Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So what's the deal with the Circle Pro Plus or whatever the gently caress they call it? Y'know, the second analogue stick attachment that was a thing for like two games ever and then was apparently forgotten about. Is there a version of it that fits the XL? Will I ever have to worry about the 3DSi XLite coming out and having a second circle pad built in? Or has it been abandoned entirely for being too good/convenient of an idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

For the amount of flak I see the idea getting, I think this is a pretty cool idea. In all honesty, portability isn't a huge concern to me since I don't play video games in public anymore, and it's cheap enough that I could justify snagging one on my shoestring budget without feeling too bad about wasting money. The DS was probably my favorite console ever, and I don't see myself getting a next generation system anyway, so this might be just what I need as a 20 something who's feeling just a bit left out by the modern state of gaming. Cool!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I'm hideously tempted to swoop on that Zelda 3DS XL bundle through Target, but I'd wreck my budget until the New Year if I did. I don't know what to do but I really want to play the new Zelda. :smith:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Very last one at Target. :smug:

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Dunno if this is too :filez: for this thread (and if so I'll delete this post), but are flashcarts a thing yet on the 3DS? I absolutely adored my DS flashcart back in the day for letting me do things like play Sonic 2 while taking a dump.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So I'm probably gonna pick up a few games after crushing Zelda in like two days flat. Games I'd be interested in would be like: Fire Emblem, Bravely Default, Monster Hunter, and of course the Mario Kart/Pokemon/Animal Crossing trio. Maybe Phoenix Wright. gently caress, since when were there so many games I cared about on 3DS? Anyway, what would you guys suggest?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

uPen posted:

Phoenix Wright and Fire Emblem are both great. Monster Hunter I'd cautiously suggest, it's a great multiplayer game with the multiplayer stripped out of the 3DS version.

Wait, there's no multiplayer in MH3DS? I know you could do ad hoc multiplayer on the PSP games, so what gives?

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Calaveron posted:

The 3DS version by itself can't go online, so for multiplayer you either need to play with other buddies in the same room who also own copies of the game or get a WiiU, download a special tunneling application, and play through there, but at that point you might as well buy the WiiU version to play in HD and with non-crap camera controls.

That would also require me to buy a WiiU. :ssh:

limaCAT posted:

Try hard mode.
:getin:

Seriously, try hard mode. You begin to appreciate the fact you have to be always on your toes, exploit the possibility of exploring everything before going into dungeons and get all those sparse heart shards and all the enemies + environments combo they put.

Upgraded Arrow + Upgraded Flame Wand may be the :black101:est combo, but you still can't kill everyone there by abusing that.

All the upgraded wands are actually really good. Fire and Ice are obviously good, but Wind is a huge AoE knockback and Earth is an almost instant line stun. I'll probably play more Zelda (gotta 100% first, then onto Hero mode), but it doesn't look like it's gonna last much longer than an extra week tops.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Dec 1, 2013

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Is there a Red Mail in LBW? If there isn't one, then I definitely 100%ed it. If there is--which is what you'd expect, right?--I have no idea where it could be.

There is, but I have no idea where it is. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Just when I was about to cave and buy Smash Bros, the eShop goes down. :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread