Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Or plan on getting Luigi's Mansion 2, maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Will Luigi's Mansion support the Pro? I can't even remember how it's supposed to control. Does it use the gyro, or did I just make that up?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I remember using it to control the direction the vacuum went and such. I can only imagine the second requiring the Pro.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

cobalt impurity posted:

Hori really is the go-to brand for screen protectors. It's eligible for free shipping so if you can find something else to buy to push you over $25 that would be the best deal. As of this post they're even on sale for $7.19. Failing that, you'll have to look around for a brick-and-mortar that sells them in your area.

Looks like Wal-mart stocks it at a reasonable price and does free ship-to-store, and conveniently there's one right next to the local Gamestop.

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

PlushCow posted:

If Kid Icarus: Uprising was one you passed on I'd take another look at it again, I just beat it a few days ago. Yes the controls are difficult, but after some adjusting and an hour or so of play time I got pretty used to it and eventually good at it (the stand that comes with the game can help a lot). It was so much fun; the shooting on-rails sequences were awesome, and beautiful, and make me really wish theyd make a new Starfox for the system. The on foot sections is where you'll struggle (initially) with the controls, but it gets to be a lot of fun, and the constant banter between the characters is fun and endearing. The single-player campaign is pretty lengthy; I havent yet touched multiplayer and maybe wont, but it was a great buy.

By any chance, did you ever play Metroid Prime Hunters? I played a whole bunch of that years ago and I barely had any trouble with KI:U's controls.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

noirstronaut posted:

I remember using it to control the direction the vacuum went and such. I can only imagine the second requiring the Pro.

It definitely doesn't require the Pro, and the more I read online the more it seems like it doesn't even support it.

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Question about game saves. Are they actually saved on the game cartridges now or are they saved on the SD card on the 3DS?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Still on the cart! The 3DS game system, for all intents and purposes, is the same as the DS, just with a little bar so you don't try to insert them in the original handheld.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

geeksauce posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what were the games you were excited for that you skipped? The internet can be a cruel place, and while lots of people can rip into a game, another large batch of people may love it and just not be as vocal.

-Kid Icarus: I know it gets loads of praise too, maybe if I can find it discounted
-Paper Mario: I was excited for a return to the N64/GC series but it seems like it was received more like the Wii one which I had to force myself to even finish
-Theatrythm: The song list excited me before I realized just how much of it was DLC. I played it and it was fun and nostalgic listening to the old songs but I'm sure the novelty wears off eventually
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: The demo was fun if confusing but I didn't hear great things and I'm not a huge fan anyway
-Resident Evil: I was planning on it eventually but now they're remaking this for consoles but also RE 6 was trash and I think I'm done with the series!
-Snake Eater 3D: MGS HD Collection turned out really well and came with the other games :v:
-New Super Mario Bros 2: Before this game I never knew there was a mario "A Team" and "B Team" and the New games were basically pooped out to make a quick buck

And then a bunch of JRPG type stuff that all turned out to be "If you're desperate for RPGs this is ok I guess"

I don't usually buy games at release and the internet is much kinder to games when they are being hyped up instead of in retrospect, but yeah that's a list of stuff I was thinking of picking up.

I did buy Pokemon Black 2 but that's a DS game.

I'm thinking of picking up Fire Emblem although I've never played the series, and I am excited for the Atlus games (Etrian Odyssey, SMT4 whenever that's out) and the new Pokemon stuff.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I'm thinking about getting a 3DS, but I'm pretty far out of the loop. I see best buy is selling the XL for $169.99, is that a common sale price or uncommon? Biggest thing holding me back is the horrible red/blue color options. :(

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Is there any sort of case or something that I can use my original 3DS with to make it more ergonomic? Everytime I play a game which requires usage of the shoulder buttons my hand cramps up like crazy. Does the circle pro pad thing help with this, or are there better options?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Buy the XL.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I've had my 3DS since launch (basically because my DS broke), and until Black Friday, had no games for it. I bought KH3D and Theatrhythm since they were 20 bucks each.

Theatrhythm, pretty fun! I wish I were better at it.

Kingdom Hearts 3D... what. what were they thinking? The Drop system is the stupidest, most game-interrupting mechanic I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. The boss fights tend to last too long anyway, making it even worse, in that sometimes you're pretty much guarenteed to be force-switched midboss fight unless you started from a fresh Drop. The game is really, really tedious, and definitely the worst Kingdom Hearts I have played (which is all of them)

I'm waiting for EO4 anxiously, and really wish they'd tell us Rune Factory 4 was coming out here.

