Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide
Anyone have any nice desert destinations in the area? I always feel a lack of non-cupcakery/froyo options when wanting to go out just for desert.

Also, I highly recommend Feugo Cocina y Tequileria in Clarendon, fairly new, good Margaritas, truly delicious mussels and tacos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide

SgtScruffy posted:

Depending on your definition of "In the Area", Dangerously Delicious Pies has some pretty tasty Pies, but it's on H Street Northeast.

By in the area I mean DC/NOVA/MD, though I hate trekking out to H street. I don't mean various bakeries though, I mean a nice sit down place where you can order a pretty nice desert. Often I resort to Cosi's smores.

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide

Sacred Cow posted:

My company gave me some free tickets to an upcoming Nats game but my wife and I haven't been into the city for a good while. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant to try near the stadium or nearby off the Metro.

I think you might be out of luck for restaurants by the stadium unless any of the couple new places that have opened are any good. The ballpark does have a Shake Shack and Ben's Chili Bowl though! The closest area with good restaurants is probably Eastern Market (I like Matchbox and Belga) which is then maybe 20 minutes walking to the park.

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide

Tyro posted:

WTF is quite good.

Best sandwiches in DC I think + bacon chocolate chip cookies

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide

spankminister posted:

I went to Asian Delight (Still called Asian Palace on Yelp) in Fairfax on Fairfax Blvd. near Jermantown road. It's the ground floor of the Comfort Inn over there. The management changes every so often so it's changed quite a bit over the years, but they now have SOUP DUMPLINGS. The ones over in Rockville at Bob's Shanghai aren't bad, but I like the ones here way better (they only have pork here, while Bob's has pork and crab though). Anyways, I'll never stand in line at Joe's Shanghai in New York for it ever again since this is 10 minutes from my house.

Also recommend the fried fish with cumin, szechuan spicy beef casserole, and something they called "fish with sauerkraut" which is really more like a fish lightly braised with cabbage and green chili curry. Only thing to keep in mind is that they are generally understaffed with one or two poor waitresses running around the huge dining room, and the wait from the kitchen is getting better, but you may arrive 10 minutes after a busload of Chinese tourists. I hope their business picks up because this is a real hidden gem to me.

Have you been to Peter Changs yet? Soup dumplings are pretty good, though everything else is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Trial
Aug 5, 2004

A saucerful of cyanide
There's a good Ethiopian place on 23rd st. Kabob Palace is great too. Some good bars too. Jaleo is definitely the best fancy restaurant in the area though. Aurora Highlands is definitely the area south of Pentagon City and west of Crystal City, across route 1.

• Locked thread