Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Eddain posted:

I preordered the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle and have a few questions since I haven't owned a Nintendo handheld since the GB Color.

1) My friend used to tell me about his wifi issues with his DS. The 3DS supports WPA now right? Or will I still have to do some wifi fuckery to get things working?

2) 3 hours of battery sounds very little for a handheld. Are there any recommended extended battery packs I could get?

1) Yes, WPA is supported, but not for regular DS games.

2) The Nyko battery pack seemed to work reasonably well with the original model, though I don't recommend you use the charging cradle if you sleep nearby and aren't 4 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

I see the gold flag one but no Mario/Luigi indication.

I think it only appears after beating all the special worlds or maybe getting all the star coins?

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Is Camelot doing anything right now?

Mario Golf: World Tour, which if the tennis game was any indication won't have any RPG elements in it at all.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

The 2DS is tempting, if only for the Start, Select, and Home buttons being sensible again.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Kingtheninja posted:

Can I friend my buddy's mii if he's using a WiiU and I have a 3DS? We're trying to do that at the moment and having a little trouble.

No, they're separate, at least for now.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Convexed posted:

Hmm, I have £15 of credit on the PAL eShop and I can't find anything compelling to buy.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'm not limited to genres at all - just hoping for a hidden gem.

I think Mighty Switch Force fits that, though I'd favor the Wii U version.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Color Printer posted:

At least Ice Climbers, Balloon Fighter, Mario and Yoshi, and Super C do.

Huh, I had to manually search for Ice Climber to update my ambassador version, but yeah, it's definitely there. Weird, I figured they would've made a bigger deal of it.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

I have a friend with a Japanese name and ねこや shows up fine. I have an NA 3DS, by the way.

For whatever reason, generation IV Pokémon games outside Korea didn't have Korean script compatibility. I thought it was a fluke, but in light of the symptoms you're seeing maybe there's some sort of policy to not internationalize to Korea?

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

pichupal posted:

It's sort of amazing that they had no ideas for a year, Miyamoto didn't like a 20 year old idea, they argue, and then they have a prototype in one day.

I like how they didn't see the irony that a 20 year old game idea was later remade into a remake of a 20 year old game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Looks like Miiverse update is coming on Monday.

• Locked thread