I also wish I had an XL now that I saw someone with it. I also do not have stereoscopic vision like some other people earlier in the thread, but the screen size is seriously that much of a difference. I will trade 3DSes with you if you really want the smaller one, haha.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Dana Crysalis posted:

I've had my 3DS since launch (basically because my DS broke), and until Black Friday, had no games for it. I bought KH3D and Theatrhythm since they were 20 bucks each.

Theatrhythm, pretty fun! I wish I were better at it.

Kingdom Hearts 3D... what. what were they thinking? The Drop system is the stupidest, most game-interrupting mechanic I have ever had the displeasure of experiencing. The boss fights tend to last too long anyway, making it even worse, in that sometimes you're pretty much guarenteed to be force-switched midboss fight unless you started from a fresh Drop. The game is really, really tedious, and definitely the worst Kingdom Hearts I have played (which is all of them)

I'm waiting for EO4 anxiously, and really wish they'd tell us Rune Factory 4 was coming out here.

I also wish I had an XL now that I saw someone with it. I also do not have stereoscopic vision like some other people earlier in the thread, but the screen size is seriously that much of a difference. I will trade 3DSes with you if you really want the smaller one, haha.

I read the KH:3D story spoilers and the story is easily the dumbest so far too but yeah I'm looking forward to EO4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The 3DS Resident Evil (Revelation?) is easily the best one from what I hear of RE fans, way better than 6. It's much more RE 1-2-3 than 5-6.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Original_Z posted:

Is there any sort of case or something that I can use my original 3DS with to make it more ergonomic? Everytime I play a game which requires usage of the shoulder buttons my hand cramps up like crazy. Does the circle pro pad thing help with this, or are there better options?

I have one of these grips and find it quite comfortable, though obviously portability is drastically reduced. This is not the only grip out there, and in fact there are probably better or cheaper ones that I don't know about.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I've actually found Kingdom Hearts 3D to be surprisingly great. Easily the best combat in the series with the new skill system that gets rid of MP, the increased mobility from flowmotion and the dream eaters make for a fun added layer of strategy. The drop system isn't bad if you invest droplets to slow down the drop rate, it's not perfect of course but it really isn't that bad. The story's dumb, there's no avoiding that though but I do like the locations you visit in the game for the most part.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Again, nothing worth mentioning at retail. NA is getting Fire Emblem next week, at least.

NA is finally getting the Ikachan remake this week, for both eShop and DSiWare (unless Nicalis was bullshitting again), as well as two budget Japanese eShop games: a cutesy Castlevania-esque doujin game and a Rabi Laby "spinoff". PAL-land isn't getting anything, so sayeth NOE. Oh well, go play Picross-e2.

quote:

3DS
    Devil Survivor: Overclocked - out now! (NA) / February 22 (PAL)
    Style Savvy: Trendsetters / New Style Boutique - out now! (everywhere*)
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - out now! (NA/PAL*)
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - out now! (everywhere)
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion - out now! (everywhere*)
    Scribblenauts Unlimited - out now! (NA) / February 8 (PAL)
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! - out now! (NA*) / TBC (PAL)
    Paper Mario: Sticker Star - out now! (everywhere)
    Fire Emblem Awakening - February 4 (NA* / "April" (PAL)
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed - February 8 (PAL) / February 12 (NA)
    Brain Age: Concentration Training / Devilish Brain Training - February 10 (NA*) / March 8 (PAL)
    Etrian Odyssey IV - February 26 (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - March 5 (NA) / March 8 (PAL)
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - March 19 (NA) / March 21 (PAL)
    Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - March 24 (PAL) / "Q1 2013" (NA)
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - March 24 (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers - April 16 (NA) / "TBC" (PAL)
    Animal Crossing - "Q2 2013" (NA/PAL)

