Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
hello friends

To avoid confusion, Doomykins asked me to shift this gen for Blood and Empire to this game.

Ostarian Kaedmond is a gentleman, wordsmith, compulsive liar, thief, coward, and drunkard.

Born into the noble house Kaedmond, Ostarian was left in the care of his wealthy aunt, Lady Kavina Kaedmond-Tohttam, as his parents died in a skirmish on the border of Ostorn when he was only two. Unfortunately, the Lady Kavina was a rather poor guardian; while she drank and indulged (as the wealthy are wont to do), Ostarian was more or less left to raise himself, and he did so on the streets. And oh, the habits he picked up on the streets! A quick wit and fast tongue helped Ostarian mingle with the lesser peoples of Draunt, and so he learned the arts of thievery and deceit, to control others with a wink and a handful of coin.

That’s not to say his aunt had no influence on his behavior, of course. Many was the time that he snuck into her private quarters to sample her wines and liquors, and it’s likely only by her constant inebriation that he was never caught. Ostarian would therefore spend his nights not studying as a proper gentleman should, but rather with his peasant friends, drinking and generally disturbing the peace.

So it would be that he landed himself in prison at the age of twenty (for accidentally setting a bar on fire, no less). By this time, Ithor’s conquest had ended, and so the guard was a bit more lax than it had been in years past. Luckily for him, the guards of his cell were also stupid, and he conned them into releasing him in exchange for a cut from his family's personal vaults. Of course, this payment never came, and what fool would believe a noble so uncouth as to resort to bribery? This did, of course, earn him a bit of a reputation (or perhaps a grudge) with the local militia.

He returned to a House in utter disarray: the head of House Kaedmond, Lord Udhomar Kaedmond, passed on without leaving a suitable heir during Ostarian's incarceration. To make matters worse, it was rumored that the Lord had not died of natural causes, but rather that an assassin was responsible and that the contractor was a Kaedmond themselves. Seeking to escape the dark web of politics that was quickly forming around him, Ostarian fled the country, heading for Ostorn where he could freely dance, sing, and drink with the elves! (He would later learn that he did not much care for elven wines, much preferring the drier kinds made in Draunt.)

Unfortunately, shortly after his arrival, Ostorn entered martial law and sealed its borders. Dissatisfied with the sudden change in elven attitudes, Ostarian relocated to Ashdown, a small, quiet town near the edge of the Wall, a massive, ancient barrier of vines and thorns. Now he is trapped, with a giant valley that seems to have formed overnight on one side, and the imposing (and recently, seemingly hostile Wall) on the other.

code:
Ostarian Kaedmond
Human Bard 7
Chaotic Good

HD: 8 + 6d8=5, 3, 3, 3, 4, 2 + (3 con*7 level) = 49 ([url]http://orokos.com/roll/115970[/url])

HP: 49/49
AC:    17    (10 + 4 armor + 1 natural + 1 deflection + 1 dex)
Fort:  +5    (Base 2 + Con 2 + 1 resistance)
Refl:  +7    (Base 5 + Dex 1 + 1 resistance)
Will:  +6    (Base 5 + Wis 0 + 1 resistance)

Init:  +1
BAB:   +5
CMB:   +3    (5 BAB - 2 Str + 0 size)
CMD:   14    (10 + 5 BAB - 2 Str + 1 Dex + 0 size)

Speed: 30 feet

Attacks
Light crossbow (1d6+1, 19-20x2, P)
Dagger	       (1d3-2, 19-20x2, S/P)

Str     7  +0      7    (-2)
Dex    12  +0     12    (+1)
Con    14  +2     16    (+3) (+2 armor)
Int    12  +0     12    (+1)
Wis    10  +0     10    (+0)
Cha    18  +2+1+2 23    (+6) (+2 racial, +1 level, +2 armor)

Languages:
Common, Dwarven, Elven

Skills                   	Ranks     Stats     Bonus     Total
Acrobatics (Dex)             	3    	  1    	    3         7
Appraise (Int)                  3         1         3         7
Bluff (Cha)                     6         6         3+1       16
Diplomacy (Cha)                 5         6         3         14
Knowledge (Geography) (Int)     6         1         3         10
Knowledge (History) (Int)       6         1         3         10
Knowledge (Local) (Int)         6         1         3         10
Knowledge (Religion) (Int)      6         1         3         10
Linguistics (Int)               3         1         3         7
Perception (Wis)                3         0         3         6
Perform (Cha)                   7         6         3         16
Use Magic Device (Cha)          1         6         3         10

