Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
Mexican Fresca.
I can buy mexican coke all day long, but can't find fresca, even on amazon.

Plus my wife is allergic to corn, so she can drink the mexican fresca as well as its real sugar.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Inca Kola is the bomb.

The taste is hard to describe, but it's sort of a cream soda with a hint of lemony bubblegum taste. It's Peruvian, and a Coke product, so I can usually find it in the States no problem. However, I have never found Inca Kola Zero anywhere outside of Peru.

I drank so much of that stuff in Peru. The caffeine seemed to help with altitude acclimation and you can't drink the tap water there anyway, so why not a delicious yellow soda? :yum:

canyoneer has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Jul 30, 2014

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

canyoneer posted:

Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Inca Kola is the bomb.

The taste is hard to describe, but it's sort of a cream soda with a hint of lemony bubblegum taste. It's Peruvian, and a Coke product, so I can usually find it in the States no problem. However, I have never found Inca Kola Zero anywhere outside of Peru.

I drank so much of that stuff in Peru. The caffeine seemed to help with altitude acclimation and you can't drink the tap water there anyway, so why not a delicious yellow soda? :yum:

I've been told it tastes like a less chemically Rockstar, is this true?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

This.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Most bottled tea is cloyingly sweet, but not Honest Tea. I think I've had like 500 bottles of this over the last two years.

I read somewhere that Pres. Obama drinks Honest Tea, and his favorite flavor is the green dragon tea. With all respect to the president, he is dead wrong and he is trying to lead you astray. Always get the one with the penguin on the bottle.

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
Both are pretty drat good, though lately ive been gulping down any manner of unsweetened tea I can get a hold of.

Sweet Leaf Lemon and Lime Unsweet Tea is my current favorite. Used to be impossible to find other than online but nearby places finally started carrying it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Wildeyes posted:

I read somewhere that Pres. Obama drinks Honest Tea, and his favorite flavor is the green dragon tea. With all respect to the president, he is dead wrong and he is trying to lead you astray.

It's symbolic: Obama and Green Dragon go way back :v:

electrohead
May 24, 2007

Everybody loves you.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

If you're into extra-strong ginger ales see if you can get your hands on this, though I don't see it much outside of the south their site has a product locator:

loving poo poo yes! I remember hearing about this when the thread first started and I will tell you their product locator obviously is crap since I couldn't find it anywhere in the West. I forgot the name Blenheim before but now that I've been reminded, I know they have it at the store right up the street!

I was seriously going to order a case online to try it but the shipping....

Also Sioux City is pretty good, and I want to try the Pimento Ginger Beer.

electrohead has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Sep 1, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When I was in Japan last, I kept seeing bottles of something markted as something similar to "Pico Sweat", but it wasn't 'Pico' it was something else.

Anyone happen to know what I'm talking about or am I just crazy?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
San Pellegrino Limonata

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Anatharon posted:

When I was in Japan last, I kept seeing bottles of something markted as something similar to "Pico Sweat", but it wasn't 'Pico' it was something else.

Anyone happen to know what I'm talking about or am I just crazy?

Pocari Sweat, its an electrolyte drink like Gatorade. And yeah, it tastes awful, like salty flat pellegrino.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I don't drink soft drink very often but I will say that I am very partial to the odd Chinotto.

Pug Smugly
Apr 5, 2011

bpower posted:

About ten years ago in Australia I bought a bottle of juice drink. It was mostly tomato juice about 70%, some else, possibly carrot, at around 20% and a little lime juice. I brought it home and drank it that night, it was the most delicious drink I ever tasted. When I went back to the store the next day and they had none left :( I never saw that drink again and I forget the brand and exact ingredients. I just remember the taste blowing me away with the lime juice making a big impact.

Has anyone got a clue what it might have been?

\/\/\/ No thats not it. Thanks though.

Hey Bro. sounds like V8 fruit and veg juice.

http://www.campbellsoup.com.au/brands-products/our-products.aspx

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
pepsi raw :(

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Best of both worlds.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

B.H. Facials posted:

This stuff right here.

gently caress you Coke. Seriously. gently caress. You. :(

I loved the gently caress out of this and was super sad when it went away.

