Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kaubocks posted:

Awesome, thanks. I swung by the nearest Source but apparently they had a sale going on SD cards so I ended up leaving with a microSD, hence the question. Good to know I can use it. Heck, it's actually more convenient for me because I already have a microSD-to-USB adapter for my computer that doesn't have any SD slots on it.

Also while I was there I saw they had a copy of Kid Icarus up for sale as well for $25. The box had a couple of nicks on it but I bought it anyway, expecting it to be used. I opened it up during my commute though and it turns out it's brand spankin' new-- still in plastic wrap with a stand and everything! :buddy:

Now I just need to get new 3DS styluses because I lost mine.

I grabbed Kid Icarus today and it's awesome so far, what a crazy game. Let's be friends and battle each other! I tried a random online battle and got stomped with my early-game equipment. My code is 4098-4646-0443 if you wanna add me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kid Icarus MP is insanely good, especially light vs dark. I'll have to fish out my friend code.

Kaubocks posted:

Now I just need to get new 3DS styluses because I lost mine.
XL? I bought these after my niece lost mine and they're really good: http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Retractable-Compatible-Nintendo-3DS-XL/dp/B009MJWM92/
They're like proportionally larger versions of original 3DS extendostylus, extends about 2 inches longer than the stock XL stylus.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

homeless snail posted:

Kid Icarus MP is insanely good, especially light vs dark. I'll have to fish out my friend code.

XL? I bought these after my niece lost mine and they're really good: http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Retractable-Compatible-Nintendo-3DS-XL/dp/B009MJWM92/
They're like proportionally larger versions of original 3DS extendostylus, extends about 2 inches longer than the stock XL stylus.
Ooh, yes, those look nice. I'll look into getting me some of those, thanks!

goferchan posted:

I grabbed Kid Icarus today and it's awesome so far, what a crazy game. Let's be friends and battle each other! I tried a random online battle and got stomped with my early-game equipment. My code is 4098-4646-0443 if you wanna add me
At work right now but I'll slam my friend code in your face at my earliest convenience~

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nintendo comic-con's Smash 3DS tournament with a surprise and maybe other announcements starting in five minutes: http://www.twitch.tv/Nintendo

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

I'd love to get back into Kid Icarus multiplayer if people are interested.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
I would also love to get wrecked play Kid Icarus multiplayer with some goons :unsmith:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Add my code posted above & post yours then!!

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

A sound in the distance whispers from a gentle voice saying price match and it echoes onward forever.

Heh Walmart did do it. At first the associate was like uhh we don't do that even though I showed him the corporate policy. The guy was so defensive that they don't do it. So I asked for a manager. The manager came and was "yeah give it to him, I've seen the ad."

So I got. Bravely default and zelda for 43.xx.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I have a question that I'm expecting the answer is "no" but I figured I'd ask anyway:

As I mentioned earlier, I bought a microSD card that came with an SD adapter for my 3DS to replace my stock 4GB SD card. I'd now like to start the process of bringing my data over. Let's say hypothetically that, while I do have a microSD-to-USB adapter, I don't have a SD slot on my computer nor a SD-to-USB adapter. I can get files off of my computer onto the new microSD just fine, it's the "getting the original data off the SD" that's the problem. Do I have any options outside of going out to buy a SD-to-USB adapter?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kaubocks posted:

I have a question that I'm expecting the answer is "no" but I figured I'd ask anyway:

As I mentioned earlier, I bought a microSD card that came with an SD adapter for my 3DS to replace my stock 4GB SD card. I'd now like to start the process of bringing my data over. Let's say hypothetically that, while I do have a microSD-to-USB adapter, I don't have a SD slot on my computer nor a SD-to-USB adapter. I can get files off of my computer onto the new microSD just fine, it's the "getting the original data off the SD" that's the problem. Do I have any options outside of going out to buy a SD-to-USB adapter?

