Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Just preordered the Fire Emblem 3DS; what're the best screen protectors for the thing cause I don't want to scratch the top screen? Bonus points for being available B&M or at a place with free shipping.

edit: I know about the hori protector but I couldn't find one with the conditions above

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

cobalt impurity posted:

Hori really is the go-to brand for screen protectors. It's eligible for free shipping so if you can find something else to buy to push you over $25 that would be the best deal. As of this post they're even on sale for $7.19. Failing that, you'll have to look around for a brick-and-mortar that sells them in your area.

Looks like Wal-mart stocks it at a reasonable price and does free ship-to-store, and conveniently there's one right next to the local Gamestop.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Somebody post up pics of them 3DS XL bundles that Europe is getting.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Famous TV Dad posted:

Can't watch the stream since I'm at work but if they are unifying accounts does that mean games purchased will finally be account bound instead of system bound?

Wii U purchases are system bound despite the fact so probably not

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is the screen size the same between the new and old 3dsxl? Gonna preemptively buy some screen protectors if that's the case.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Is there any way to get the $100 trade in promo using my old 3DSXL to pre-order the MH4U bundle, while still being able to do a system transfer? When I went to Gamestop this morning they claimed it was impossible since it was an online-only thing.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Alteisen posted:

Tried the MH demo again, when you guys said lock on I figured it was a traditional lock on that tracks, this doesn't, at the very least it rotates the camera, but I still find myself struggling with the controls and wrestling with the camera to much. Then again if it did have a tracking lock on then I figure that would remove "challenge" as I guess your character moving with the grace of a paraplegic elephant is par for the course for this series.

Have you ever played one of the monhun clones that have true lock on? It's actually way more of a hindrance than it is helpful

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Funkmaster General posted:

Gamestop has more Monster Hunter LEs for preorder, as of like 4 hours ago, but you have to order them in store. The guy told me they had more Zelda ones, too. Got my MH one locked in, but I'd move fast for either, especially the Zelda one.

Just went to the local store and they're out of MH ones again.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

Did you ask about the Majora's Mask one?

whats majoras mask

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

TollTheHounds posted:

I want to love MH, and want that New 3DS one, but previous games have just left me kind of...meh....about it. It should tick off all the boxes for games I like but I think I just found it too slow? I mean, I get that if I'm fighting a big dragon or whatever then sure it'll take awhile and you have to play smart/tactical. I once spent an HOUR trying to kill one of the very first monster quests, spending the entire time in one area, killing all 4 poo poo mobs + quest monster because all of them aggro'd me at the same time and I had to spend 99% of my time dodging/blocking and slowly whittling them all down.

Is that the way it goes with every MH? Does it suck super bad until you start really upgrading your weapons? Or am I missing a skill/this game is just not for me?

Also, this thread is the best, past 2 pages were fantastic, 5 stars.

Were you trying to kill the Lagi that they explicitly told you not to fight and run away from cause lol if so

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://www.gamestop.com//nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-new-3ds-xl-monster-hunter-4-ultimate-edition-gamestop-exclusive/119889

MH n3ds back up for pre-order

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Louisgod posted:

Even the videos are boring to me so you're a better person than I. I really liked and enjoyed PSO ep. 1 and 2 when it first came out and MH isn't TOO unlike that game but everything about it is a slog.

IMO, PSO is at its best when you're facing down waves of increasingly ludicrous and assholely enemies, but manage to persevere. MH is at its best when you're facing down a boss that constantly barrages you with ludicrous and rear end in a top hat attacks, but manage to persevere.

Like idk picture the first time you fought Gal Gryphon in PSO and imagine a game where all you do is fight bosses like that.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

quote:

Weekend delivery

GameStop.com does not ship, nor are deliveries made, on weekends. Weekend days should not be considered when calculating your delivery date.

welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
an hour after X/Y released and nobody knew what they were doing some poor kid wonder traded me his nicknamed bulbasaur. naturally i declined when he tried to trade it back

• Locked thread