Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
My DSi is on its last leg and I'm thinking about trading it in to get a 3ds xl. Is now the time to do that, or should I wait a few months for another XL bundle to be released? Around the holidays they were pairing games with the price of it and now those bundles are really expensive. Are we going to see a price drop in the next few months? Or is it more likely that they will be bundling another game combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

AngryCaterpillar posted:

There are always going to be other game bundles. But it depends on you. Would you likely want whatever the game was? Is the potential saving worth waiting a couple of months? How important is it to save money versus having the XL now? There's no comparison between the DSi and XL, and I think the XL is a pretty good price already.

Not really in too much of a rush, I just wanted to cash in my trade in value for the DSi before it breaks. I figured there would be a universal price drop soon since they started releasing bundles.

I'm guessing homebrew is still out of the question?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I have a 3dsxl and I'm thinking of getting one for my wife for christmas. Is there some way to transfer our downloaded games like Animal Crossing onto her ds instead of mine? Is it possible to share games between the two 3ds's?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Awesome! posted:

You can transfer poo poo with the system transfer which wipes the original 3ds. You can't share games unless they are physical carts.

So if I wanted to be a total poo poo heel I could get my wife the Zelda 3dsxl bundle, do a system transfer to it. Then use the online code to redeem zelda on my non limited edition lovely blue 3dsxl?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So I heard that some 3ds xl's will be going for 150 this black friday. Is there any way the Zelda 3ds xl bundle will drop the price to follow suit?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So did target retract it's $150 3ds xl for black friday? I can't seem to find anything on it now and it looks like the sites that posted those ads don't have it anymore.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

noirstronaut posted:

It could just be them trying to keep it a secret.

To pull an ad that previously had and no longer have it up on black friday places?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I just got out of target. Got zelda xl bu
ndle for 149.99. I just wanted to clarify because of all the 170 and 150 back and forth.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

glassyalabolas posted:

You lucked out. NoA tweeted saying it should be only $50 off

Weird right? I didnt even have to argue. It rang up on price checker and at the register. Go forth and buy thread.

And they may be located at a different part of the store so keep your eyes out and maybe ask the front employee.

I was at the end of the line but grabbed the last zelda one and the only thing left was a single pink one.

No idea of the inventory at the othwr hot locations.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

poo poo man, run before the other Black Friday shoppers finds out. They'll try to strike a claim to your gold with a mining pick to your skull!

Saw one guy holding 5 different ds's while his daughter picked which one she wanted. Other people were hoarding different colors as well.

That said the apple shoppers were the worst. I had to cut through the apple line to get to another part of electronics and there was nothing but icy stares and an old asain guy grabbed my sleeve and wouldnt let go until I told him I had no interest in ipods.

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 29, 2013

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Rexroom posted:

If this blog post (in Japanese) is any indication, Neverland - the company behind Rune Factories - just went bankrupt.

Is that going to have an impact on the price and availability of Rune Factory 4?

Philosopher King fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 30, 2013

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Ragequit posted:

Best Buy ended up matching Toys R' Us for me. They were all out of Y even though I called in advance so they let me have X for $19.99. After grabbing Fire Emblem Awakening for $15 less than a week ago, I am pretty happy with Best Buy at the moment!

Makes me feel sad at how much I've dumped on BB in the past.

They too let me pick up Y for 19.99 but didn't make me buy any other games.

They would not let me have x instead.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So do MP Island Tour and Mario Kart 7 have any kind of local play across 1 cart? Am I limited by not having 2 carts between 2 ds's?

Also where can a person find a hori screen protector in stores?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So I'm trying to decide on either getting Bravery Default or Rune Factory 4. I know they aren't really comparable but I'm mostly interested in lasting value and something you can pick up and put down during a lunch break

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Where and when was bd on sale for 29?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Both have lasting value, though Run Factory is definitely the better lunch break game.

Fair warning though, its hyper anime.

Anime aside is it solid for replay as well? Are there time constraint bullshits like In harvest moon where you can't possivly win the contest this year?

More than 1 save file?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Alteisen posted:

3 save files, no constraints, game has a TON of poo poo to do as well.

Sold. Thanks for the advice guys. Figure this will be something the wife will enjoy more as well.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Thanks guys for the Rune Factory 4 recommendation. My wife has outright stolen it from me in less than 1 car trip. Has this game ever been asked in the "what I should know before playing this game"?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
What is the cheapest way to pick up the Phoenix wright games and play through that series? It's a shame the Iphone collection never made it to android. I guess some companies just hate printing money. Any other plans to release a collection in the future? Do I need to play the previous phoenix games to get everything going on in the new game?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So I want to order Mario Golf from amazon but I don't want to pay shipping. So I'm looking for a game for my wife that will occupy her time while she lays around the house all 8 1/2 months pregnant.

She loves the grindy crap of doing everything from Animal Crossing and has all but stolen my copy of Rune Factory 4. What other game is out there that she might like? She's played all of the layton games except the newest one. I'd usually know this kind of stuff but I haven't looked at new and upcoming releases in a long time.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the new kirby game?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I am rigidly against paying sales tax or shipping when I don't have to to the point I'd rather recycle that money into buying another product.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So is the demo for mario golf coming at midnight or at some later time tomorrow?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Still no sign of mario golf. I was really hoping to try the demo in my lunch break.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Are we going to need a thread for mario golf? With all the tournaments and stuff I wouldn't be surprised if some goons got pretty competitive with it.

What would we call such a thread anyway?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Is triple delux going to use that bullshit touchpad controls like the other kirby ds games had? I know I have a 3ds but the least appealing thing about it is using the stylus to move.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So I was able to pick up Project X Zone awhile ago for about 10 bucks. I don't know if that is a good deal or not.

Anyway, What is the deal behind this game? I know people mention it every now and again but I don't know how to put it in perspective. I tried the demo when it was first released but didn't want to pick it up until it was on sale.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Why did it take forever to get a sequel to Golden Sun and why did it suck so hard when it finally came out? I doubt the franchise will be able to recover since they basically torched every great storytelling quality from the first game for a timeskip with lovely protagonists.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Alteisen posted:

I'd more interested in Mario Gold if they had the old RPG mode.

But it doesn't so they don't get a sale from me.

What was the old rpg mode like?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So my wife loves mario and platformers and stuff and she has played neither Super Mario Land 2 nor Warioland 2. Which one is more fun?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Has anyone played the new One Piece game and is it fun or what? I've never actually played any of them but my we started watching it recently so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I just finished the skypia arc but im not afraid of spoilers. Is the game good overall?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Sorry if this has been asked but will the new 3ds finally let me play all those drat snes and n64 games i should be able to play but cant on my current 3ds?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So what is the deal with phoenix wright? Wasnt the new game coming out in december?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
The trilogy for 3ds in america.

• Locked thread