Not unless you have a digital camera or something kicking about. Or a homebrew'd Wii you can load the FTP server onto and pull files that way. You should probably just go and grab a cheap $5 card reader and be done with it, though.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh man Kid Icarus is amazing, I never want this game to end. How does the stand work that came with the game at some point? I'm honestly not having much trouble with the controls, especially after turning the sensitivity up (shout-out to the people in this thread who have recommended that before) -- maybe it helps that I'm using a big, pen-sized stylus but now that I'm getting used to them the controls are honestly really accurate and it feels like they provide more speed and precision than I could get from using 2 analog sticks. The whole spiel about "it's like spinning a globe" in the tutorials was pretty important to take to heart, too.

To be honest, I was hooked the moment I saw the Smash Bros-style menu and options screen, everything since then has just been making it better and better-- Sakurai's influence really, really shows in this game and it makes me want to pick up Kirby next since it's basically guaranteed to be brimming with weird extra poo poo to discover and unlock. All of y'all who posted about being interested in getting back into the multiplayer had better follow through; I'm getting my rear end kicked in public matches and I'd like to at least get my rear end kicked by people who can gloat about it over me on the forums afterwards. I'm on the Thanatos chapter right now (maybe 6?) -- I remember hearing when it came out that the game has, like, a deceptively long story mode; is that true? Considering that right now I could probably kill the next hour or two just playing the first couple chapters over and over on higher intensities that makes me really, really happy. Haven't gotten this much joy from a game in a while and it's served as a reminder that Nintendo can still put out some seriously good poo poo.

P.S. -- what's with the weapon combos I can't fuse that just show up as "?" -- the fusion options have certain abilities highlighted like the normally accessible ones do so I assume they're doable somehow, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious at this point or if it's just something that's gonna reveal itself naturally later in the game

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So Kirby Triple Deluxe is cool and all, but does Kirby Fighters really only allow you to use two abilities over download play or do you have to unlock the others somehow? If so that's total horseshit.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

raditts posted:

So Kirby Triple Deluxe is cool and all, but does Kirby Fighters really only allow you to use two abilities over download play or do you have to unlock the others somehow? If so that's total horseshit.

Sorry, but they're stuck with those two abilities.

goferchan posted:

P.S. -- what's with the weapon combos I can't fuse that just show up as "?" -- the fusion options have certain abilities highlighted like the normally accessible ones do so I assume they're doable somehow, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something obvious at this point or if it's just something that's gonna reveal itself naturally later in the game

You're trying to fuse a weapon you don't have access to yet. You'll unlock those by either completing some of the treasure hunts, or just going through with the game.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Uprising ends at chapter 9, but chapter 9 is pretty long and it's satisfying. There's a lot of side content to do to.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Kid icurus uprising has a decent size sp but your getting towards the end of the game. However add in the replay value that you get with the intensity meter and the fun mp, kiu is probably the best game on the system as long as you are not a left handed mutant or have the weakest wrists in the world (which the stand is there to deal with but its trash).

Stravinsky fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 26, 2014

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Don't know where you read the "deceptively long story mode", but it's really not true. It's really my only complaint, but it's really fun anyway, SO.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: I am bad at reading.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jul 26, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Are there any games for the 3DS aside from smash bros scheduled to show up at comic-con? I can't think of any upcoming releases for the system aside from it and Persona and I don't think Persona is a Comic-con type game.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jul 26, 2014

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Whatever there's like 25 chapters its fun who cares no one is playing for the deep plot and twists and turns

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Uprising ends at chapter 9, but chapter 9 is pretty long and it's satisfying. There's a lot of side content to do to.

Yeah quite a lot of side content after the game eends

Edit

^^^^^^ man don't spoil it everyone was in silent agreement that we were gonna pretend the game was short

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Sephiroth kills aerith, there's more levels after you think you beaten super Mario 3d world, rune factory 4 has like 3 campaigns or main storylines, your parents lied about unconditionally loving you.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Rosebud was his sled.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Nothing in Mass Effect matters, just go to Home Depot and pick your favorite color swatch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Honestly just going 'yeah there's 9 chapters. NINE. did you get that we said nine chapters, because there's nine chapters, which there are nine of, nine is the number of chapters which exist in this game, the game that is called Kid Icarus: Uprising, has nine chapters. NINE! Chapters.' like Mojo Jojo is dumb and stupid and probably tips people off that there's more game than that to begin with.

