Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Dehry posted:

Seconding this. The nyko power pak is $10 and drastically improves battery life. There's supposed to be a newer model that's even better called the power grip pro.

The power grip pro has been cancel a while back. :(

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nyko-no-longer-releasing-the-power-grip-pro/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Well, Nintendo send out new puzzle pieces for Streetpass. It's Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Just when I am about to finish one, a new one appears!

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Nintendo release a new Puzzle Swap piece for the US. It's Brain Age: Concentration Training.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Not too sure if this has been answer or not... If I buy some DLC, like Fire Emblem: Awakening, will I get coins for Club Nintendo?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

lol internet. posted:

Do we have a Mario Kart 7 community by any chance? I wasn't able to find a thread specifically for the game.

The community is LLJK Cup - 54-2153-7224-1440, however it seem like noone has been on it for a while. The rankings reseted to 0.

SgtKirby fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 21, 2013

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

I sent Miyamoto to the Mii Maker and now he's gone from Mii Plaza. Is there any way to get him back, or am I forever Miyamotoless?? :(

You lost him forever unless, by some miracle, you streetpass/spotpass him again. :(

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Oh, I don't have the wireless thing yet, I just bought the game today. How far do I have to get?

Also gamestop doesn't even sell Zero Escape :|

Can I still do that thing to get spotpass at home?

Just finish Chapter 4 and it will unlock.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
If you been waiting for lower price for 999 or VLR...Aksys Games is have a 20% off sale on their official store. It will expired on April 30th. Just type: AKSYSTAXBREAK during checkout.

http://store.aksysgames.com/

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

Didn't it later come out that the Resident Evil game had a reset after all?

If you talking about Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, the Japanese got a re-release version that allow more than one save file and start new game.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Awesome! posted:

Am I like the only one who always has the slider at max? I really enjoy the 3d effect and it doesn't seem to give me a headache at all even after like 6 hours of monster hunter. Guess I'm just lucky in that.

I played all my games max as well, but with every game that I bought, my eyes had to get used to 3D for day. It will hurt my eyes a bit. After that, I can play it with no problems. Not too sure anyone else has this problem as well.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

I picked up Liberation Maiden because it was on sale and it's pretty awesome, short but sweet. But holy poo poo does my hand hurt. If this is any indication of how Kid Icarus plays I'm not even going to bother playing it.

Yes, but it comes with a stand making the game less hurtful with your hands. You WILL have to play with the stand because how much action you will be doing with 3DS

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Looks like Level5 is teasing another new game. If you click it enough time, you will end up finding a magnifying glass. Click on the keyhole and you will see something.

http://level5ia.com/beyondthedoor/

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

DrManiac posted:

So how many points are non-retail eshop games worth on club nintendo? I'm only 25 coins away from platinum and I was thinking about Sakura Samurai.

Here a list for eligible Nintendo Coins stuff.
https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

It seem like Sakura Samurai is only 5 coin.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Even though Project X Zone is already release in the US, we are still getting that 2nd demo on July 2. I don't know why are they release this 2nd demo so late.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/27/get-ready-for-a-second-project-x-zone-demo/

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
I was playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on Chapter 23 and for some reason the cutscene for it was in Japanese instead of English dub. I know it was set in English... Did my game glitch on me?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Today, I went out to 2 Nintendo Zone location and I came home with no hits.... Either I was the first one to those locations or it hasn't been set to do so yet. I was more surprise with the other location because it was right next to Gamestop store.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
I have been wondering.... Those new streetpass games, does it require the other person to actually own those games or you can use their Miis right away?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Does the ArtBook that comes with SMT4 spoils anything major?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
We got finally a release date for Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies. It will be October 24th for $29.99 / €24.99!!!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/17/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-dual-destinies-has-a-release-date

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Ursine Asylum posted:

If anyone's interested, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is on sale on the eStore for $20 until Sunday.

I may actually cave in and buy it. I fairly enjoy Monster Hunter demo, but could never beat the 2nd boss. I got very close though.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

NofrikinfuN posted:

I recently ordered a 3DS for my wife and had a question. She seems interested in the AR features, but I'm not sure the 3DS I ordered will come with the pack-in cards. (Like New, Amazon Warehouse)

I was wondering if some of the AR centric games are worth a look, Spirit Camera in particular. I've read its only a couple hours long, but it looks like about the best use of AR I've come across. Would it be a decent buy for $8-10?

I say yes for around that price, but you will need two things...

1. Desk Lamp with good lighting for the book because for some reason, its the only way to get the book detect certain things. My friend gave me his copy because of this reason. Could not get it working.
2. A chair that turn 360. You will be looking everywhere, including behind you, and chair made that game more fun.

The game can be complete in afternoon, if you can dedicate a day for it. Post-game, there small stuff that are fun (but it will not hold for long) like mini-games, missions, haunted house simulator, 2 extra costume (one of them will be extreme hard to get), and there is a AR Stage where you can poses with the main character/ghosts and take pictures. Its a nice AR Tech demo of what the system can do.

Also, the game barely scare me, but that just me and playing the main Fatal Frame games. If this your first game, I suggest grab extra/another better game because it will not hold on for long. The game logs tell me that I spend 11 hours on it.

SgtKirby fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 24, 2013

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Looks like we have a new Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 7 a.m. PT/ 10 a.m. Eastern. It will be talking about new details for 3DS and WiiU games that coming out later on this year.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Senran Kagura Brust is going to be release on November 14th for $29.99. I thought this will be bit more expensive because it has 2 games in 1.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Starting tomorrow, for NA, there be sales on Eshop for the next few weeks. This week is starting with Legend of Zelda games. Looks like the following weeks will be Megaman, Mario, and Donkey Kong.

http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

rear end Catchcum posted:

If i go into the store will his cc info be there? if i buy stuff with my cc will he be able to get that info at all?

