Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ice For My Nuts
May 22, 2012

Hey everyone, just like the title says, I'm looking for reading material on how to transport materials by train. Books, articles, legalese, contractors, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Two relevant questions:

1. What kind of materials? Lumber? Faberge eggs? Depleted uranium?

2. How much/many? A duffel bag's worth? A train car's worth?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

So you're looking to transport some quantity of assorted documents and paper by train? Why by train. specifically? My general and rather uninformed feeling is that dealing with the actual logistics of how a thing is shipped is a rather pointless task unless you have a container of something to ship, or at least a significant fraction thereof. I can't imagine an actual railroad company would be willing to give you the time of day unless you're actually shipping a full container of whatever you're shipping, and even then I have my doubts.

SubCrid TC
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Here is a book that will help you out: http://www.amazon.com/Freight-Train...s=train+freight

Call a freight forwarder and ask them. They can get better rates than you and it's their job to deal with all that stuff.

choo choo

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

Do some research then come back.