*demo available
3DS eSHOP SOFTWARE
    Tokyo Crash Mobs - out now! (everywhere)
    Unchained Blades - out now! (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Liberation Maiden - out now! (everywhere)
    The "DENPA" Men: They Came By Wave - out now! (everywhere*)
    Crashmo / Fallblox - out now! (everywhere)
    Aero Porter - out now! (everywhere)
    Crimson Shroud - out now! (everywhere)
    Fluidity: Spin Cycle - out now! (everywhere)
    Ikachan - January 31 (NA) / Nicalis (PAL)
    Picross-e2 - out now! (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight - "March 2013" (PAL) / "2013" (NA)
    Nano Assault EX - "Q1 2013" (everywhere)
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Zelda II: Adventure of Link (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Ninja Gaiden (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Wario Land II (Game Boy Color) - out now! (everywhere)
    Wario Land III (Game Boy Color) - out now! (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Ghosts 'n' Goblins (NES) - out now! (everywhere)
    Mega Man 2 (NES) - February 7 (NA) / TBC (PAL)
    Harvest Moon (Game Boy Color) - "2013" (NA) / "Q1 2013" (PAL)
    Legend of the River King (Game Boy Color) - "2013" (NA) / "Q1 2013" (PAL)
    Ninja Gaiden II (NES) - "Q1 2013" (PAL) / TBC (NA)
    Shantae (Game Boy Color) - "soon" (NA) / TBC (PAL)
DS
    Zero Escape: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (reprint) - out now! (NA)
    Etrian Odyssey 1/2/3 (budget reprint) - out now! (NA)
    Devil Survivor 2 - out now! (NA) / February 22 (PAL)
    Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! - out now! / TBC (PAL)
    Diamond Trust of London - out now! (available via website)

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jan 28, 2013

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Original_Z posted:

I had the same problem, and yeah, I wound up just keeping my 3DS inside the Circle Pad Pro most of the time because it was way more comfortable to hold. For the record I never--and still don't--have this problem with the DS Lite.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

-Kid Icarus: I know it gets loads of praise too, maybe if I can find it discounted
-Paper Mario: I was excited for a return to the N64/GC series but it seems like it was received more like the Wii one which I had to force myself to even finish
-Theatrythm: The song list excited me before I realized just how much of it was DLC. I played it and it was fun and nostalgic listening to the old songs but I'm sure the novelty wears off eventually
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: The demo was fun if confusing but I didn't hear great things and I'm not a huge fan anyway
-Resident Evil: I was planning on it eventually but now they're remaking this for consoles but also RE 6 was trash and I think I'm done with the series!
-Snake Eater 3D: MGS HD Collection turned out really well and came with the other games :v:
-New Super Mario Bros 2: Before this game I never knew there was a mario "A Team" and "B Team" and the New games were basically pooped out to make a quick buck

And then a bunch of JRPG type stuff that all turned out to be "If you're desperate for RPGs this is ok I guess"

I don't usually buy games at release and the internet is much kinder to games when they are being hyped up instead of in retrospect, but yeah that's a list of stuff I was thinking of picking up.

I did buy Pokemon Black 2 but that's a DS game.

I'm thinking of picking up Fire Emblem although I've never played the series, and I am excited for the Atlus games (Etrian Odyssey, SMT4 whenever that's out) and the new Pokemon stuff.

My take on some of those games:

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Much closer in quality to the original Paper Mario, even if the battle system is quite different from it and Thousand Year Door. For an "RPG", it is also quite nonlinear (we're talking almost Metroidvania levels of nonlinear here) as long as you know what you're doing. That said, you won't get many hints as to what you should do next, and this is true for enemies and bosses as well. The best way to go through the game with minimal difficulty is to play it smartly. Also, the music is the best of the Paper Mario series in my opinion!

Kingdom Hearts 3D - I absolutely love the battle system in this one! I love the commands, I love the flowmotion stuff, I love the Dream Eaters, and I love the worlds! Also, in contrast to BBS, I found that I didn't really prefer a character much over the other, which is rare for me. I had expected the Drop system to be annoying, but due to smart play, I only dropped during one or two of the boss battles. In fact, the Drop System was ultimately the least of my worries (if I worried about it at all) when I fought a boss because the bosses as a whole fight much more smartly than in other KH games. Same goes for the enemies in the game: They're some of the most competent foes I've fought in a KH game, which makes it extra fun to beat on them!

The worlds, to me, are very huge, which I love, because I love exploring worlds, and BBS's worlds made me feel like I went through a lot of small corridors (Exception: Radiant Garden and Neverland), something I didn't feel with these worlds (not even with The World That Never Was)! In fact, the most memorable moments for me in 3D is when I'm either fighting (either enemies or bosses) or exploring.

The moves that Sora and Riku learn in this game range from the basic attacks and spells, like Quick Blitz, Fire, and Cure, to powerful flashy moves, like Ars Arcanum, Dark Aura, and Faith. You learn enough different moves to forge your own playstyle with both Sora and Riku, and using them to take down 3D's more competent enemies will make you feel like a badass! A favorite of mine is to use Zero Graviza to trap all enemies, then use the Thunder line of spells to completely wreck their poo poo!

