Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

BadAstronaut posted:

Anyone own both a DSi-XL and a 3DS XL? How do they compare in size and weight?

3dsxl is slightly less wide (DSIXL has like, slanted edges that make it bigger)
3Dsxl is about the same depth, perhaps a couple of mill shorter (again, iXL has slanted side)
3dsxl is perhaps 1mm thinner, but i'd say its the same.
Weight feels about the same, 3ds being perhaps a touch heavier but not really noticable.

Looking at them both sat it, it looks like the dsixl is bigger, but I think its mostly down to the shape of the shell.

So yeah, I'd say any size/weight diff is minute at best. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Just got Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars and I know nothing about it.

Any basic advice I should know? I've always been more of a Fire Emblem girl but apparently this is similar though?

My favorite 3DS game, I think. I always dump every point possible into banshee because she really is a murder machine. Plus if you keep pumping points into her, you can keep upgrading her knife enough that she'll almost always be able to one-shot enemies. Theres usually a mission or two where she isn't able to, but then after the mission you'll be able to give her 2 more and shes back to stabbing like a pro. :)

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

I really wish they made a Pikachu XL that had a black interior and flipped the Pikachu image.

This sounded great in theory, they could even have the cameras as the eyes!

:stonk: No no no bad idea...

Purple Gengar edition on the other hand...

:allears:

:effort:

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Man I'm pretty stoked for the new Yoshi! I think I'm among the few who loved Yoshis Story. I will say though, I kinda wish they would pick an art style rather than mixing the two. But I'm sure they're have it looking alot better in the coming months, I think part of it is that you don't get the "natural 3d antialiasing" or whatever. Perhaps they'll pull a Zelda and throw on regular AA in 2d mode?

Who knows, either way, the stuff they announced is really great. Of course, now I want a Wii U just for Yoshi Yarn. :)

• Locked thread