Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Evil Canadian posted:

So what's the deal with screen protectors? I have seen a lot of goons recommend one for the XL and is this just a placebo effect or what? My old DS survived through countless hours of EBA spinning and being thrown around everywhere and lived just fine without any screen protector.

What if anything makes one so important for the XL?

Nothing. But it's like 8 bucks for peace of mind and not having to worry about unsightly scratches and people keep asking about it every couple of pages, so it's just easier to keep saying "yes, buy a screen protector", because seriously. It's 8 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Still Q2 for Animal Crossing :negative: It needs to come out I need that sweet, sweet Animal Crossing in my veins. I need my fix don't hold out on me, man

According to Gamestop, it looked like the current release day is set for May. but that could also just be a placeholder for their system.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Pegnose Pete posted:

I never really thought about claiming coins from eShop titles...I've bought a whole bunch.
Is it too late to claim coins on stuff I've bought previously?

I sent a support email regarding the stuff I bought from the eShop before signing up for Club Nintendo and after a short delay for them to look into it, they pretty immediately gave me all the surveys for stuff. So it's at least worth a shot.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Anatharon posted:

I keep getting an error when I try to connect my 3DS to my wireless. I've tried deleting and re-adding the connection, and sitting right by the modem/router but it's not working. My phone's picking it up fine so I can't figure out what the problem might be, anyone else had this problem? :iiam:

Try turning off your firewall and try it again.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

KimT posted:

Wasn't the original voice actor just a random Capcom staff member or something? It makes sense that they would want a proper VA once he had more than five words of dialogue.

All of them were. All the voices were just Capcom staff folks in the office, so yeah, wanting to change it up for a game with full VA was a good call.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

On the other hand, Zero Mission on the GBA is an updated remake/retelling of the original that keeps the same basic flavor but smooths out the gameplay and adds some necessary features, so you might consider going for that instead. The original is just...yeah, rough.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Shoopuf posted:

Ghost Trick is not actually like 999 or Hotel Dusk. It is an actual puzzle game supported by a fantastic plot (with no traces of horror, as in the genre), but it is in no way a visual novel like the two previously mentioned.

(Get it anyway.)

Somebody mentioned Ghost Trick, and I am therefore bound by duty to reiterate that the plot is indeed absolutely fantastic. People who say a game can't make you cry ain't played Ghost Trick. The characters are lovable, the mystery is engrossing and entertaining with plenty of twists and turns, and the music is top-notch. Just an incredible game.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

This isn't even hyperbole, but if you don't play Ghost Trick you are a bad person. You have a big empty hole in your life.

And yes, Missile the dog is the most adorable doggie in gaming, compounded by the fact that he is based on Shu Takumi's actual real life dog, Missile. HE LOVES HIS DOG SO MUCH HE MADE HIM A MAJOR CHARACTER IN A VIDEO GAME.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

I dont say this lightly. Ghost Trick is better than Phoenix Wright 3.

Hear hear.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Dehry posted:

The system transfer combines the two system's eshop accounts, but makes the card in the original DS the one that works with the new system, so you have to redownload.

This has always made me curious, but does it actually combine accounts? Like, let's say I buy a used 3DS that has some stuff bought on it, would I be able to transfer it over to my current 3DS and have both sets of games available? Or does it just overwrite everything on one?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

AngryCaterpillar posted:

So... Iwata lied about his favourite colour...

He's dressed up as Luigi because the Mii's current favorite game is Luigi's Mansion. It's just some advertising, that's all.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

BambooEarpick posted:

Wow, thanks folks! I thought Fire Emblem was gonna be really hard and scary. I mean, perma-death! But if goons say it isn't crazy, maybe I'll pick it up. Then again, people say Etrian Odessy is pretty easy to pick up and that sounds,... like a thing.

You can literally turn permadeath off at the beginning of the game with no negative effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Klaus Kinski posted:

Summer for EO :saddowns:

Fire Emblem is ok, but all the units feel kinda samey so far. I'm only 5 or 6 chapters in so I hope it gets better.

Fire Emblem is a grower, not a shower. Once you start upgrading units and changing classes and all that, it really opens up.

• Locked thread