Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

$360 million in the next 6 months. I think they're hoping for a massive holiday 2014

I can't imagine a bigger holiday than Pokemon and Smash Brothers, outside of like peak Call of Duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

thorsilver posted:

So the choice is between a complete, fleshed-out game with better story and animations and paying the same amount to gamble on a virtual gacha machine?

Buy the proper 3DS game, don't gamble your money away.

Yeah, I've never played this Puzzle & Dragon game before but that whole post screams "I have a gambling problem."

SilverFire
Dec 31, 2012
I have an extra code for ORAS as well: A06CJWUB1TXBKGG0

Son of Isaac
Apr 22, 2008

SilverFire posted:

I have an extra code for ORAS as well: A06CJWUB1TXBKGG0

Thanks!

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I personally am looking at spending approximately half that amount on Nintendo products over the next few months so...

$5 million profit from games/hardware, $355 million from amiibos.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

thorsilver posted:

So the choice is between a complete, fleshed-out game with better story and animations and paying the same amount to gamble on a virtual gacha machine?

Buy the proper 3DS game, don't gamble your money away.

This question was made moot when I went out and saw that Puzzle and Dragons Z is only $14 instead of the $45 or so it was at launch. I assumed since it was popular it wouldn't go down in price, but since it's now dirt cheap I just grabbed it.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So, can anyone tell me anything about Fantasy Life and what to expect from it? What differentiates it from other jRPGs?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Slur posted:

So, can anyone tell me anything about Fantasy Life and what to expect from it?

Its Dragon Quest IX with elements from Animal Crossing and crafting.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Getsuya posted:

to buy or not to buy

I like your post, it is a pretty cool specimen of what someone who actually spends money on IAPs sounds like.

Hey did SE ever talk more about localizing DQ7 or was that just rumors for the sake of good PR?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Slur posted:

So, can anyone tell me anything about Fantasy Life and what to expect from it? What differentiates it from other jRPGs?

For one it has a lot of goofy dialog that causes me to smile more often than not:

If you like gathering materials, crafting, and having boss battle music flare up while you try to mine a huge boss ore deposit, then this game is for you.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don't really care for the gen that's being remade, so here's a code for ORAS Pokemans. AO5L8RVG1KHDA1SA

Bandit64
Oct 22, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Mr E posted:

I don't really care for the gen that's being remade, so here's a code for ORAS Pokemans. AO5L8RVG1KHDA1SA

Used it, thanks!

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004
Here's another Pokemon ORAS demo code: A05PNWHL1C86XL78

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario
Already have my demo, so have an ORAS code: A05STUDN14DMUR26

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Doc V posted:

They made 9.47 billion yen in operating income. Their net income for the quarter was 24.2 billion, giving them a total of 14.3 billion yen in profits for the year so far. If they were to make as much money in Q3 as Q2 (and Q3 sales are usually much higher), they'd hit 38.5 billion yen in profits by 2015 and could pretty much coast through Q4. Seems like a pretty safe forecast to me.

Where'd you see all this? Doesn't look like it's in the linked article

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Guys PLEASE stop all these sales numbers are making me EXTREMELY horny

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

I'm not sure where those numbers come from, but the data should be all on Nintendo's site.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141030e.pdf

The supplemental information there has games planned for release on 3DS in the next few months. Looks like Renegade Kid and Atlus make up a huge chunk of North American third party games.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Famitsu posted an article on Legacy of Legend's combat system: http://gematsu.com/2014/10/legend-legacy-combat-system-revealed

A little info came out on the mapmaking system, too - it seems pretty basic, it auto-maps as you walk and there are rewards/unlocks for 100% completion.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I really want to be excited about Legacy of Legend considering that it's essentially SaGa Default but I just know it won't come overseas and FuRyu games are mediocre at best. I've played 3 of them now (Unchained Blades, Exstetra, Lost Dimension) and they're all the same kind of "we really liked <blank> so we made something like it!" experience.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well holy crap, SMT-IV actually has a listing in the Aussie eShop with a decent price of $26. They might actually keep their release date this time, though I'm expecting to suddenly delay another three months at midnight.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/141029e.pdf via http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=921037

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Also, their briefing (in English) is out. Quick bits: Pre-order downloads are coming, albeit first on the Wii U. Also apparently you can purchase digital copies from Amazon at some point and it'll download straight away to your 3DS. Then there's talk about non-wearable stuff tracking how well you sleep.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know, if Nintendo were serious about that sleep stuff and really can detect breathing, heart rate, and amount of movement from a bedside device, they very much ought to be investing in medical trials for home sleep apnea tests rather than a Dr. Oz pseudoscience "sleep better" app.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

greatn posted:

a Dr. Oz pseudoscience "sleep better" app.

