Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Unoriginal posted:

Regarding the Soul Hackers bonus, does anyone know if the "participating retails" are only the list of a handful on the site? 'Cause I have some Best Buy credit I'd like to use but would prefer to get the soundtrack.

Just Amazon and Gamestop, from what I have read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I literally didn't buy a single 3DS game in 2012 after reading impressions for stuff I was initially excited for :/ looking forward to Etrian Odyssey 4 until the Internet tells me why it's bad

If you don't mind me asking, what were the games you were excited for that you skipped? The internet can be a cruel place, and while lots of people can rip into a game, another large batch of people may love it and just not be as vocal.

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Laser Spider posted:

Several other games are going to be on sale over the next few weeks as well. This was announced during the Nintendo Direct that they did on February 14th.

There's an entire thread for eShop stuff over here.

Oh, sweet! I'll probably end up picking up all of these. I hope Nintendo keeps this up, because I might end up just waiting for a sale to buy everything now. Steam has me trained. :colbert:

Edit: Also, Fry's doesn't include the pre-order bonus with Soul Hackers, does it? I enjoy savings, but I also enjoy soundtrack CDs.

geeksauce fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 25, 2013

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Dehry posted:

If it's like code of princess, they should all come with the bonus. I really don't care about it myself and would have bought it Digital, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

http://www.atlus.com/soulhackers/purchase.html
The site is a little vague. Some sites are reporting "all first copies," while others are saying "at participating retailers."
I think I'm going to chance it to save seven bucks, and if it's not bundled... Oh, well. As Turnip said, it is only six songs.

Edit: Now the question is to buy MH3U with the $14 I saved switching from Amazon, or save my money. Decisions, decisions...

geeksauce fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 25, 2013

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Dehry posted:

I guess no one's brought the news over here, but Devil Survivor 2 : Break Code is a thing now.

Sweet! Glad I haven't opened my copy of DS2 yet. Might try to sell it in the future.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/03/02/report-devil-survivor-2-break-code-announced-has-new-story-content/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeksauce
Mar 1, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

I think everyone's aware that Atlus keeps iterating their SMT games at least once. My point is that, especially with the speed some of those remakes are coming along now, people will smarten up to it.

Atlus is so weird about reprints and such that I just went ahead and bought it, in case a 3DS version was never announced. Amazon had it for $20, so my logic was grab it, leave it unopened, and if it gets announced sell it (the first one on DS is still going for $40 or $50); if no announcement comes, open it and enjoy. No having to search high and low for it at a good price later.

However, with companies like Capcom, I just skip the first release and wait for Ultimate/Super/AE/Ver.20XX.

• Locked thread