Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Hey, I've come in the way of some funds and I was thinking of getting another game to play on my 3DS, so I was wondering if people could give me an idea of how Azran Legacy and A Link Between Worlds stack up. My favourite game back on the DS was Unwound Future so I'm really inclined to get another Layton game, but I could also go for something with a little more replay value than my current line up (Pokemon X, Super Mario 3D Land (I am apparently the only person in the world who didn't like this), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies) so that's where Zelda's coming in. I'm a big fan of both series, so I'm really just looking for reasons not to get one over the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Krazyface posted:

What's a decent price for the 3DS XL in Australia? Most of the deals available at the moment are $250 AUSD for the machine, a starter pack, and a terrible game I'll never play. Does it get significantly cheaper during sales?

I should probably note that I haven't owned any Nintendo product since the Gameboy Advance, so I'll probably end up buying a bunch of DS games when I get the 3DS. Also that I don't mind waiting.

About a week after Christmas when I got mine the best deal I could find was $240, down from like $260 I think. Maybe wait until Smash gets a release date and see if places don't end up doing bundles?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Donny can be very good if you go through all the second seal and master seal stuff.

Maxed out he's one of the most powerful characters in the game IIRC.

e: and his kid will be even buffer so imagine the possibilities.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

kurona_bright posted:

I finished Awakening recently, and currently am trying to max out all supports. What's the quickest way to do so?

The DLCs with all the conversations have a bunch of glittery squares I think, non-DLC option is get a bunch of reeking boxes and just take dudes into a map two at a time.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Did they end up sending any codes to Australians or did NoE dick us over.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm afraid this Seagoon is now out of free Smash codes for aussies :homebrew:. Seagull got my last one.

I can confirm Seagoon's a cool dude.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I would've broken Seagoon's number had I not cashed in on the 3D World soundtrack, so I guess it might be current number of stars you have?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Startyde posted:

Since the 'real' demo is limited use, do you think it will be a little more opened up wrt roster/play modes?

Probably not, it'll most likely just be a carbon copy of the Japanese limited use one except in other languages.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

YggiDee posted:

I meant more why you can't ask for codes in there but you can still ask for them here.

No one has posted a penis here yet.

JordanKai posted:

They weren't very nice dicks.

Trust me I saw both of them and am also an expert on dong.

Gonna have to agree.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Smash for 3DS controls beautifully unless you're some kind of troglodyte who refuses to learn a new way to hold a controller.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Are these the same people who literally tear theirs off the system playing Smash Bros?

:colbert:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Today I played Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Holy poo poo my wrist.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Crawfish posted:

So these are going to be a thing in Europe come November...

Holy poo poo do I miss my transparent purple GameBoy.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Why on Earth do Nintendo suddenly not despise us any more? :psyduck:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I think we get like 200 per game?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ChaosArgate posted:

The GBA stuff ran in a backassed compatibility mode that disabled everything except the system call to bring the system out of GBA mode

So Smash Bros.?

Got some questions on system transfers and SD cards and junk.

1. should I do a system transfer then swap SD cards?
2. do we know if there's an upper limit on the size of micro SDs for the New 3DS?
3. any particular brands I should be wary of?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
how much did you pay for that piece of plastic

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
it was too much

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

noirstronaut posted:

Why this discussion is even happening is my question. We could be talking about the 3DS hacking scene exploding.

Will I be able to play Super Metroid on the New Nintendo Three Dual Screen.

e: extra large

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I thought official limit was 32 GB since that's the turnover point for XC?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Dehry posted:

Data mining shows placeholders for one more game according to several sites. There's still the unresolved issue of the mystery idol, so maybe it will be a new region.

Pokemon XD remake on Wii U.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
that's exactly the kind of dumb poo poo i need to up my game

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Smash Bros. doesn't take a straight minute to load and 3D becomes relevant because it actually functions. Downloads are also way loving faster and you'll eventually be able to play Xenoblade I guess.

So if these things don't matter to you don't bother and just grab the regular one. If you intend to download a lot of your games I'd recommend it though, having downloaded things with both it's loving mind boggling that they limited the regular one's speed so much.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I'm looking at the 3D on mine sideways right now.

e: to clarify, the upper limit on angle to the normal would be about thirty degrees since outside of that the camera has trouble seeing you and hence adjusting itself.

Seagull fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 14, 2015

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Sega Saturn theme with Super Sonic Racing BGM!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cl6b9wfiVI

is this meant to be a reference to that sega anime

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Lurian posted:

Hey, goons!

A buddy of mine and I really want to play this Monster Hunter 4 demo. He was able to snag a code but I'm still looking. Would anyone mind PM'ing me an extra code you may have or shoot me an email to kelwynshadedotcom@gmail.com

I can hook you up with a free steam game or something.

Are you in Australia?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kurtofan posted:

according to the wiki Frederick's an Oifey, whatever that means.

it means that when he levels up he'll actually get better sometimes as opposed to never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Kaleidoscope posted:

Before the sale ends, Yoshi's New Island ain't worth $30 right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vo3RG5i4WY

• Locked thread