Traits
Witty Repartee (+1 to Bluff checks)
Focused Mind (+2 to concentration checks)

Feats

0th Defiant Luck (Once a day, reroll natural 1 or received critical hit)
1st Inexplicable Luck (Once a day, +8 to any roll before it is rolled, or +4 after)
3rd Bestow Luck (Extra daily use of Defiant Luck, ability to use Inexplicable Luck on an ally)
5th Combat Casting (+4 concentration when casting defensively or grappled)
7th Extra Performance (6 extra rounds of Bardic Performance per day)

Spells

0th: Light, Summon Instrument, Detect Magic, Resistance, Ghost Sound, Lullaby
1st: Adoration, Chord of Shards, Cure Light Wounds, Fumbletongue, Saving Finale
2nd: Allegro, Gallant Inspiration, Mirror Image, Oppressive Boredom
3rd: Crushing Despair, Cure Serious Wounds

Gear:
513 gp    21 lbs carried (light load)

Crossbow bolt x10        	10gp      1 lb
+1 Mithral shirt of defiant	5400gp	  12 lb
    (aberrations)
    +4 AC, +3 AC vs aberrations, 10% spell failure, DR 2/- against aberrations
Headband of alluring charisma	4000gp    1 lb
    +2 Cha (enhancement)
Belt of mighty constitution	4000gp	  1 lb
    +2 Con (enhancement)
Amulet of natural armor		2000gp	  0 lb
    +1 AC (natural)
Cloak of resistance +1		1000gp	  1 lb
    +1 fort, refl, will (resistance)
Ring of protection +1		2000gp    0 lb
    +1 AC (deflection)
Ring of sustenance		2500gp    0 lb
    Provides food, water, and reduces long rest time to 2 hrs
Handy haversack			2000gp    5 lbs
    Always weighs 5 lbs, can withdraw any item as a move action
	Dagger                 		2gp       1 lb
	Light crossbow            	35gp      4 lbs
	Crossbow bolt x30		30gp	  3 lbs

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Between my own games and suddenly having a schedule again, I think I'm gonna drop. Sorry guys. :(

Feel free to kill Ostarian off or turn him into some gibbering terror or something!

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Hot on the heels of Ostarian's terrifying and hilarious reanimation is a new character! My familiar is a reskinned raven than can't totally can fly, I probably need to talk to Doom about it but it's late and I'm tired.

Tinsy Toggleswitch, Gnome Wizard (Arcane Crafter)

The mind of a gnome is unknowable to the rest of the civilized world, and doubly so for that of Tinsy Toggleswitch. A gifted arcanist and inventor by trade, Tinsy left her home of Geareg at the ripe young age of 32 and set out for Ostorn, intending to study the latent energies of the land and incorporate them into her craft. She secluded herself to a small cottage, working day and night on hundreds of inventions (each that she called her masterwork, only to be discarded halfway through the building process as she thought of new things to build), only stopping on the rare occasion that she did actually finish something, or to gather supply shipments. And then the war came.

And went, without much notice on Tinsy's part. She heard news, of course, of Ithor's rise and fall, but didn't really care, as long as it didn't interrupt her experiments. She didn't even notice that the borders had closed until her supplies stopped coming, and so she began salvaging old experiments to fuel new ones. Meanwhile, the world outside her little workshop changed profoundly, devoured by an ancient evil.

And this only made her more eager to experiment! Having little understanding of the source of the energies, she sought to harness them as a new energy source. And when she succeeded, she paid dearly: her inventions came to life, bound by dark and terrible magics, forcing her to run. Exiled from her workshop and left homeless in a war-torn Ostorn, she fell into depression. She simply couldn't stand living without the warm, familiar hum of magic and machinery!

The elves, troubled by the sudden and disturbing change in their eccentric but otherwise friendly neighbor, sheltered her in the capital and put her to work as a siegesmith. But it wasn't the same; elven 'machinery' is all wooden, and although a druid would be delighted, Tinsy found nothing warm or welcoming in her new career.

