Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
Ok, thanks everybody. I double checked and Bravely Default, MHU, and Mii Plaze are all enabled.

Glad to hear I get villagers each day from the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Rubicon posted:

Ok, thanks everybody. I double checked and Bravely Default, MHU, and Mii Plaze are all enabled.

Glad to hear I get villagers each day from the update.

There was also a way in the demo to save scum and generate 20 villagers. I'm not sure if you can do it in the actual game though.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Wow, I genuinely thought I was the only one here who got enjoyment out of Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS. It's probably the weakest version of the game but crouch walking feels so good. Control wise I found it about on the same level as Peace Walker on the PSP. I imagine the circle pad pro makes it feel a bit better.

EDIT: Later to the discussion than I thought.

Dangerous Person fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 19, 2014

Duo
Aug 4, 2002
So I've been debating for a long time of upgrading my original aqua blue 3ds to an XL. I was keeping the best buy deal in mind but looks like it's over now. I was wondering if anyone knew of any good sales like that on them in the near future since it's the holidays?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Wait for the new 3DS.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I just started SMT IV over, and after about 90 hours of Persona Q, it's shocking what a better presentation SMT IV is (except for maybe the music... which is good, just kinda weird.) Even the 3D is great, which is the exact opposite case for Persona Q. I just wish it were easier to play in bed. Constantly having to use the shoulder buttons combined with the XL being heavy and awkward to hold sucks.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow, I haven't played Persona Q but I thought the Etrian Odyssey games looked really nice with 3D on, and SMT4 looked bad. The framerate seemed to drop when 3D was on, too, but maybe I'm misremembering

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

New 3DS is pretty okay. I don't get to system transfer until christmas day due to internet caps, but the stable 3D is nice. It's not entirely perfect, but it is so much better. I was playing OOT 3D on it last night and while there was still minor ghosting on black surfaces, it was comfortable enough to keep it on permanently.

None of that wasting time looking for a sweet spot bullshit.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

I wish I could be you so I could play that game again for the first time. I would play it on a console if you could though.

I don't think I would be able to. This way is really easy and hell, it's already downloading.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

mabels big day posted:

I don't think I would be able to. This way is really easy and hell, it's already downloading.

Then have a good time and don't eat the weird mythical snake-worm if you find it!

VERY IMPORTANT

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Crawfish posted:

New 3DS is pretty okay. I don't get to system transfer until christmas day due to internet caps, but the stable 3D is nice. It's not entirely perfect, but it is so much better. I was playing OOT 3D on it last night and while there was still minor ghosting on black surfaces, it was comfortable enough to keep it on permanently.

None of that wasting time looking for a sweet spot bullshit.

So the 3D eye tracking or whatever it's called really works well? That's great to hear. I absolutely love the 3D but I've got wrist problems that make long sessions holding the 3DS in the sweet spot really uncomfortable.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The super stable 3D lives up to its name, I can play starfox with the gyro controls and in 3D at the same time

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How well does it work if you're playing in dark environments? Does it sometimes lose track of your face?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Sire Oblivion posted:

How well does it work if you're playing in dark environments? Does it sometimes lose track of your face?

It's infrared, so presumably not. It might work even better!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

it works perfectly in the dark.
There's still a range you have to hold it from your face, but it does a really good job of tracking my eyes and it only takes a split second to fix itself

also the browser is actually good now

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So I bit the bullet and did the system transfer.

It feels like "dear god, don't choose wireless data transfer" or "make drat sure you have a tiny screwdriver if you want more than 4GB memory" could be good contenders for the new title next year when this releases state side. Also if you are already using a micro SD card, choose no when the corresponding option comes up, and it'll let you switch the current one into the New3DS on your own time.

Smash Bros. feels pretty drat nice when it acts like a normal game and opens/closes without the system rebooting itself. Have yet to check the new browser, or the faster download speeds, but i'm pretty happy with the thing. The stable 3D feels like what they envisioned the system to be on release instead of the sweet spot poo poo it's been since release.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So I know this thing is region locked, which is fine, but if I bought the PAL version and then moved back Stateside (not probably happening), I'd still be able to purchase games digitally in the PAL online store right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

So I know this thing is region locked, which is fine, but if I bought the PAL version and then moved back Stateside (not probably happening), I'd still be able to purchase games digitally in the PAL online store right?

