Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yes, me too. How does one get in on this good looking poo poo?

edit: quoting hotness for new page.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Clearly a fake shot because there is a ship labled "you" and I am not currently enemy starfighting in the upcoming starfighter game: Enemy Starfighter. That's not me.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Its 2016. Shouldn't this game be out now? :saddowns:

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Image has me homeworld bonering like mad.

Goddamn, I just want to be Enemy Starfightering.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its 2016. Shouldn't this game be out now? :saddowns:

Yep. Worse, Kairo denied me a refund.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Thirsty Dog posted:

Yep. Worse, Kairo denied me a refund.

Well of course, once you buy a ship it gets bound to your soul. And nobody would want a ship tainted by a soul of some heretic.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Jokes on you guys, Chris Roberts has long ago sent out his Black Ops Death Squad to assassinate Kairo. No one will finish a spaceship game in his lifetime but him god drat it!!!!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Do Not Summon The Smartness of Derek.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

TBH if Chris Roberts could assassinate 1 space game developer, I think DS and David Braben would both rank far ahead of Kairo.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Overwined posted:

Jokes on you guys, Chris Roberts has long ago sent out his Black Ops Death Squad to assassinate Kairo. No one will finish a spaceship game in his lifetime but him god drat it!!!!

I know this is a lie because even Roberts knows he'll never finish his game

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

pun pundit posted:

TBH if Chris Roberts could assassinate 1 space game developer, I think DS and David Braben would both rank far ahead of Kairo.

Yeah, but that's exactly why kairo is at risk.

A serious player like Chris Roberts knows you can't just take out a known enemy without it being obvious you were involved. He'd only risk that if he was backed into a corner--like Derek found the other game he's using the SC funds to create. And that it's a MOBA. But someone who's a rising star, lower on the ladder--he could set up a plausible situation. Get on Kairo's account from his home, write a 'I've decided after much soul searching to stop development' post, here, and have the body pureed and put in the feed trough for his devs. Those guys are so calorie starved, they can barely thoroughly document and test their own code.

Honestly, I'd put Kairo most at risk of Chris Roberts assassination. To say nothing of how he's still a naive and bright-eyed ingenue, which would make it easy to maneuver him into a romantic dinner to discuss engagement loops. His trust earned, they'd drive down backroads for hours "to a LAN" party, and by the time Kairo suspected this dashing older man wasn't safe, it would be too late.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Overwined posted:

Jokes on you. The assassination was kickstarted. :smug:

Surprise Pizza
Mar 21, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Jokes on you. The assassination was kickstarted. :smug:

Yeah, they keep hitting increasingly ridiculous stretch goals. Last I heard, the assassination has to take place on Mars, and involve a 2000 gallon vat of molasses.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
The original release date for Kairo's assassination was 2014 but it has been pushed back numerous times, thankfully. Roberts did recently release the Alpha version of Kairo's assassination, which resulted in a wound to Kairo's elbow. Get well soon Kairo. In any case, Kairo's assassination is targeted towards the assassination techniques of the future, rather than current assassination techniques, so as it stands the assassination doesn't run very well and tends to grind to a halt after a while, so Kairo doesn't have anything to worry about immediately. This hasn't stopped people from streaming Kairo's assassination on Twitch, but all they can mostly do is run around chatting to each other.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

TychoCelchuuu posted:

The original release date for Kairo's assassination was 2014 but it has been pushed back numerous times, thankfully. Roberts did recently release the Alpha version of Kairo's assassination, which resulted in a wound to Kairo's elbow. Get well soon Kairo. In any case, Kairo's assassination is targeted towards the assassination techniques of the future, rather than current assassination techniques, so as it stands the assassination doesn't run very well and tends to grind to a halt after a while, so Kairo doesn't have anything to worry about immediately. This hasn't stopped people from streaming Kairo's assassination on Twitch, but all they can mostly do is run around chatting to each other.

When is the new trailer of Kairo's assassination coming out? Every time a funding goal is hit we're supposed to get a new trailer, right?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Ynglaur posted:

When is the new trailer of Kairo's assassination coming out? Every time a funding goal is hit we're supposed to get a new trailer, right?

