much singleplayer content does the new Smash Brothers have?
I know it's mostly arcade/classic mode, but is there a lot of stuff to unlock and see?

You'll be done with it in less than four hours.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Katana Gomai posted:

You'll be done with it in less than four hours.

Wow, that's disappointing.
After sinking lots of hours into Kid Icarus Uprising, I kind of hoped that Smash Brothers featured a similar amount of content.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Do you expect a robust single player from mario party too

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Well, the previous one had a big story mode in Subspace Emissary and it's for the 3DS, which is a handheld, so I'd say maybe, which is why I'm asking :).

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Well, how do you define single-player content in Smash Brothers, because pretty much everything except Classic can be done with friends. Just beating Classic and All-Star with everyone (49 characters) will take a good long while, much more than four hours, and if you're into it Smash Run is very replayable, and if online works for you it's fun to smash bros online.

I realize that's a lot of caveats, but dismissing everything you can do by yourself by saying you could feasibly finish it all in a few hours is underselling it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

There are plenty of fighting games with significant single player modes.

• Locked thread