So when the sieges stopped, and whispers of a group of heroes reached the capital, Tinsy finally snapped out of her gloom. Could it be possible to see the outside world again? Could she have a chance to invent, to merge magic and machinery for the good of mankind?

code:
Tinsy Toggleswitch
Gnome Wizard 11 (Universalist/Arcane Crafter)
Neutral Good

HD: 6 + 9d6=6, 4, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 1, 3 + (4 con*10 level) = 87 ([url]http://orokos.com/roll/139399[/url])

HP: 84/84
AC:     17    (10 + 2 armor + 3 natural + 1 deflection + 1 dex)
Fort:   10    (Base 3 + Con 4 + 3 resistance)
Refl:   +7    (Base 3 + Dex 1 + 3 resistance)
Will:   +8    (Base 7 - Wis 2 + 3 resistance)

Init:  +1
CMB:   +2    (5 BAB - 2 Str - 1 size)
CMD:   13    (10 + 5 BAB - 2 Str + 1 Dex - 1 size)

Speed: 20 feet

Str    10  +0     10    (+0)
Dex    12  +0     12    (+1)
Con    14  +2+2   18    (+4) (+2 racial, +2 gear)
Int    18  +0+2   20    (+5) (+2 level, +2 gear)
Wis     7  +0      7    (-2) 
Cha    12  +2     14    (+2) (+2 racial)

Attacks
Dagger +5 (1d3, 19-20/x2 crit, 10 ft range, P/S)

Languages:
Common, Gnome, Sylvan 

Skills (77)                  	Ranks     Stats     Bonus     Total
Appraise (Int)			7	  5	    3         15
Diplomacy             		9	  2         3         14
Craft (Alchemy) (Int)  		8	  5         3         16
Craft (Jewelry) (Int)		8	  5         3         16
Disable Device (Dex)		5	  1         0         6
Heal (Wis)                      1         -2        0         -1
Knowledge (Arcana) (Int)	11	  5         3         19
Knowledge (Engineering) (Int)	10	  5	    3         18
Spellcraft (Int)		11	  5	    3         19
Stealth (Dex)			3	  1         0         4
Use Magic Device (Cha)		4	  2         0         6

Traits

Master Tinker
Illusion Resistance
Keen Senses
Obsessive
Gnome Magic
Weapon Familiarity
Low-Light Vision

Feats

1st   Selective Spell
3rd   Intensified Spell
5th   Arcane Talent (Prestidigitation)
7th   Heighten Spell
9th   Spell Penetration 
11th  Merciful Spell

Wizard Feats

1st   Scribe Scroll
3rd   Bouncing Spell
5th   Burning Spell
10th  Craft Wand

Spellbook
0th: All
1st: Mage Armor, Protection From Evil, Identify, Floating Disk, Crafter's Fortune
2nd: Grease, Spell Gauge, Admonishing Ray, Spontaneous Immolation, Knock, Make Whole
3rd: Detect Magic, Ice Spears, Fireball, Fly
4th: Remove Curse, Phantasmal Killer, Shadow Step
5th: Fabricate, Rapid Repair, Teleport
6th: Mage's Lucubration

Spells Per Day
0th: Unlimited
1st: 6
2nd: 5
3rd: 5
4th: 4
5th: 3
6th: 1

Gear:
1450 gp    10 lbs carried (light load)

Dagger				   2gp    1 lb
Light crossbow                    35gp    4 lb
	1d6 P, 19-20/x2, 80 ft.
	9 bolts

+2 Bracers of armor             4000gp    1 lb
    +2 AC (armor)
Headband of vast intelligence	4000gp    1 lb
    +2 Int (enhancement)
Belt of mighty constitution	4000gp	  1 lb
    +2 Con (enhancement)
Amulet of natural armor		9000gp	  0 lb
    +3 AC (natural)
Cloak of resistance +3		4500gp	  1 lb
    +3 fort, refl, will (resistance)
Ring of protection +1		2000gp    0 lb
    +1 AC (deflection)
Ring of sustenance		2500gp    0 lb
    Provides food, water, and reduces long rest time to 2 hrs
Handy haversack			2000gp    5 lbs
    Always weighs 5 lbs, can withdraw any item as a move action
Wand of admonishing ray (11th)  16500gp   
    50/50 charges

code:
Familiar: RUNEBOT 800X
One of Tinsy's more successful inventions, RUNEBOT is a tiny golem, about half Tinsy's height. He assists
her in her work, usually by fetching parts, acting as a conduit for arcane energy, or serving tea. His
experience in the workshop has given him knowledge of many objects, granting a +3 bonus to Appraise checks.