I heard that the dev team can't even afford any 30.06, total vaporassassination.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
BUMP

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

https://twitter.com/tipul/status/688459797943865344

:unsmith:

E: Bloody image is in the wrong place, but I'm sure you get it. Safe bet to assume Kairo's not died since the 16th.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Release a video game Kairo, you're my only hope.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Thyrork posted:

https://twitter.com/tipul/status/688459797943865344

:unsmith:

E: Bloody image is in the wrong place, but I'm sure you get it. Safe bet to assume Kairo's not died since the 16th.

Especially since his most recent tweet was actually 2 days ago.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

What movie is that? It looks familiar but my brain has gone flat for want of Starfighters.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What movie is that? It looks familiar but my brain has gone flat for want of Starfighters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3-Ay6VCX8

Real talk; I like the '84 Dune way more than it deserves.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 3, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

God damnit, I thought it was dune, but I didn't quite recognize the uniforms. :doh:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj3-Ay6VCX8

Real talk; I like the '84 Dune way more than it deserves.

Lynch's Dune is a classic and I will slowly knife fight anyone in a blocky power field who disagrees. :colbert:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thyrork posted:

Lynch's Dune is a classic and I will slowly knife fight anyone in a blocky power field who disagrees. :colbert:

It's just so long, and long, and long, and then a thing happens and then it's long again. It's like Master and Commander without the cannons.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Orv posted:

It's just so long, and long, and long, and then a thing happens and then it's long again. It's like Master and Commander without the cannons.

Old Sci-fi man, Old sci-fi. Star Trek The Motion Picture for example. :haw:

E: I should re-watch it and see if it holds upto my memories of how good it was. Dune that is.

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 3, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Orv posted:

It's like Master and Commander without the cannons.

Just read that book this weekend. Good book. Must pick up the next one (Post Captain I believe?) soon.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Thyrork posted:

E: I should re-watch it and see if it holds upto my memories of how good it was. Dune that is.

Don't get me wrong, that's part of why I love it, but it drags in places that test even my love of it. I watched it again late last year, it holds up but it's rough.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh boy a bunch of posts in the Enemy Starfighter thread! Must be an update!

Sigh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Is it time to start writing the fake Glassdoor reviews of Kairosoft yet?

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Thirsty Dog posted:

Is it time to start writing the fake Glassdoor reviews of Kairosoft yet?

For maximum confusion, Kairosoft is a Japanese mobile game development company.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

It's a spamming Volvo because of lame Dota2 holiday events kinda thing

Kairosoft pls

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Thyrork posted:

I've re-watched Dune 1984 and I think it holds up. It's terribly inconsistent in the quality of the effects, however.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Rastor posted:

I've re-watched Dune 1984 and I think it holds up. It's terribly inconsistent in the quality of the effects, however.

Epic and slightly stilted matte-painting visuals: For or Against?

To be clear, the is only one correct answer. Much depends upon you knowing which it is.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Oh boy a bunch of posts in the Enemy Starfighter thread! Must be an update!

Sigh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
So why would you add this one to the pile?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Rastor posted:

The Dune miniseries (the original first 3 parts, not the awful post-Dune miniseries) that came out in 2000 was really good. It's got ludicrously good set design for one thing and the change from naive kid to scary insane messiah was really well done. It doesn't have The Sting though.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Paul Mua'Dib who is Usul among the Fremen of Sietch Tabr is not insane. He is the voice of the outer world. Heretic

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Was wandering the wastes of Twitter among the cries of the masses for yet another nebulous outrage, when I saw this;

https://twitter.com/ZakkonZoom/status/632598550791237636

being retweeted by badgerhead games

Orv
May 4, 2011
:raise:

https://twitter.com/ZakkonZoom/status/627546111524343809

https://twitter.com/ZakkonZoom/status/617426504721539073

https://twitter.com/ZakkonZoom/status/622736698544406529

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery after all.

• Locked thread