Yea but those sell gangbusters because people are idiots.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well holy crap, SMT-IV actually has a listing in the Aussie eShop with a decent price of $26. They might actually keep their release date this time, though I'm expecting to suddenly delay another three months at midnight.

I'll join you foreigners and finally finish SMTIV. Maybe even start it over, although that probably isn't necessary considering the first hour of the game makes up pretty much all of the plot.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

greatn posted:

You know, if Nintendo were serious about that sleep stuff and really can detect breathing, heart rate, and amount of movement from a bedside device, they very much ought to be investing in medical trials for home sleep apnea tests rather than a Dr. Oz pseudoscience "sleep better" app.

They weren't really serious about training your brain or keeping you fit either. They're diversions

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Katana Gomai posted:

Yea but those sell gangbusters because people are idiots.

Legitimate medical devices can be insanely lucrative.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Policenaut posted:

I really want to be excited about Legacy of Legend considering that it's essentially SaGa Default but I just know it won't come overseas and FuRyu games are mediocre at best. I've played 3 of them now (Unchained Blades, Exstetra, Lost Dimension) and they're all the same kind of "we really liked <blank> so we made something like it!" experience.

I feel the same way. I had some fun with Unchained Blades, and it's nice to see another new RPG license start up on the 3DS, but I guess we'll have no real indication of how good this game is until someone just buys it and plays it. I gotta say though, the battle system they've revealed seems pretty interesting. Then again, if it doesn't have you Spark new attacks I may just give up on it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

greatn posted:

Legitimate medical devices can be insanely lucrative.

I assume a legitimate medical device has to go through a lot of testing and approvals from government agencies. But a novelity device probably not.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SMT4 is now up on the EU Eshop.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Policenaut posted:

Well, the difference with this game is they didn't just get one SaGa alum, they got a whole bunch of 'em, and not just some guy who debugged a Wonderswan remake or whatever, they got a lot of key personnel. I'm still not convinced it won't suck (even the "good" SaGa games suck in their own quaint ways) but I'm at least willing to pay it a little attention.

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Terper posted:

Fully expecting Nintendo EShop to collapse forever in one final spite fuelled moment.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Terper posted:

I'm not even interested in it anymore. :effort:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

We finally got smt4 but by now what i want is rune factory 4

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

greatn posted:

Maybe I misread/misheard this somewhere but wasn't part of the plan for Nintendo to share the data they gather through this QOL device with medical development folks? Personally as someone who has always been concerned with the lack of quality rest I seem to get I'm really looking forward to this thing coming out, if it really can do what they say it can.

Though, to tie it back in with the 3DS, I will now have a combination pedometer and sleep checker. Next all it needs to do is calculate my calories and gauge my bowel movements. And then monetize them like it does steps. 'Want another puzzle piece? That will be 10 coins, 30 Zs, -100 Calories or 20 Poop Points'

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Davincie posted:

We finally got smt4 but by now what i want is rune factory 4

When we get that in 8 months or whatever there will be a new atlus game that looks fun with no EU release date.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Getsuya posted:

Maybe I misread/misheard this somewhere but wasn't part of the plan for Nintendo to share the data they gather through this QOL device with medical development folks? Personally as someone who has always been concerned with the lack of quality rest I seem to get I'm really looking forward to this thing coming out, if it really can do what they say it can.

Go to a doctor. Specifically a sleep medicine MD. They will do worlds better than a video game console.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Fremry posted:

Go to a doctor. Specifically a sleep medicine MD. They will do worlds better than a video game console.

i've never trusted anything but a video game console before, i'm not going to change that now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Getsuya posted:

Though, to tie it back in with the 3DS, I will now have a combination pedometer and sleep checker. Next all it needs to do is calculate my calories and gauge my bowel movements. And then monetize them like it does steps. 'Want another puzzle piece? That will be 10 coins, 30 Zs, -100 Calories or 20 Poop Points'

Yeah I'm thinking if they could legitimately diagnose, say sleep apnea, they'd have a very valuable device on their hands. Currently you have to do one or two sleep tests with an overnight hospital stay with tons of diodes hooked to you and it costs thousands of dollars. They do have a home test now though, but it still sucks with tons of sensors and junk.

• Locked thread