But it's ok, because it's coming back! No, loving seriously, they're making it again!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/15/surge-soda-is-back_n_5811556.html

The first batch sold out within the first loving HOUR. They can't make this stuff fast enough, but you can buy some again fresh from the factory.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

Rorac posted:

The first batch sold out within the first loving HOUR. They can't make this stuff fast enough, but you can buy some again fresh from the factory.

A shame Clearly Canadian can't a mount a campaign like that...I guess people prefer Dew-esque rotgut over something simple, clear, and refreshing. :(

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Call me when they start cranking out Sobe Mr. Green again.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Synthetic Hermit posted:

Dew-esque rotgut

You take that back right now! :argh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Re: Ginger Ale talk:

loving heathens, with your Canada Dry.

My favorite non alcoholic beverage:

Iced tea. Unsweetened, of course.

The beverage I drink the most:

Beverage I savor the most:

Edit: From this post, I'm pretty sure you could pick out where I live to within 50 miles or less.

KillHour has a new favorite as of 03:03 on Sep 16, 2014

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

KillHour posted:

Re: Ginger Ale talk:

loving heathens, with your Canada Dry.

My favorite non alcoholic beverage:

Iced tea. Unsweetened, of course.

The beverage I drink the most:

Beverage I savor the most:

Edit: From this post, I'm pretty sure you could pick out where I live to within 50 miles or less.
If it weren't for the Tim Horton's, you could be living in Virginia.

And speaking of Wegman's, they carry this poo poo:

It's deliciously gingery. And they mix it with some cayenne. Q makes a grapefruit soda that is like a less-sweet fresca, before they changed the recipe.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Obligatory Toast posted:

If it weren't for the Tim Horton's, you could be living in Virginia.

And speaking of Wegman's, they carry this poo poo:

It's deliciously gingery. And they mix it with some cayenne. Q makes a grapefruit soda that is like a less-sweet fresca, before they changed the recipe.

I haven't tried the Q stuff, but Wegman's also has this:

Delicious.

And not technically a drink, but a must if you like ginger:

I have a 5lb bag in my pantry.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer

KillHour posted:

And not technically a drink, but a must if you like ginger:

I have a 5lb bag in my pantry.

Nothing beats these Australian candied ginger slices. You can find them at Bulk Barn. (Says that they're from Fiji now, but I haven't noticed any difference.)

Pretty pricey, however.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I moved out to the New England area a year ago and just recently got around to trying Moxie and I really kind of enjoy it. I'm also the sort of guy who drinks scotch warm and Jaeger on the rocks so :shrug:

As for something that I don't think has been posted here:

It's basically the soda version of green apple jolly ranchers. It's a mexican soda but you can find it in the southwest US and between it and Mountain Dew(of course) is the flavor of high school for me.

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
FWIW, Clearly Canadian is launching a contest - buy a case, win an adventure trip! All details here. (Including how to enter without purchase, but that wouldn't be helpful to the cause or your taste buds, would it then? :cool:)

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
When my bones feel a chill or my digestion needs a kickstart, tea takes care of me.

http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/herbal-teas/p/peach-tranquility-herbal-tea

And the official tea of AC/DC...

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That ain't tea, son, this is tea:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Clearly Canadian was the loving best. Also I loved the real sugar Cherry 7UP. I can't buy red grape juice because I'll drink every drop before the night's over. Real cider, that cloudy stuff, not the fake pasteurized bullshit. Jones' Strawberry Lime Soda is awesome. Oolong tea, Chai and green teas are good. Cheerwine tho, drat Cheerwine is good.

Cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic with that fake red cherry at the bottom.

And Earl Grey tea, thanks Captain Picard!

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
The Clearly Canadian campaign just past the 20,000 mark, 80% of the 25,000 needed to start production! Swell!!! :D

There really is nothing else like it...I recently tried a cheap knockoff called Canada Pure - plastic bottle, more ingredients, and it tasted passable, but definitely not as nice as the real stuff.

Schweppes ginger ale has a new dark variety out. It has a touch more bite than the regular, but compared to smaller brands like Reed's, it's still no contest.

In these cold, dark days, my recipe for homemade hot cocoa is Fry's powdered cocoa, soy milk, a touch of cream for richness, and sweetened with my uncle's bold unfilitered maple syrup... :keke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthetic Hermit
Apr 4, 2012

mega survoltage!!!
Grimey Drawer
The mystery behind Clearly Canadian's weird business decisions and eventual fade to obscurity has finally been solved.

Article

• Locked thread