Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I wouldn't be surprised if they waited until after the WW HD release to put out Majora's Mask 3D. They said they were also making an original 3DS Zelda title and probably don't want to flood the market by releasing Zelda games back to back to back (though I'd buy them all :ohdear:).

Also Miyamoto wasn't talking about a LttP-style game so much as an actual remake of LttP. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jan 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

If you don't want to bother with Justice for All or Apollo Justice there are some really good synopses here. Personally I'd recommend playing playing JFA, at least over AJ. While JFA may have the single circus case it's pretty good otherwise and has a fantastic fourth case, while AJ is just plain boring throughout. You don't need to play AJ to play or enjoy Dual Destinies, which is by far the better game.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'm afraid this has nothing to do with pants, but does anyone know if that 20% off Nintendo eshop cards sale that Best Buy was doing is still going on? I can't find anything on the Best Buy website.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Thanks!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

So I bought the regular sized 3DS before the XL came out and now I'm thinking of upgrading. Any suggestions on how I should go about that? I was hoping to trade in my old 3DS for store credit to go to the purchase of an XL, but I also want to be able to do a system transfer before I give it away. Of course, if Best Buy or Target has a really good deal, would it be much of a hassle to sell my old 3DS on Amazon or eBay after I get the XL? And how much credit/money can I expect to get from my old 3DS? I'm in the US if that helps.

(apologies if this would go better in C&D)

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

AlmightyBob posted:

Pretty sure it just gets added to your download list like every other club game.

It says here you get a download code.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I really enjoyed FFIII DS when I played back when it first came out, I think mostly because of the Job System. That gave you a lot of things to try out and play around with, and gave you the ability to tailor your party to your play-style. I also liked how the world kept expanding and opening up, so that once you thought you'd reached the end there was more to explore.

I haven't played it in years though, so I don't know if I'd have the same opinion.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

If I was super rich I’d buy a new 3DS every week just to watch the System Transfer Pikmin move my data. :3:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I just got an XL as well, and I've been loving it. Haven't played any of my old DS games on it yet, but I want to see how they look.

Pivo posted:

You can run them at the game's native resolution if you want, I think you have to hold select and start as the game starts up. It looks better IMO.

Oh, that's good to know. I'm pretty sure my old 3DS's screen was slightly smaller than my DS Lite's screen, so it'll be nice to play around with the resolution.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Davincie posted:

Does the 3ds not automatically change the time with summer time?

It didn't for me, I had to reset it manually.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Okimin posted:

Do they have any plans to make a 2d metroid for the 3ds anytime soon?

Not that I've heard of. The Metroid team went silent after Other M.

Though I doubt the entire franchise would just get discontinued, it's worth noting it's a series way more popular in the West than in Japan. Nintendo probably doesn't really know what to do with it after Other M flopped.

Though I wish, and would love to be proven wrong.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

...or a 3D one for that matter. Prime would be awesome on 3ds.

They have it already, it's called Metroid Prime Hunters.

The level design is really nice, but the gameplay is a bit lackluster.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It's also not fun to play and should be ignored alongside Other M as a game no one should play ever.

I think it's very unfair to compare Hunters to Other M. Hunters didn't ruin anyone's character, and was at worst forgettable.

DrPaper posted:

Rock dude was the best. It's a shame we'll never seen any of the Hunters again, not even in Smash :(

Sylux was a trophy in Brawl.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Louisgod posted:

The setting issue makes sense but regardless, if the series has performed consistently and has that built in userbase then it's a no brainer to bring the new iteration over. Throw in a sudden story arch that Phoenix had to return to his home planet of Japan or something.

It's not even Phoenix, it's his ancestor. Just open the story with Nick going "Did I ever tell you about my great grandfather, who went to Japan to practice law?" and they can keep the rest intact.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

It really will be Metroid Dread, but Nintendo will gently caress it up somehow.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Healbot posted:

Codename S.T.E.A.M? Think I heard that one before.

It's Half-Life 3! Valve is bringing Steam to 3DS!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

RadicalR posted:

But when your signing team are underpaid teens, things like these will happen...

If any underpaid teen could print a label out, that hardly lends credence to this rumor. Why couldn't some bored staffer just make up his own label to mess with the internet?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I beat Kid Icarus: Uprising after getting it on recommendation of this thread and the Smash Bros thread. It's got great gameplay, plus the music and writing is fantastic. Also because I didn't follow this thread too closely I wasn't spoiled that it had more than nine chapters.

gently caress getting all the achievements, though (I'm gonna try anyway :negative:).

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

TWEWY is one of the few games I actually took the time to 100%, it was so good. It'll never get a sequel though, because it's more profitable to churn out Final Fantasy XLII-12: Lighting Is My Waifu than go back to TWEWY.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

I got locked out of 100% completion on TWEWY because of some stupid clothing-related thing. Also Panthera Cantus can go gently caress itself.

Eh, you can't get locked out of anything on TWEWY? But the second part is correct, to this day I do not know how I beat him on ultimate.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

"New 3DS" works in Japanese since they're not going to confuse it with "atarashī 3DS." It works just like a regular name should.

They really do need to change it for the English speaking world.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Average Bear posted:

A50VHLDN1WNRK5TA
A05V1E10NRGJMC64
A05VTRDTG07AQJEG

Finally got these codes :)

Are these Europe only? Either that or someone ganked them without posting

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Siva68 posted:

I don't have plat or anything, so these codes are first come first serve. Please just say if you take em. Enjoy the smash brothers demo!

A05V2JYD0M0DD8E9

A05V6YV62FMG3F6R

A05VAU4W25L28XGT

these went fast :stare:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kid Icarus owns and I'm sorry you losers didn't buy the physical release with 3DS stand. I've had zero problems.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Doggboat posted:

I bought an eshop card in a shop today. Turns out it's expired! And I bet all cards in the store expired.
I sent an email to nintendo support. Do they handle that, or do I have to get another (probably expired) code from the store?

Huh, I didn't even know eShop cards could expire. I'll have to be sure to check that next time I get an eShop card.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

kater posted:

The Smash demo is impressive. loving thing manages to have worse controls than Kid Icarus. The circle pad is so loving bad. And the shoulders. And all the other buttons. Even the start button is a piece of poo poo. I'm not certain the original 3ds was designed to play games on. I'd rather it was 100% touch screen controls than what the game defaults to.

Didn't they say they were releasing a gamecube controller adapter?

you can remap controls in the full game

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kaleidoscope posted:

Well this is disappointing.

What should I do here? Contact support and see if they'll give me a code?

A lot of people are getting that. I'd say wait and see if it gets fixed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

My MacBook doesn't have an SD slot but most printers do and can function as an SD card reader for your Mac or PC.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Save scumming in Ace Attorney is a time honored tradition. :colbert:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

They should make Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. Maybe call it something like Super Smash Bros. For 3DS.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

mabels big day posted:

i made that groose mii

Congrats on your big day, Mabel.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

OoT3D looks super pretty, and the gameplay has had major improvements over the original. Also it's got a bonus Master Quest that I really enjoyed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Ragequit posted:

You all should instead sell me on Chrono Trigger DS. Is it worth the $25 from Amazon? Absolutely loved it on the SNES and I hear the DS version has some quality of life improvements and an arena.

I loved Crono Trigger DS, it's the same great game with a couple new areas to explore (however the related quests mostly involve running back and forth, and aren't important to the plot) which can give you some cool new equipment. The best part is probably the improved translation and a new alternate ending.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Also Crono doesn't drink "soup" in Ten Million BC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

You can buy OoT on the eShop.

• Locked thread