Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I'm still waiting for a (pretty much guaranteed to never happen) Purple XL. I do kinda feel like at least "upgrading" my blue 3DS to a Purple one even if its still a normal 3DS. I'll probably just resort to a Purple shell case for an XL if new colors are made and one's at least decent (not counting Special Editions).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

The Hunter

New colors, a Fire Emblem XL, and Inazuma Eleven 3 as a 3DS game. Dammit NoE! :argh:

...and here I am, still waiting for the impossible Purple XL (which may get a Waluigi Emblem slapped on it [personally] if it happens). It'd also be nice if in lieu of not releasing the IE games in the US at all yt, we could get Inazuma Eleven 1/2/3 Legend of Mamoru Endou/Mark Evans and then get the Go games afterwards.

What? A guy can hope, can't he?

Oh well. At least I can easily get behind this Year of Luigi business. Oh yeah, and a release date for New Leaf.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

PonchAxis posted:

I mean I'm from Mexico so I know its actually Football, but was just asking a general question. And that is lame, those games look neat and I always wanted to try them out.

You can still import EU Inazuma Eleven 1 & 2 since those are just DS Games, but for EU IE 3 and the Go games (sequel series, 10 years after IE 3's ending, currently Japan Only), we're out of luck.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

I'm fine with my standard 3DS until Nintendo decides to make a Purple XL. Well, that, or if the eventual Pokemon X/Y XLs look nice. Hell, I'd probably have a Midnight Purple 3DS if I didn't get the used Ambassador one I got using SA-Mart.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Quidnose posted:

You realize you can buy the Midnight purple one and transfer your Ambassador certificate to that system and have both, right? :retrogames:

Well, of course I could, but I'm not gonna upgrade my 3DS TWICE when I could just need to do it once. :v:

Seriously, I'm cool with the Aqua Blue one I have, but would love to upgrade to a Purple XL. Also, the fact that I'm not made of :retrogames:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

limaCAT posted:

Luigi and Waluigi dream team. :colbert:

Now just make a Royal Purple XL with Waluigi's upside down L Emblem and we're golden.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Blinkman987 posted:

I didn't work on Vs. System, but I have many co-workers and friends who did and we, uh, well we all learned a lot from it.

Fans just want to be Wolverine. Let them be Wolverine.

Fakeedit: I just remembered Dave's recent piece for Wizards - http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/ld/224

"While we want hidden gems, it's also important that thematically what our players want to be good is good. Before I worked here at Wizards, I'd led development for years on a TCG about superheroes. I assure you, it wasn't satisfying when responding to the question, "Who's the best character card in your game? Is it Superman, Batman, Wolverine, or The Hulk?" with the timid answer, "Well, possibly Ahmed Samsarra or maybe Dr. Light."

Man, you're bringing back some memories for me. I still have my old Curve Aerial Supremacy X-Men deck somewhere around here. But, more than Enemy of my Enemy, I want to punch the collective minds that essentially allowed GLEE (Green Lantern/Emerald Enemies) Decks to be A Thing. I should probably go get a copy of the VS System game to re-live the Marvel side at least. A bit sad there wasn't a way to do a full Marvel/DC VS System game instead of just a Marvel one, but considering the companies, I can easily understand why it couldn't happen.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Beard Yawn posted:

Crossposting from the video game deals megathread:

Get on this if you're in the US. And buy Weapon Shop de Omasse when you do.

Or Inazuma Eleven. In fact, that's what I'm gonna do once the deal happens. :v:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I guess I feel bad for the UK folks on this, but on the other hand, they already got the Inazuma Eleven games back when they were first released, so unless this compilation adds some extra content or whatever they should be able to hunt those down maybe? Definitely not ideal, though.

The only real differences were pretty much the Character Portraits being redone to be closer to the anime, and the addition of 3D for the Special Techniques. In addition to the redone dub for the International 3DS release. The JPN 3DS release was just all 6 versions of IE 1-3 on one Game Card IIRC with the redone portraits and added 3D. At least, I don't think Level 5 added anything else for the 3DS Port.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Renegret posted:

I don't care how they do it, I want a new Metroid game god dammit.

You really shouldn't say THAT. Watch us get another Other M because of that.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Renegret posted:

I want a new Prime :colbert:

We don't talk about Other M.

Hey, you did say "Metroid Game".

But yeah, I wouldn't want another Other M to happen.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Gutcruncher posted:

Ok Im sold whens it coming to America

Going by Inazuma Eleven's example...I'd say about four more years to keep in line with IE's five year gap between JPN -> US release.

I'm still hoping that we can get the rest of the IE games here in a somewhat reasonable time frame, but I still wouldn't be surprised if nothing comes of it. (Which it likely won't. :negative:)

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Capcom is doing a "Mega May" thing where they're finally releasing all the Game Boy MM games over the course of the month, starting with MM Xtreme because it topped some fan poll.

And I would have sworn we'd be getting Quintum/Rockman World 5/Mega Man V first. At least we're getting it regardless, but this will, of course, do nothing for the value of Physical copies. Curse my collector's urges! :argh: Still surprised that Xtreme actually won the poll for the first Mega May release.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

On a completely unrelated note, we've got English Screenshots for Inazuma Eleven Go, which is apparently coming out in the EU on June 13 in two versions, Light and Shadow. Thanks to these, we now know the international names for two key characters. Our main protagonist Tenma is now Arion Sherwind and Tsurugi is now Victor Blade. The organization Fifth Sector is still Fifth Sector, and I think that's all we know name-wise.

Meanwhile, in the US, we're still waiting on Inazuma Eleven 2. Well, I am at least. drat you 3DS Region Lock... :negative:

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Igiari posted:

Yeah, the trailer made me less excited that Robin and Lucina are in Smash as much as it annoyed me that Captain Falcon isn't in FE.

It makes me think that they should make Super Smash Tactics. Plays like Super Robot Wars, but with the art style of Fire Emblem Awakening.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Ragequit posted:

If I have visited every room in the dungeon streetpass game, can I no longer get the random hats? My most recent run provided nothing. Do I have to buy the other 2 games to get the rest of the items?

If you mean Find Mii, you still have Find Mii II to go through. But if you mean Find Mii II, there are certain rooms that you get hats in when you go through them multiple times. I think it takes at least 10 playthroughs to get all the hats from it. And that's knowing which rooms give multiple hats and knowing the exact paths to take multiple times.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

John Lee posted:

Cute > strong, sorry to have to break it to you.

Don't forget that he's going to kill himself tomorrow. Why give a code to a dead man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

The Hunter

Callick posted:

Holy poo poo those were gone in less than 30 seconds.

They've pretty much always gone that fast. Not much that can be done about that.

• Locked thread