Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Some good news about Project X Zone it will likely not have any content cut for the western release so that's neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Chinook posted:

I know we don't want to clog the OP too much, but I have found some pretty interesting DS (not 3DS) games using this wiki post:
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

I know it's /v/, so there's that, but it's not a bad little reference.

That's actually not a bad site for recommendations in general.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Joramun posted:

Better look at the multiplayer palette swaps for LM2:

Missed their chance for a Waluigi palette.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey, I'm about to go pick up an XL tomorrow at Target and I was wondering how long a system transfer would take on a public wi-fi network like one from a McDonalds. I've heard it takes 40 minutes; is that about right?

Take it home and just do it in comfort of your own couch. Unless you want the comfort of a McDouble or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Vince Videogames posted:

Hey, so I'm still willing to sell my Luigi's Mansion code as well if there's someone interested.

We're going to do some ghost bustin' today right Vince?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Len posted:

How long is Luigi's Mansion? It's getting good reviews but so did the Gamecube version and that was criminally short. I don't really want to drop $40 on a new game just to have it be an afternoon of play time.

When the Kotaku review came out, the dude who reviewed it said he was only on the "third stage/mansion/whatever" and he was at 8 hours by that point. The game has a good length to it and the mission structure it has now is really good for 20-30 minute chunks at a time. It really works well while I'm also playing through Bioshock Infinite.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/bravely-default-flying-fairy-will-be-localized-for-the-west/

Allegedly we are going to be getting Bravely Default in the west.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

Now this is interesting. Did this end up being any good?

I only know Famitsu gave it a 38/40 and called it "a supreme game" or something like that.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm going to be really mad if the Animal Crossing XL bundle comes out in the states. I assumed we would never get it because it being Animal Crossing and all why would a bundle even come out here.

But I should have figured if the Fire Emblem and Pikachu 3DS' came out why wouldn't this one.

Guess I could sell the XL I just bought and upgrade up to the AC one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oh dang. Guess I'm selling my brand new XL for the AC XL bundle.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I'm so mad that they decided it would be cool to have a Year of Luigi XL also because now I'm conflicted between the Animal Crossing one and the Luigi one.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does Animal Crossing NL have the usual holidays? As in is Christmas called Christmas in the game? I'm sure it was I'm the Game cube one but for Wild World it wasn't called Christmas.

It's not big deal just curious about it (and heck I might be completely wrong)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

robot roll call posted:

Real holidays are back. There are apparently going to be differences between regions too so if you know anyone in Japan you can go do their holidays.

Oh my good New Leaf is the best Animal Crossing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

RebBrownies posted:

Did anyone play Resident Evil Revelations? I just got a DS, and I'm trying to build a library. I am a fan of the series, but I didn't know if it translated well onto the DS.

It's a better game than Resident Evil 6. It's probably the closest to "scary" that Resident Evil has gotten to in a while.

It's very good.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

They better release the Luigi XL in the US, I'm passing on the AC one in the hopes that they do.

If the Animal Crossing one made it out here in the states I have no doubt that the Luigi one will do the same.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

The new Adventure Time game looks pretty fun, especially if you got some friends to play with but the Regular Show one looks really blah.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Minidust posted:

What exactly do StreetPasses do in Mario 3D Land? I have 3/3 right now. I'm not seeing any obvious prompt on the map or menu or anything.

You get some of those cube room things. More large gold coins if you do them.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If Nintendo ever drops the price of the 2DS to $100 I think people would be insane not to get one by then. Don't think it would ever happen though.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

So my partner bought me a regular 3DS for Christmas and with some Christmas money I plan on getting some games tomorrow. She already bought me New Leaf so I'm good there but I'm conflicted between Tales of the Abyss, Curtain Call, Fantasy Life, and Bravely Default.

For right now I plan on buying 2 new games. Abyss is actually the lowest on my list since I can find it for $20 anywhere and I've already played it before. Fantasy Life is interesting because it looks really cute but am I correct in thinking it's similar to Animal Crossing/Harvest Moon? Do I have to keep up with things in FL daily like I would in New Leaf or can I just play in small doses whenever. I've heard it's not a fun game if you treat it as a full blown "let me play for 10+ hours" RPG.

Which is kinda why right now I'm leaning towards Bravely Default + Fantasy Life. I might have actually decided what I wanted from this post :downs:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

SeANMcBAY posted:

Fantasy Life is not really like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon at all. It's more of a cute grindy single player MMO that you can play as much as you want, whenever you want. It doesn't use the system clock.

