Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

wobs posted:

For tacos, Taqueria Habanero near 14th and Quincy NW (just down the street from Red Derby) is good. Fresh tortillas! They make a difference!

Where's the best place to sit and pick crabs without driving to Baltimore?
I haven't had the crabs here (and am not an expert on them) but Seafood in the Buff in Wheaton/Glenmont has good seafood and a lot of their business is steamed crabs. If they're as good as their fish/shrimp/scallops, they should definitely fit the bill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

wobs posted:

The Quarterdeck, without question.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

wobs posted:

For tacos, Taqueria Habanero near 14th and Quincy NW (just down the street from Red Derby) is good. Fresh tortillas! They make a difference!

Cantlers' in Annapolis is pretty amazing, if always packed.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

bongwizzard posted:

Cantlers' in Annapolis is pretty amazing, if always packed.

It's what I always used to recommend when I worked at a hotel in Annapolis.

The Maine Ave. Fish Market was always fun when I lived in DC, but I have no idea if those boats are still selling regularly with all the construction going on right there.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I'd second Cantlers' as being awesome. It's definitely a weekend trip though. Rush hour traffic would suck.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Veritek83 posted:

It's what I always used to recommend when I worked at a hotel in Annapolis.

The Maine Ave. Fish Market was always fun when I lived in DC, but I have no idea if those boats are still selling regularly with all the construction going on right there.

It's going full swing, still--they've expanded the parking some but not a whole lot. Every time I walk over to Washington Marina it looks like the place is happening, and it smells like it always has.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
For anyone in the western suburbs, Pho Royal on rt 7 in Sterling is awesome.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Afghan Kebab Palace in Arlington is the best kebab in the DMV

Punjabi Junction in Sterling is the best Indian buffet in the DMV

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

Afghan Kebab Palace in Arlington is the best kebab in the DMV

Punjabi Junction in Sterling is the best Indian buffet in the DMV

Nope. Food Corner Kabob is Aanandale is superior to all.

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

Bunk Rogers posted:

This is true but Ravi Kabob has the best chick peas.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bunk Rogers posted:

this man knows.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Any great Sichuan places around DuPont (work) or Rockville (home)? I'm really feeling the need for chongqing chicken.

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

chami posted:

Any great Sichuan places around DuPont (work) or Rockville (home)? I'm really feeling the need for chongqing chicken.

I remember Sichuan Jin River in Rockville being really good (http://www.scjinriver.com/)

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

chami posted:

Sichuan pavilion is kinda close to Dupont on K and 19th. I don't know about the chicken but the mapo tofu is the best I've had in the area.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
If you're in Rockville there's Peter Chang.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

HolyDukeNukem posted:

I remember Sichuan Jin River in Rockville being really good (http://www.scjinriver.com/)

I'd like to hear if they're still good these days, haven't been in a couple of years but they used to be my go-to. Peter Chang opened up fairly recently directly across from them though, and that whole shopping center with SJR is getting torn down so who knows how long they'll even be there for.

Another good option a bit farther south is actually Joe's Noodle, who got a change of ownership a few years back and actually got considerably better because of it. It's my current go-to on the vary rare occasion I get a chance to get Sichuan down in Rockville now.

There's also Riverside Hotpot if you want all you can eat Sichuan hotpot. Make sure you go during the week during happy hour as they have a cheaper eating option available (doesn't include a few seafood options mainly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Any good dinner spots within a short walk of the Hyatt Regency/Liaison/Teamsters building? I'm in town for a conference and am hoping to do a networking dinner tomorrow with a couple folks I meet during the day.

edit: nvm, it turns out the best option for professional networking dinners is the Union Station Shake Shack.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 9, 2016

• Locked thread