Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I actually just hold down the Shift key.
KERSPLAT

Tekre has probably been bunking with the servants, being a filthy rat and all, talking off the ear of anyone who will listen to her about any possible shiny things that she can barter for. She's noticed the ruckus in the courtyard, though, and has assumed an unobtrusive position, maybe under (Or up in) a nice tree that nobody else has claimed, looking out for the object she currently desires above all others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Blame timezones and monsoon rains and smartphones.

Tekre is pretty calm about all this, hopping out of her tree, and making her way over to the enraged woman, weaving through the throng of courtiers. Giving her best approximation of a Rokugani bow (Which she's learned is a good step towards placating someone) Tekre replies; "Tekre barters, and hunts, and does not steal. She does not have your shiny-thing."

Imagine a feminine Deekin for Tekre's voice.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

You have no idea how annoying it is to keep up with this on a smartphone.

Tekre raises a furred eyebrow at the blue lady, and looks back over her shoulder to scan the newcomers for shiny objects she might be able to barter off of them..

4k3 Investigation.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Having seen nothing that she is willing to barter for (And being a little scared off by the masks), Tekre turns back to the Doji woman and continues(In a somewhat subdued fashion); "If the blue lady does wish, Tekre will empty out her owned-things to show the blue lady the shiny-thing is not with Tekre."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre switches the raised eyebrow, signifying continued confusion, both at the Blue Lady and the situation developing around her. "Nest? Tekre has no nest here, only sleep-bed, nest is for pups and parents and Chitatchikkan, not for Trr'Trr-Tekre."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre stares at Win, her expression first of surprise, then one of annoyance. "Why did the Jakr'Chik simply not tell the Blue Lady that he had the shiny-thing when blame was being heaped on Tekre?"

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

"Tekre does not think you are very good at jokes, Jakr'Chik, if your joke is to offer something you do not have. What do you do if called to present the shiny-thing you say you possess? Admit you do not have it? Lie further? Seems to Tekre you are setting yourself up for a trip-fall with such 'jokes'."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre folds her arms. "Tekre thinks that it is very easy not to burden yourself with things, yes, until you need something useful. Does the Painted Jakr-Chik not burden himself with items of rice or water-drink?" She holds the Kyoketsu-Shogi wrapped around her shoulder, and raps it against her Ashigaru plates, while she pats the Kama tucked into her belt. "With these, Tekre may be burdened, but she can also climb nearly any tower, castle wall, or rock-cliff you can show her. Tekre may be burdened, but with such burdens, Tekre is free." She then unslings her backpack, opens it up, and pulls out her flute, showing it to Win. "What about burdens such as this, Jakr-Chik? Do not your D'n need such burdens to create happiness?"

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre's eyes widen slightly at the mention of enlightenment, but she otherwise remains composed. "Tekre thinks you are dumb-stupid if you think you will find anything but burnt-ashes if you try to find a eating-stick in a haystack by burning the haystack. And she doubts that the Painted Jakr-Chik can find enlightenment by becoming blind-blind to the beauty of the world, since Tekre has heard that enlightenment is the most beautiful shiny-thing of all."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre mutters to herself; "Seems to Tekre that Jakr-Chik thinks truth is the most false thing of all."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I suppose Tekre just shrugs and makes her way to the tower, then.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre doesn't want any more Krtichik nonsense being spouted at her, so she's just staying quiet for the moment.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Oh god, I only just realised there was another page of stuff after my post, but just assume Tekre is too shocked and a-feared to do anything but be lead back to her quarters.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre has recovered somewhat, and overhears Win and the Scorpion talking, and something clicks to her. "If the young-daughter of the chief-Jakr'Chik is getting engaged, would this not be something big-large for him? Was there any Krtichik who did not wish to see daughter-Jakr'Chik with her arranged partner?"

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre shrugs. "All Tekre knows about Krt'chik of red, gold and black is that they do not seem to be well liked, that you, masked one, are apparently worthy of Ik-tep-, and you arrived during a time of importance for chief-Jakr'Chik. Perhaps he though that you had a problem with the Kn'Tcha of his daughter, and wished us to investigate your intentions. Seems like that makes sense to Tekre." Taking a second to scratch her ear, Tekre continues; "Maybe Tekre's opinion will change when we speak to this guard."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

"Tekre sees nothing wrong with talking, but Tekre may not have much to talk about. Tekre has not... talked about her tribe in a very long time."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

"Well, something happened. Not something large-bad, but something that may or may not have been Tekre's fault."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

4d10o10k3: 19 [4d10o10k3=[9, 5, 5], 3]

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre looks down as the Scorpion Woman asks her question. "Tekre misses her tribe, yes, but she also has... plans to get accepted back. Plans Tekre cannot talk about."

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre is probably peering around people to get a look at the shiny-shiny gift, having done not much of anything but quiz people while she recovered from yesterday's shock.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre has her stuff on her, no matter how uncouth it is (Tekre is always ready to roll), but she's currently more interested in the most excellent noise the chime is making, Imperial History and it's ramifications going over her head.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre looks around with clear confusion, wondering why people are getting down, getting up, some guy is talking about being Emperor (Which Tekre is pretty sure is a big thing), so she taps the shoulder of the nearest person and asks them to kindly explain what just happened.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I don't know how to respond with something that doesn't end with Win getting kicked in the shins, so I guess Tekre just scowls but otherwise lets that one go.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre shrugs. "Tekre knows that the tribes will follow anyone who can promise them food, shiny-things, and safeness from the N-ki D'gr. Of course, many chieftains have made such high-promises in the past, and they have had the force of the Tch'Tch behind them.".

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre looks away from Kenta, scratching the back of her head. "Sure-yes, Tekre can go talk to other Nezumi, there is no problem! No problem at all, nothing to be worried about, it will be fine!"

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

I'm ready to go.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Annoyed by the sub-par flute playing, and wanting to show that she is definitely worthy of not being thrown out into the cold, Tekre pulls out her own simple, wooden flute and plays a lively ditty.

5d10o10k4: 26 [5d10o10k4=[9, 7, 6, 4], 2]

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Because she doesn't have much to do in these Rokugani social situations, I've found the exact music that Tekre is playing.

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre attempts to switch to a tune that is slower, and easier to dance to, but that is still lively and enjoyable.

5d10o10k4: 28 [5d10o10k4=[11, 7, 6, 4], 2]

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre notices the heightened tension, and in an attempt to sooth nerves, starts trying to play her best, slow calming song. Unfortunately, it sounds a lot like both her other songs.

Initiative: 4d10o10k3: 27 [4d10o10k3=[12, 9, 6], 5]
floot: 5d10o10k4: 34 [5d10o10k4=[16, 7, 6, 5], 1]]

TEKRE IS BEST AT FLOOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPSLOCKGIRL
Jul 21, 2011

Tekre stops playing her flute, dejected that she was unable to calm everyone down and prevent such violence.

Sorry for the late response, I was kinda caught up in stuff.

And sorry again, but in about 28 hours I'll be unable to post for a day or two, as I'll be trying to play through Mass Effect 2 without stopping for anything but a minor break, get as much of the character dialogue as possible, and get the best ending. It's for an LP, and I can't really reschedule, I'm doing it with a friend, and University starts for us both the day after, which would make scheduling an even bigger nightmare, as it is we're starting at 10-11pm local time.

• Locked thread