Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I AM GENNIN' A THING

STAY TUNED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

"M' mudder laid wit' a salamander, whatcha think?"

"Too much friction 'tween paw and the missus."

"Prank."

"Me girl said I t'weren't hot enough 'fore."

Oreom never gave a straight answer to what the hell happened to you?. Chances were he wouldn't have even if he had known. The facts were these; somewhere in the southern Wilds, someone left a kid to get gnawed upon by anything and everything that might have happened behind. You might've even heard why, if the various scratches and burns the thing's kin had suffered before abandoning the firecracker to fate's embrace hadn't been so unmentionable to have never been brought up in polite company. Polite company didn't have babes with skin like rust and hair like a dying coal, and wild things belonged in the wild. It was hard for him to pinpoint exactly when he'd decided to become civilized, evolving from a life of killing things, eating things, and lighting things on fire in various orders, but judging from the tales of wildfires and bogeymen out in the southern Wilds he was out there for several decades at least. Still, feral things can be curious, and not everything around the wilds was food or a threat, as it turned out. After spending years exploring every inch of the wilds and skirting nervously around any establishments he came by, there came a day that Oreom got his bluster up enough to present himself to the people whom he found most civilized.

It is also a fact that to a beast raised beneath the stars, Orcs can in fact be considered civilized. A step up is a step up, after all. Oreom was not exactly what anyone would call a quick learner, but even a dripping roof could carve a cavern given enough time. Spending several years taking orders from whichever Orc managed to trick, coerce, or convince Oreom that he wanted to do favors for them -- usually, a promise of alcohol proved to be enough to sway him, and it only caused problems when it turned out a debt he was being sent to collect was more alcohol -- it was impossible for the Ifrit to not eventually learn the ropes of society, and the virtues to be held above all else: Brawling, Booze, and Bunches of Riches. Slow learner that he may have been, Oreom was not outright unintelligent. The decades spent without language or structure proved to be a large boat to turn, but once the rudder angled him toward understanding, he never retreated from the destination. By the time he was a spry sixty-seven years old, Oreom had learned how to get what he wanted out of life through both verbal coercion and fist..al coercion too. Luckily for most people, Oreom was still a simple man of simple pleasures, who treated the days when he was fed and liquored up as the good days in a week. But society instilled something within him that couldn't be taken away, unleashing a genie that refused to be bottled. Content to work for and aide others for the bare necessities for as long as he had been, eventually, someone was stupid enough to flip Oreom a gold coin for his troubles. It was nearly untarnished, shining like the sun, and it melted in his hand beautifully when he applied enough pressure to it. Between Oreom and gold, it was love at first sight. Eventually, he learned that melting it into a growing pile of lumpy metal wasn't its preferred usage in polite society (and perhaps if Oreom had been more artistically inclined, there would have been more appreciation of a gold-sculptor working on a project other than "misshapen pile"), and grudgingly accepted that using it as tender for goods and services might be alright as well.

Someday though he'd look down from the tallest tower of his solid gold castle and know that truly he had become the civilizeder one.

These days, Oreom is after wealth. It's not an especially noble goal, but he is not an especially noble person. People are gold dispensers, and his interest in them lasts for about as long as he can hear a jangling in their pockets. Arrogant, tunnel-visioned, blustering, bragging, and selfish to the core, Oreom manages to convince many people that he's actually worth spending time with largely by virtue of his having learned to be a pretty stand-up drinking partner. It helps that he's a conversation starter just by being himself. There is something Orcish about him in the breadth of his shoulders and the width of his jawline, but his skin is the color of rust or dried blood. Horns like a ram's, chipped and scored from the claws and teeth of wild beasts, curl from his forehead to nearly press down into his ears, and his hair sparks and glows like dying embers every time the dark mass of it shifts. Bright yellow eyes and shining black teeth make Oreom's most boisterous smiles likely to send small children running, but this proves to not be much of a problem; small children have very little gold, after all.

code:
Oreom Bonne
Ifrit Barbarian
Chaotic Evil
Level 5

STR 17
DEX 15 (13+2 Racial)
CON 15
INT 10
WIS 7 (9-2 Racial)
CHA 15 (13+2 Racial)

HP: 28/28
Init: +2
BAB: +5
MAB: +8
RAB: +7

AC: 16 (17 w/ Shield)
Fort: 4
Reflex: 2
Will: -1

CMB: +6
CMD: +8

Speed: 40 Feet

Languages: Common, Ignan

Acrobatics 6
Climb 5
Craft 5
Intimidate 8
Knowledge (Nature) 4
Perception 7
Ride 4
Survival 6