Story is pretty bad (and/or confusing), but I had so much fun with the battling and exploring that I never noticed and just went along with it anyways. There's also a distinct lack of NPCs in the game, but I never had a problem with that (which I'll chalk up to having played Rare's Banjo-Kazooie games and DK64 on my old N64 and liking them).

New Super Mario Bros 2 - Everyone agrees that this game is probably among the worse Mario platformers, but that basically means it's an enjoyable game, rather than a classic. I also think it's much better than the original NSMB to which the game is basically an update to anyways, particularly in regards to level design. The DLC levels are also pretty good so I never felt that I wasted money on buying them. Ultimately however, you may want to pass on it, but it is still a fun game, none-the-less.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

It's not like it's the iOS version where it comes with 2 songs and tells you to gently caress off and buy the rest, the cart comes with 39 songs (3 for each series), 4 standard unlockable songs, 8 Dark Note unlockable songs, and 2 songs that are only playable in the Chaos Shrine (total of 53). Everything but the Dark Note songs has three difficulties a piece, which also boosts the game's longevity by a lot. Also, you can buy any of the ~50 DLC songs you want individually for a buck a piece, and all the DLC songs come with an individualized background scene for that specific song, and have three difficulties themselves. Admittedly, I bought quite a few DLC songs, but I'm sitting at about 40 hours and I still don't have everything unlocked.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Vince Videogames posted:

I've actually found Kingdom Hearts 3D to be surprisingly great. Easily the best combat in the series with the new skill system that gets rid of MP,

Birth By Sleep had the same MP-less skill system and did it better.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Birth By Sleep had the same MP-less skill system and did it better.

Re:coded also did it well. But BBS's was horribly broken and you could get massively powerful commands and abilities super early without a huge amount of grinding. At least in 3D you can't get the ultimate commands until late in the game due to being unable to get the best Dream Eaters until then.

Edit: and the complaints about the drop system always make me laugh, just chomp on a Drop-Me-Not before boss battles, they throw those things at you like candy.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 28, 2013

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Please dont let the shittiness of RE6 prevent you from trying the greatness of Revelations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Drop System isn't an issue in practice thanks to Drop-Me-Nots being plentiful, but neither do I see any reason for them to have included it in the first place.

The rest of the gameplay is pretty good.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pureauthor posted:

The Drop System isn't an issue in practice thanks to Drop-Me-Nots being plentiful, but neither do I see any reason for them to have included it in the first place.

The rest of the gameplay is pretty good.

it forces you to switch between the characters. They wanted you to be constantly switching between them so you couldn't get too far as one guy or the other.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

[in BBS] you could get massively powerful commands and abilities super early without a huge amount of grinding.

I see that as a positive.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I don't mind the drop system. It's just a mechanic to keep in mind and you can buy as many drop-me-nots as you need from the store.

Plus, when you finally drop, and spend all those sweet DP on bonuses, its pretty awesome.

KH:DDD is a good Kingdom Hearts game. Story's still whack though, but that's what you get with KH. Isn't it ironic that arguably the best video game with Disney characters is also the most convoluted plots of any videogames, ever?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I see that as a positive.
It's not, it makes the game too easy and boring.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

it forces you to switch between the characters. They wanted you to be constantly switching between them so you couldn't get too far as one guy or the other.

Then they could have set up switches point in the plot instead of being tied to a meter that can run out in the middle of battles.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Resident Evil: I was planning on it eventually but now they're remaking this for consoles but also RE 6 was trash and I think I'm done with the series!

This was a mistake, Revelations is nothing like that pandering piece of poo poo that RE6 was, RE also has an A team and B team and the B team handled Revelations, probably why it ended up being so drat good, it actually feels like a horror game and raid mode is way better than mercs.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So I'm curious if anyone knows what the range of the streetpass is? Or did Nintendo ever do a nifty technical write-up on how it works?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

-Kid Icarus:
-Kingdom Hearts 3D:
-Resident Evil:

Kid Icarus was probably my favorite game of last year, the only complaint I ever hear about it is the controls and you get used to that within' 35-40 minutes. It's really very overblown. Chapters are set up in really good handheld bites of game with tons of stuff to do and all kinds of crazy crap and the funniest character interaction i've seen in awhile. It's a love letter to how weird games are and what we accept as commonplace in them. If you don't get this may hobos poke you endlessly with their bindles.