HP: 42/42
AC:     19    
Fort:   +2    
Refl:   +5  
Will:   +9  

Init:  +2
CMB:   +0   
CMD:    6  

Speed: 10 feet
Flight: 20 feet

Str     2 
Dex    15 
Con     8 
Int    10 
Wis    15 
Cha     7

Attacks
Magic zap +4 (1d3-4)

Skills
Perception +12

Feats
Skill Focus (Perception)
Weapon Finesse

Familiar Specials
Alertness
Improved Evasion
Share Spells
Empathic Link
Deliver Touch Spells
Speak With Master
Speak With Animals of its Kind (Raven??? Golem???)
code:
Changes
9/30/13: Few last minute changes (scrapped a few crafting feats, then went back and changed one crafting skill to Diplomacy).
9/30/13: Forgot about my Arcane School benefits.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 01:21 on May 30, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Like hell they wouldn't. :science:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

No changes except I edited in the 10k gold.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Please don't drown in poop water. :ohdear:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Jeffry :ohdear:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah I have 30k gold. :stare:

Jesus christ how does buying stuff/having stuff crafted work in this game

Oh and by the way I can craft wands of any of my level 4 or lower spells for half price so hit me up if you want a wand!

e: Also scrolls of any spell I know, and also I think I can make wands from scrolls if I don't have the spell? We did the other day in a 3.5 game, I don't know if it's the same rule here.

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 17, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Mirthless posted:

On the SRD wiki, magic items should all show the crafted price on the bottom of their entry. If you can't cast the spell it requires but you meet the spell level requirement, you can buy a spell scroll to cast the spell or pay a wizard to cast the spell for you. Crafting magic items costs no XP and about half as much gold, so if one of us has the feats and the ability to cast the spells there's no reason not to do it.

Oh okay, looks like Hecate can make wondrous items so if it's okay with Doomykins, these are my upgrades/crafts/purchases:

Scroll of barkskin - 50gp (I guess I'll get this from a friendly neighborhood alchemist, assuming there is one in Geareg/City Below)
+1 cloak of resistance -> +3 - 4000gp
+1 amulet of natural protection -> +3 - 8000gp
Wand of admonishing ray (11th level) - 16500gp
Total: 28550gp

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I only bought the barkskin scroll because Hecate could fail the check without it. :ssh:

(God how is her spellcraft so low)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

The only things I can make that are really supporty are wands of grease/protection from evil/mage armor/remove curse. :shobon:

e: I guess with a scroll or something I could make a wand of cure light wounds too, those are always useful.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Hey I'm also swapping Nonlethal Spell for Merciful Spell because apparently it does the exact same thing but without being limited to a single damage type. :psyduck:

Oh and also a reminder for Marisa, I think you have the magic psion gel or whatever so you should get that appraised probably (or I can do it next time we're all together).

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 18, 2014

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Welp okay here's our options Plutonis:

1) Run around collecting info and hike/fly/maybe get transportation? to Draunt and risk missing the deadline
2) Attempt a second Teleport at 77% chance to land at the manor, but locking us out of the option to go back to Geareg for the day (probably not the biggest deal since I assume the whole Draunt scene will take a day or more) AND potentially making it worse
3) Teleport back to Geareg (pretty much guaranteed success barring an astronomically lovely roll)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I lied, I thought Mage's Lucubration could only prepare 3rd level or lower but it's 5th or lower so I can prep Teleport with it. :buddy:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

We can't kill him because dwarves or something.

Not that Thad knows this :unsmigghh:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I have no goddamn idea what's happening in the play and I love every minute of it

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Quornes posted:

We're the FBI, not the CIA. I think. Otherwise Barnabus would just disappear.

We have multiple mages in the group, I'm sure we could arrange this regardless :v:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Tinsy gets harvested, Hecate gets possessed by her evil aunt or something, Runebot gets rebound and is the same old loveable, bumbling robot but "evil".

e: Or buddy cops.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

I honestly kind of thought giving the deed as a plot hook with someone who knows Teleport in the party was intentional. :shobon:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Well I'd be up for it and Tinsy probably wouldn't lose a lot in a system swap. :v:

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Vryloka cleric, problem solved

e: Maybe the death warpriest hybrided with necromancy mage or something if that's possible

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Don't tell hiiiiiim

Undead have so many immunities and I thought I knew them all but I guess not. In other words I'm completely hosed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

Reminder to myself to buy some cure wounds potions. :shepface:

• Locked thread