Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

The mission planning and dynamic campaign remind me of Falcon 3. I always wished more games would take up that idea. the actual combat looks pretty rad too. I'm all about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Awwww yeaahhhh

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Personally, I think the game is loving beautiful. I don't really care for hyper-realism though, I mean it's alright and all, but I prefer art that's not ashamed of being art instead of pretending to be something it's not. Each to their own though, I know a lot of people just can't go there for some reason.

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Kairo posted:

Thanks guys, if I could find a good way to handle patching and accounts I would love to do something where it's cheaper to buy in earlier on. Sort of how Mount & Blade and Minecraft worked. It keeps the price fair for what you're getting and helps me out by getting people's eyes on it. Win/win all around.

I'm not aware of any patching solutions for Unity other than M2HPatcher, or if any non-Unity patcher would work too. I'm going to do more research. Ahhh, the joys of doing this on your own. :)

I'd love to get in on Steam's Early Access roster but I need some more historic missions/polish for it to be worth it for them.

Maybe talk to Chris Park and Keith Lamothe from Arcen Games? AI War is Unity and they put out patches all the time (at one point almost daily).

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Kairo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqg8p_rzVrE

Myth 2 is probably my favorite Bungie game, and made great use of terrain/unit mechanics.
I was already so onboard. But if you're brewing Myth with Tie Fighter, I'm just, I don't even know. (honestly 2 of my favourite games that stand the test of time, like, I'll regularly play these over modern supercedents , such as they are).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

quote:

Mac and Linux versions are now off the schedule, and I'm not sure if/when they will come back.

God, next you're going to tell me theres no Santa Claus.

• Locked thread