Yes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Thank you!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

It doesn't ever automatically turn off streetpass for a game. If you try to enable it but already have 12, it tells you that it can't and you have to manually delete some games from your streetpass list in system settings.
Oh really? I've never received that prompt as far as I remember, but maybe I just haven't hit the limit... thinking about my games which have Streetpass enabled, I guess it would be the Plaza, MK7, Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing, Kirby, Bravely Default, SMT IV, Smash Bros, maybe Nintendo Letterbox? I forget what other games I have which have Streetpass functionality. I thought it would have been more than 10 or 12 though, but maybe not.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm sure everyone in this thread is already aware of this, but, Shinobi is not a good game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It's pretty alright. Not bad.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I like it, too. If you have not lived through the 16-bit era and/or are bad at videogames, I imagine you would think it's bad since it's drab looking and rather challenging.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nintendo tweeted that Tomodachi Life has sold 1,000,000 copies in Europe which is pretty neat. I know those games sell a lot in Japan but I didn't think it would do well here at all

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's some more Legend of Legacy battle footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y54OT0lJok4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSKLrDUnb8

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Shinobi on megadrive was great. Had a really cool soundtrack from Yuzo Koshiro.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Oh man they've been saving some pretty awesome stuff for right before release. So we finally have Sparking confirmed (not that it was really ever in doubt) and it looks like they're borrowing a few ideas from FF13 with a kind of formation/paradigm system. I wonder what specific effects leveling the formation types will have. Will it just increase your associated parameters or will it also help you spark new attacks/abilities from related items?

The magic system looks like it might take a while to get used to, and I still can't really follow how it was being used in the 2nd video, but with just the stuff they show off in the 1st video I'm a lot more excited to get my hands on this game. Now if only they manage to give it a decent story as well.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Oh poo poo, that actually looks really cool. Who's doing the soundtrack for this game anyway? That sounds Hamauzu as gently caress.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Artix posted:

Oh poo poo, that actually looks really cool. Who's doing the soundtrack for this game anyway? That sounds Hamauzu as gently caress.

Yep. It is indeed Hamauzu.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I really want it but I'll have to wait until Boxing Day maybe.

e: didn't quote, doh. Was in reply to Tomodachi life.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So the 3DS XL is on sale for $50 off for the next couple of days, and I have a $50 gift card so I could get one pretty cheap. Is the New 3DS going to be a huge deal that I'll regret getting the old model?

I just assumed this would be like the N64 Expansion Pack, or the Wii Classic Controller: Sure you can support it if you want, but it's not going to be key because they don't want to piss off all the people on old hardware.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Nu3DS has been out for a couple of months in Japan and Australia and it hasn't been a "deal" at all, much less "huge". Unless you are playing Smash or really, really want the improved 3D.

Basically, if you can wait some months until it's released here, sure, go ahead, but if you want to play games now don't let the newer model stop you.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Dec 19, 2014

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The New 3DS is best compared to the DSi at this point. Who knows what lies down the road though.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'd say we'll find out in a couple weeks just how much support New 3DS will be getting. They just have to get past this Christmas season in the rest of the world. I wouldn't even put it past them to do a "New Year, New 3DS" commercial.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

The Nu3DS has been out for a couple of months in Japan and Australia and it hasn't been a "deal" at all, much less "huge". Unless you are playing Smash or really, really want the improved 3D.

Basically, if you can wait some months until it's released here, sure, go ahead, but if you want to play games now don't let the newer model stop you.

Why specifically Smash?

Also what's Circle Pad thing people keep mentioning?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Why specifically Smash?

Smash uses the new stick while being incompatible with the CPP accessory. It also loads way faster. For people who are heavy into Smash it makes sense to play there, but that was the sort of thing people said before the U version came out. Now I imagine it's just silly to play the 3DS version at all regardless of the device model.

And if you don't know about the new stick you probably should hit your favorite news site because all of them wrote articles about the new model and how the stick feels (kind of like a laptop nub).

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sure its not as good as the Wii U one, but having Smash in your pocket is really awesome.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's great for when you get into an argument out on the streets and you settle it in Smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I think youre in the wrong town. Around here we settle things in Style Savvy

• Locked thread