Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
What's the best kind of deal on the XL I can get in Canada? Paper Mario, 3d land, Luigi's mansion, and Fire Emblem are the games I'm looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I've only had my 3ds for two days and I've gotten 15 street passes so far. Vancouver is a great place for them apparently.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Finally got around to playing the Fire Emblem demo..my god. This is the game. This is my new FFTA2.

I really loved the FFTA on the GBA and I just ordered A2 on a whim. What's the consensus on it?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Taking a look at this little offer:

http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-xl-promo/

I can't for the life of me seem to get my log in to work - anyone else having issues? I have a 3DS XL and just bought Luigi's Mansion 2 today, really itching to redeem the freebie.

Edit: Ah christ, I got a feeling it's a US only offer, and because I am Australian I can feel free to eat poo poo. drat.

When did you register the 3ds? Did you see the "Nintendo 3DS XL hardware registered on or after 2/14/13 will qualify for this offer."?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Is Fire Emblem still super hard to find? Ran across a copy in a Gamestop, but seeing Amazon also stocks them. Did it get a second print?

It is for me, every retailer seems to not have it in. Anyone know of copies around Vancouver?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I got my reversible pouch from club nintendo today and its sickkkk.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Karthe posted:

Does it fit an XL?

It fits my 3dsxl nicely.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah, I ended up beating it by liberally using Rescue like letting Chrom get a hit in, take a hit, then rescuing him to the back of the column going up the middle hill. I ended up letting Maribelle eat it, and I assume it ends differently if you save her. Decided I would just live with what happens since I'm playing Classic (I did reset once when I sent a mage into a battle with no attacks and the starting axe dude died because of my stupidity though). I'll see what happens if you save her if I do a second playthrough.

What does suck is that I can't tell why some people can't use stuff. I have what I believe is an upgraded thunder spell, but the Avatar character (I guess he defaults to Robin in every game) can't use it despite having a basic thunder spell. I also loaded every character down with Heal before realizing that only Lissa can use it so far :thumbsup:.

e: None of this poo poo is spoilers, by the way, only three hours in. I'm still getting tutorial hints. But yeah, I'll take any more specific FE stuff to that thread if (when) I have more problems :shobon:.

The little mage staff/book/axe/whatevers at the bottom of every character's stat screen tell you what each character can use and their proficiency with each weapon type. You cant use an A level book if your dude only has C level book proficiency or no book, for example. Try tapping every stat on the bottom screen, it will tell you almost everything you need to know.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Wow gently caress the 10 street pass limit on mii plaza. I could have got hundreds of streetpasses instead of merely dozens today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Mercury Crusader posted:

I bought Super Paper Mario hoping that it was going to have some decent platforming along with the Paper Mario aesthetic. Turns out that it didn't have much platforming at all. Or RPG elements. It was really weird.

Sticker Star is an adventure game. A really weird and frustrating one.

• Locked thread