Just go 'yeah the game's a decent length.' without giggling into your hands.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
I'm thinking about picking up SMT IV since its on sale at Gamestop for $20 and was just looking to get a couple opinions on it. I played Nocturne a ton back in the day and really liked it. How does IV stand up to it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

I'm thinking about picking up SMT IV since its on sale at Gamestop for $20 and was just looking to get a couple opinions on it. I played Nocturne a ton back in the day and really liked it. How does IV stand up to it?

It's better in some ways, worse in others. The interface and such have seen a significant improvement but the visuals are a bit of a downgrade (it's a handheld system) and the plot is a lot more 'generic SMT.'

It's completely worth it for $20 though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Plot is a lot worse and pretty uninteresting in general if you've played any amount of SMT, but the gameplay is pretty good and avoids some of the problems Nocturne had.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's pretty good. There are lots of quality of life improvement compared to Nocturne, although SMT:IV probably isn't as good of a game now as Nocturne was when it was released, if that makes any sense.

Definitely worth picking up though, especially for $20.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Honestly just going 'yeah there's 9 chapters. NINE. did you get that we said nine chapters, because there's nine chapters, which there are nine of, nine is the number of chapters which exist in this game, the game that is called Kid Icarus: Uprising, has nine chapters. NINE! Chapters.' like Mojo Jojo is dumb and stupid and probably tips people off that there's more game than that to begin with.

Just go 'yeah the game's a decent length.' without giggling into your hands.

Well when someone asks for numbers felt like giving one.

Went pretty well in the LP subforum awhile back. Also chapter 9 is pretty long.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The game came out a few years ago, pretty sure you don't really need to hide it at this point, and even then, just don't go into so much detail about it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dr. Fetus posted:

The game came out a few years ago, pretty sure you don't really need to hide it at this point, and even then, just don't go into so much detail about it.

Man I just found out it came out 2 years ago

It doesn't feel 2 years old at all :negative:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I only just got it today so it's all new to me. :(

Also RE: KI MP, my friend code is 0044-2979-5523.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

My Friend Code is 1177-7245-4088. I'm adding everyone who recently posted for some rad Kid Icarus funtimes

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I sort of want to join in on these Uprising shenanigans, but due to timezones, I don't really see the point. It would end up like Mario Kart 8 where I have to play at midnight or not at all.

That said, best 3DS online multiplayer game. Holy poo poo at the sheer level of customization it entails. There are what, 12 different weapon types, on top of that the varying strength in ranged and melee, and with the almost endless potential combinations of stat modifiers, the chances of any two people having exactly the same weapon are almost impossible. At the very least, it would take several days worth of time and effort and a bunch of luck for people to make the same weapon.

And then there is the powers, meaning even if you manage to have the same weapon, you could still have entirely different power sets. Want super accurate ranged attacks that can shoot through walls? Doable. Want to be really fast on your feet and spam mega lasers everywhere? Doable. Want to get up close and personal and inflict other people with status conditions? More than doable.

Fine, guess i'll add my FC just in case. 5455-9413-0634

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 26, 2014

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Friend Code is 5343-8830-8033

Count me in for some Kid Icarus

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

That was fun but now it's lunchtime, hopefully Light Team will be fine without me (I was Eve).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I made a room if anyone wants to join up!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I picked up Devil Survivor: Overclocked the other day because it was on sale. Having fun with it so far, but I have a couple questions.

At the beginning of the game, the game says the characters just finished their second year of high school, but in their profiles it says they're 17. Does Japan start high school later, or something? I would think second years would be 16... unless it's one of those "the localization made them older to make it less creepy" kind of deals.

Other question, can you only get more demons through the Auction? (Or fusing them, I suppose, but I don't have that option yet.) The first battle I had the option to "contract" with demons, but that hasn't shown up since.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Japan does start high school later, meaning that it's only three years long. I find it funny that they assume that the people playing already know that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
17 is a normal age for a Japanese student finishing their second year of high school.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Japan does start high school later, meaning that it's only three years long. I find it funny that they assume that the people playing already know that.

To be fair, it'd be awkward for the translators to shoehorn in a 'AS YOU KNOW, IN JAPAN THE SCHOOL SYSTEM WORKS...' line.

• Locked thread