Yes, if it's saved. Nope, it is tied to the system, plus if you save your CC info, it ask you to make a password for that info to prevent "accident" purchase. And it has a 3 strike system where it delete that info if you got the password wrong and you have to reenter your CC info again.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Renegret posted:

Enough of this derail.

Let's talk about SMT4 again.

(:smug:)

e: Real post:

I'm at the point where I have to choose to kill Lilith or join her. About how far until the end of the game am I? It's been a great game so far but I'd love to finish it just so I can move on to Zelda.

You are about mid point of the game, maybe 65%. Unless you are like me and try to do every single side quest as you can, you have a long road ahead.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
Youtube App is now available in North America.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

uggy posted:

Any special deals out right now for registering a new 3ds xl? I know there is a special deal in the uk right now, but is there anything for the us?

There was special offer several months ago when you registering XL with Luigi Mansion: Dark Moon and some pokemon game you can get to download 1 of 5 games. This deal is already over. As of right now, there is none.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
By the way, how long is dlc episode for Phoenix Wright? Is it a full blown case like the main game?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Louisgod posted:

Yes, buy the Hori screen protector and if you can, put small rubber bumpers on the top part of the screen to give it a bit more cushion, assuming you'll be carrying the XL in your pocket. I used small rubber bumpers that came with a router, otherwise you can find fairly small ones at places like Office Depot in the chair section.

Wouldn't a cleaning cloth in between the screens help? I have been doing that for a while, but damage is already done before I had the idea to do so. The lines are only noticeable on a white background.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Astro7x posted:

So I totally go the multiregion street pass thing last night at a Starbucks, because I had japanese Miis from my visit at 7pm on Friday.

It seem like National Streetpass Weekend Nintendo Zone thing are worldwide. I am already get some Miis from Germany and France as well.

SgtKirby fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 14, 2013

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Is anyone actually able to get in to the store?

I actually got on last night, however it took forever to load/login into the Eshop. It is still pretty unstable and I don't want to risk anything with system transfer for now.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

It's buggy as poo poo, don't be mad.

Really? I played all the way through and didn't encounter any bugs.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
I am a bit late for yearly stats, but here is mine. I had it since it was release and just recently upgrade to Zelda XL.

Steps: 897,950 step (Mostly from going to university and EVO in Las Vegas)
Play Time: 56 titles / 661:12

1.) Fire Emblem Awakening- 173:28
I am at the last stage of the game, but I want to do some of the side stuff before finishing it. It my first game for series. Very fun game and enjoy the characters. I am going back to play the old game that got from Ambassador program.

2.) Project X Zone- 108:04
I uhhhh actually like this game for the fan service (their interaction) for all the characters, however doing fights for 3+ hours is a bit too much. I maybe the only one in this thread that actually complete it. :v:

3.) Shin Megami Tensei IV- 80:44
Currently (and playing right now) on my list of stuff to finish and I'm close to the end. And for the life of me, I can't deal with it on normal difficulty and have to lower it down.

4.) StreetPass Mii Plaza
I bought the DLC stuff and it has increase the time that I play on it. Thanks to Pokemon and Zelda, my streetpass rate has increase a lot.

5.) Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Dual Destinies - 48:00
I am close to the end and need to get back to that. I am enjoying it and will get the DLC after completing the game.

6.) The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages- 26:21
Not much to say, but never play it as a kid and I enjoy it. I can't believe that I skip this and Season.

7.) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon- 18:02
Because it's the year of Luigi!!!!

Overall, I am very satisfied with 3DS, despite having a rough start. I am already planning to get Bravely Default when it is release. I don't see the slowing down at all now!

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Atlas Hugged posted:

Grab the EXP and Macca DLC. It considerably reduces the difficulty by letting you upgrade your equipment and fuse better demons basically at will.

Money is not issue right now... I have over 900,000 Macca and now trying to decide what armor to get at Ginza shopping district. I had the SDF armor (Gray Camouflage) for so long that didn't want to upgrade for the longest time. Thanks for the tip, though.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

So even though I read about this happening I couldn't figure out exactly when it was going to happen: the Virtue's Last Reward bug which wipes out your save.

Is there a way I could download and throw on my SD card a new save?

Not really (at least I believe so, I could be wrong), but avoiding saving the puzzle rooms. That is where the problem is. If you have the digital version, they "fix" the problem by disabling to save during the those parts.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
This is pretty cool. I am getting streetpass of the Retail version of Bravely Default with the Demo version. I guess they both have the same streetpass code.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
I really enjoy Steel Diver: Sub Wars. The multiplayer feel like Submarine version of Counter-Strike without the bomb. The only problem I have with it is the random disconnect after a match which is not really a bad problem unless you are trying to do winning streak bonus.

I am already considering of buying the Premium Version.

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

Nighthand posted:

Is registering a 3DS for that promotion different from the process to create an account that lets you use the eShop? I'm trying to determine if my grilfriend's console is eligible for the pokemon promotion (if we buy a game from that list anyways).

It's different. You just need to make a Club Nintendo account and link it to the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012

JerryLee posted:

When it says the reward code for Pokemon X and Y expires on 5/31, can you redownload the game after that date? I am looking at buying my first Nintendo products in a few years just to play a new Pokemon game, so I have no idea how their digital distribution thing works.

It just saying the free game code itself will expire if you don't redeemed it in time. Once redeem, its yours to own. You should be able redownload again if you decide to delete it.

• Locked thread