Oh wow really? I always thought it was like AC somehow. That sounds awesome I think I'll get it :3:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

Fantasy Life is just grinding. If your fantasy is grinding, that's Fantasy Life. Curtain Call is a rhythm–ish game. It uses some weird patterns for rhythm, but it is just that – a rhythm game. Tales of Abyss and Bravely Default are both actual games, however.

If anything, you should avoid all four and get 3D Land because it is GOTY 20xx.

Already have 3D Land + World :getin:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

Get Bravely Default

Is it worth my time playing that demo on the eshop? Is it still on the eshop at all?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Just found out I can be a pirate in Bravely Default so I already know I'm getting it tomorrow. Thanks all :)

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

If anything, you should avoid all four and get 3D Land because it is GOTY 20xx.

Update on that , didn't realize the B2G1 on used games at Gamestop was also in store so I bought all three games :kheldragar:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

I played it on Xbox 360 and found it quite good. If you like GTA but felt it needed more retro gaming references, you'll like it.

So, I picked up Dark Witch Chronicle at the eShop today. Pretty decent Mega Man style game with an odd powerup mechanic. I guess it was worth the price.

Also bought Liberation Maiden on the Christmas sale. Haven't tried it yet, but the premise of the female president of Japan getting into a mech suit to save the country sounded so much like a spiritual successor to Metal Wolf Chaos that I had to get it. And Suda 51's behind it so hopefully it's good?

Liberation Maiden is good enough to finish once.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Here's something I'm bothered by, why are the New 3DS faceplates only for the regular size one :(

This is such a good faceplate but I don't want the smaller screens.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

homeless snail posted:

It makes me angry how insanely good the Kyary faceplates are. I would almost consider downgrading to a non XL for faceplates but that's crazy, right?

I'm 50/50 on it because the bigger screens are so much better and the larger DS is a lot better to hold but I want my DS to look cute also :(

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

jivjov posted:

Agreed. Was there ever any official reason given for the smaller size being the only one to get plates? I guess they're banking on more people buying the smaller system because its cheaper, but these can't be that expensive to manufacture, why not just do both lines?

I'm kinda sorta hoping that by the time they come out in the US, Nintendo gets around to making XL sized plates.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

goferchan posted:

I thought the faceplate on the New 3DS involved a mechanism that actually pops the stock faceplate out so you can replace it that the New XL doesn't have -- I don't think it's something they can just start manufacturing for New XLs.

Then I guess I'll go this route then.

noirstronaut posted:

I mean, it's pretty easy to replace the shell of an XL if you know how to use a screwdriver. There's not much stopping some 3rd party from making dope faceplates aside from crippling legal fees.

I'm sure custom ones will come out soon enough.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Necronomoticon posted:

is there a decent idea when the new 3ds will be released in the god-fearing USA, or is everything out there baseless speculation?

Don't see much reason for Nintendo not to release it here.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Sizone posted:

The gently caress do you manage 400+ hours in loving animal crossing? I've done, like, 90 in Fallout 3, over multiple playthroughs. Jobs, girlfriends, school, something, get something in your life other than animal crossing.

I put like 300 hours in New Vegas.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Decided to pop in Zelda: OOT again and start over. Good god, I forgot how pretty they made this game for the 3DS. Now I can't loving wait for Majora's Mask. Which make sme wan't to put this down and fire up MM on my WiiU.

Speaking of Zelda, I was looking on Zelda Dungeon and on the list of games on the top I saw a placeholder for "Zelda 3DS". Is there going to be another Zelda for the 3DS? I don't really keep up with this stuff.

Aside from Majora's Mask there probably might be another Zelda game sure.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Does anyone happen to have a spare Smash 3DS code? I don't care for Mewtwo but I do want that CD.

:downs:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Tomorrow Nintendo will announce Dragon Quest VII for 3DS will be released in North America.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Jesus christ ahahah

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Bring back Camp Hyrule Nintendo please.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Apparently nintendo is giving out codes soon for a steam world dig demo, which should at the very least supplant some of the monster hunter codechat

Lol
Project Steam

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Louisgod posted:

So I haven't seen very many impressions on how well the 3D tracking works, which is the only reason I'd jump on the new system since it doesn't really offer much else. What's the verdict?

Seems like people who have been against 3D now say they keep it on almost all the time because it works so much better now.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Anora posted:

Has anyone seen any N3DS displays at stores, or are there some pre-order bonuses anywhere? I have seen nothing about this system locally.

Also when does Picross E6 come out, I need me some more Picross.

Went to Gamestop this morning and they had the New 3DS demo up with the Majoras Mask demo. According to the dude there they put their demos up early but the "official date" is this Sunday.

Check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

STEAM is pretty cool but I wish they sped up the alien movement speed a little bit. Sitting around waiting for them kinda kills the flow but it's nothing major.

• Locked thread