Kingdom Hearts I'm not a Kingdom Hearts fan persay. I've never played any of the titles myself even though i've cruised through a few lets plays of other ones to see what all the hype was about and left really confused. Bought this for my daughter because she loves disney and played the demo on her 3DS all 30 times. During a lull I decided to give it a shot and while the story is really kinda convoluted and doesn't make much sense to someone just jumping in (which is purely my fault and I don't expect it to) the combat is really stupid sorts of fun. Lots of menus with little explanation which is kinda a shame in this day and age but if you ever lived through the SNES rpg era you'll figure it out. Same with the drop system, after the first time you wont make a mistake again since they give you enough options to slow it down or halt it.

Resident Evil: R

Alteisen posted:

This was a mistake, Revelations is nothing like that pandering piece of poo poo that RE6 was, RE also has an A team and B team and the B team handled Revelations, probably why it ended up being so drat good, it actually feels like a horror game and raid mode is way better than mercs.

This guy knows the score. I cheerlead for this game a lot but it really is the prettiest game on the system with the sharpest use of 3D and is just an all around pretty solid horror title and a really good Resident Evil title. Much in the vein of the first batch with gameplay elements of 4. Also yes, I played Raid Mode far more than I ever played Mercenaries with the exception of 4s. Also, as someone else on this board put, it has Romanian Barry Burton and Hipster Conan O'Brian. How can you not be curious about that?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Here's a system transfer question I'm not aware of ever been asked around here before: when you transfer to another 3DS do you lose your current Friend Code and associated friends, or does it do the sensible thing and transfer those as well?

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Laser Spider posted:

By any chance, did you ever play Metroid Prime Hunters? I played a whole bunch of that years ago and I barely had any trouble with KI:U's controls.

I did play Metroid Prime Hunters and enjoyed it, but if I'm remembering correctly in Hunters it's more traditional FPS controls for left/right camera movement, meaning you move the crosshair over to the side and the screen eventually moves with you, whereas in Kid Icarus: Uprising you have to lift the stylus and drag the camera view to rotate left/right.

I think Metroid was a bit easier to control in that way, but I see why they did what they did in Uprising because it'd just be too slow otherwise in the 3rd person setting. Hunters was pretty good, and I wouldn't mind another one of those instead of the side-scrolling Metroid.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I think KH3D's drop system would have been slightly more tolerable if, when you let yourself drop during a boss fight, it didn't get all its HP back. The game keeps track of your HP value (which caused me to die a lot when I dropped and forgot I was almost dead with the other guy), so it should keep track of bosses too. Alternatively, turn off the drop meter during bosses.

Basically, just make it so when you drop it's only annoying, without also erasing progress and adding an extra layer of lovely design.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Saoshyant posted:

Here's a system transfer question I'm not aware of ever been asked around here before: when you transfer to another 3DS do you lose your current Friend Code and associated friends, or does it do the sensible thing and transfer those as well?

That stuff transfers over as well.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

I think KH3D's drop system would have been slightly more tolerable if, when you let yourself drop during a boss fight, it didn't get all its HP back. The game keeps track of your HP value (which caused me to die a lot when I dropped and forgot I was almost dead with the other guy), so it should keep track of bosses too. Alternatively, turn off the drop meter during bosses.

Basically, just make it so when you drop it's only annoying, without also erasing progress and adding an extra layer of lovely design.

I had thought they were gonna patch this out of the JP version and remove it from the international release but they didn't which was baffling!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Maybe I really should check out Kid Icarus. I just can never find handheld games locally for less than full price, and a full price 3DS game here is almost the same as a console game. KH 3D... I'd have to wait to get it cheap.

I still dunno about RE Revelations, I know it's supposed to be much better than RE6, but even the earlier games are hard for me to play these days. For a while it looked like Dead Space was gonna take over where RE4 stopped (happy medium between RE3, RE5) but that looks like it's moving more towards action too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

I still dunno about RE Revelations, I know it's supposed to be much better than RE6, but even the earlier games are hard for me to play these days. For a while it looked like Dead Space was gonna take over where RE4 stopped (happy medium between RE3, RE5) but that looks like it's moving more towards action too.

It plays just like RE4 what with the one control stick stop n' shoot stuff. So if you can still do a run through RE4 you're gold.

Also yes you should get Kid Icarus and i'd even recommend it at full price because it's surprisingly lengthy. Just when you think you're about done you just began.

• Locked thread