Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Japanese title literally translates to "Good People Die". Virtue's Last Reward is death. I'm sorry for the spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEV-RZONXXE

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mikeycp posted:

I know they're in completely different genre, but I'm trying to decide between getting Fire Emblem and Mario Golf. I know I like both, so I'm not sure which to go with. Help?

Mario Golf has cool online stuff that will be the most fun now as more people are playing the game, so grab that. There's a thread for goon tournaments.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Any good ideas for Shovel Knight pun for a thread title?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Shovel Knight: Shovel is life, digging is hometown.

Okay yea, used this one. Shovel Knight thread!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's 3-4 maybe if you're good, more like 6-8 for regular humans. And yea, there's a generous helping of extra stuff and it's replayable.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I'd be ecstatic if there was a good version of Rayman 2 for the 3DS, but it looks like one we got is something of a mess.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

How does the 3DS deal with save games anyway?

Cartridge games are saved on the cartridge. Downloaded games save to the SD card, in the same place as the game. There's a function called "Save Data Backup" where you can grab the save data out of a downloaded game and keep it in a different space on the card. This lets you delete a game and keep the save data for whenever you download it again. Like everything Nintendo and tech these days it's convoluted and should be better but it's adequate.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It sounds to me like Bravely Default just took its NG+ mode and made it part of the story. Kind of weird but whatever.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Countdown to the point when you realize you aren't at all clever or funny and you just wasted 35 bucks.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

canoshiz posted:

Does anyone know if Fry's price matches BOGO deals?

Definitely not. Most places don't, but I was able to get it matched at WalMart, but I think that's largely because they give cashiers a lot of leeway with this sort of thing.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Any idea what the best deal going on a 3DS XL is?

Refurbished, direct from Nintendo

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Japan does start high school later, meaning that it's only three years long. I find it funny that they assume that the people playing already know that.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ehh, Bravely Default is great but it's obviously the developer's first stab at something new, while EO IV and FE:A have years of experience in them. EO IV is a bit more hardcore, so play that if you want a challenge, while FE:A is only as stressful as you make it. FE:A has a lot of story if you're into something like that but it's not going to blow you away just with that stuff, while EO IV only has a basic story that gets out of the way and lets you enjoy the mood. I personally like EO IV's approach better but again, that's up to you.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
There's also a creepy old man who makes sexy clothing and gets worked up about it with Ringabel, and the super anime AR opening that is designed to let you be skeevy as hell. It's super anime in a bad way. It's never you shouldn't buy it bad, but it's kind of disappointing.

Terper posted:

This is so completely untrue it's ridiculous.
Ringabel loves the ladies, sure, but he never demeans them or acts chauvanistic, he just flirts with them. The guy who DOES do that is treated on the same level as a man who killed hundreds of thousands of soldiers with poison gas.

While I agree that it's not a huge problem, but Ringabel is still a creep.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Look at these delicious jelly doughnuts.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kiranamos posted:

How could anyone think Hypernova in Kirby Triple Deluxe is good? It gets old after the first time you use it.

Last world spoilers: The level where you do nothing but Hypernova for the whole thing is kind of a drag but it's an excellent palate cleanser in the rest of the game. It's easy but the controls feel good and it can be very funny.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I just learned today that in Mii Force you can change the direction you're aiming with L and R. I've gone from hating the game to actually kind of liking it? The hell is this poo poo.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Also, it's going to be upside down when open.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I put a "also plays on 2ds" sticker on my XL

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

Because it's not a problem?? :confused:

I'm not sure why the other way would be all that worse for you. If you want to look at it when it's closed just hold it with the camera up. The only time it matters which way it's held is when it's open, so why not make it face the right way?

You might have noticed that the top surface of laptops faced the user about fifteen years ago, but over the past decade they've turned them around. It's another way Nintendo is kind of behind everyone else.

Gutcruncher posted:

I covered my DSlite with Rhythm Heaven stickers therefore my lite is the best lite eventhough the screens are kinda jacked.

Stickers are awesome.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

Or Nintendo is sticking to their guns because they realize everyone else is wrong. :smug:

Resistive touchscreens in tyool 2014.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

It's pretty good, but it tends to cause framedrops during battles.

You can see how they didn't have the processing power to render feet.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think Bravely Default does the same thing, except instead of just having the feet disappear there's little tiny feet on the bottom of their stub legs. It's a similar processing savings because there's no ankles, but it doesn't look as weird.

Honestly though, the no feet thing is Awakening is so weird that I kind of can't imagine the game without it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm really really curious how the C-button feels in practice. It might suck but it also might be really nice?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Regy Rusty posted:

Faced with absolutely insane things happening he'll just be like "Luke my boy, there's always a logical explanation."

A logical explanation that makes less sense than magic or ghosts.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RyokoTK posted:

The one thing I failed to mention earlier is that the ending is terrible. It's, actually, really really bad. Not the last trial (which is mostly fine), but the actual conclusion to the story is just a bunch of bullshit.

So it is a Layton game!!

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Hat Thoughts posted:

Posting in here just to keep the atmosphere up, just to keep it cheerful.

Here is a happy song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yybGF4PmaRo

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I legit love the controls of KIU and wish more games felt this right.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Oh god, why do I know that? :psyduck:

Because Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is loving awesome.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

That there's a good reason doesn't make it hurt less.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I'd gladly sacrifice the 2DS if it meant we got the regular sized New 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cake Attack posted:

im just surprised there are people who actually don't prefer the xl

I prefer the xl over the original, but the new 3ds is actually a bit bigger than the original which seems like a sweet spot. Also, faceplates!

• Locked thread