Class Feats:
Fast Movement (+10 feet faster)
Rage
Improved Uncanny Dodge
Trap Sense +1

Rage Powers:
Knockback - Make a Bull Rush in place of a melee attack
Renewed Vigor (Ex) - Heal damage as a standard action

Racial Traits:
Fire Resistance 5

Fire-Starter
Ifrits with this racial trait derive sadistic satisfaction from watching others burn. Anytime the ifrit causes a creature to catch fire, he gains a +1 morale bonus on the
 next single attack roll, saving throw, skill check, or ability check that he makes in the next round. The ifrit only gains this bonus the first time he causes a particular 
creature to catch fire; subsequent times the creature catches fire provide no bonus. This racial trait replaces fire affinity.

Feats:
Scorching Weapons
You gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against fire attacks and spells with the fire descriptor or light descriptor. As a swift action, you can make up to two held 
manufactured metallic weapons become red-hot for 1 round, dealing 1 additional point of fire damage with a successful hit. This does not stack with other effects that add 
fire damage to weapons, such as the flaming weapon special ability.

Two-Weapon Fighting
Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6.

Point Blank Shot
You get a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at ranges of up to 30 feet.

Firearm Proficiency
Removes the -4 to using firearms untrained.

Gear
Masterwork Armored Coat Armor +4 MDex +3 ACPen -1 ASFC 20% [200gp]
Terbutje (Steel) x 2 (S)1d6 (M)1d8 (Crit) 19-20/x2 [40gp]
Golden Boy, Revolver+2:  1d8, 20/x4, Capacity 5, Range 40 ft, Weight 4lbs. - Consumable(Destroys Weapon PERMANENTLY): Electronium overload causes Golden Boy to fire 5 shots(5 attacks) instantly, destroying the Golden Boy in the process. Golden Boy's range functions as 5 feet for this use(-2 attack for every 5 feet beyond the first.)
Rifle (Low-Quality) 1d8  Range 60  (Crit) 20/x4
Shield, light steel (Quickdraw) (Spiked) Armor +1 ACpen -2 ASFC 5% [69gp]
Volcanic Mace Earthbreaker (s)1d10 (m)2d6 (Crit) 20/x3  +1 Fiery Earthbreaker +1 Atk/Dmg 1d6 Fire Damage on Hit
Chain Belt [15gp]
Handy Haversack [2000gp]
Bedroll [1gp]
Crowbar [2gp]
Water Purification Sponge [25gp]
Waterskin [1gp]
Compass [10gp]
Tobacco [1gp]
Barbarian Chew [1gp]
Dice, Loaded, Superior [50gp]
50 Bullets [50gp]
Rations (1 day)
Void Metal Shard
Black Iron Chain

1713g, 80s, 5c
Also this is my first time genning anything remotely Pathfinder or 3.5e related so if I was a huge dope anywhere someone feel free to let me know. :allears:

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 22, 2013

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

AS A HIGH OCTANE FUCKENGINE OF MASS DESTRUCTION, I AM OKAY WITH ALL MANNER OF OVER THE TOP SHENANIGANS.

In other words I am on board with totally hilarious roll streaks leading to insanity for both good and nefarious purposes.

But then, if I wanted to just safely get stronger and stronger with no consequences I'd be playing a JRPG so YMMV

Nikumatic fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Feb 13, 2013

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

The dual combinations of work and crippling headaches have had me down the past few days. :V I'll catch up tomorrow, sorry, bow bow.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Oreom gains a point of strength!
Oreom RAGES to learn Renewed Vigor!
What? Oreom's Uncanny Dodge is evolving! .. it became Improved Uncanny Dodge!
Oreom got tired of people waving guns in his face willy nilly! He sends out for a pistol he can tuck into his coat to the tune of 750gp and the accouterments to make it work (powder horn, 3gp, 30 bullets, 30gp, 10 doses of black powder for 100g).
Oreom doesn't really get this whole "aiming at a distance thing" in learning firearms, though. Point Blank Shot it is!

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

i guess in all of my workstress this week i forgot this thread existed for a while sorry guys :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

in all honesty i have come down with a complete and awful case of "giving absolutely no fucks", which i have come to the realization of while trying to give a gently caress over the past week. :(

I'm gonna go ahead and drop out. Even when I really enjoy myself doing forum DND it's only like a moderate kind of enjoyment and the rest of the time everything just feels like a complete mental slog to me. It's purely the result of the systems, not any of you peeps or the story or anything like that. It's just Not My Thing and honestly it's probably better for someone who actually cares to be playing even if I am totally the bitchinest ever.

• Locked thread