Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's the February 17th deadline's Abomination...
...in its currently formatted state.
...under the 2-page limit on text.
...in a more easily readable online format.

The PocketMod-formatted version (the final version) still needs work on the covers of both playbooks, as well as possibly some other graphical details. The length limit's been pretty brutal so I don't have any examples and I had to contort the text to get it all under 2 pages with most of the mechanics I wanted to include.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eth0.n
Jun 1, 2012
D&D: Greatest hits

Rules/character sheets

Text length proof
Hopefully I did the length right; it's a little ambiguous in my game what is rules, and what is "character sheet counting as image". I have literally a few words to spare on text length.

I definitely underestimated how much text I'd need, so I had to strip out a lot of what I'd originally outlined. In particular Specializations (out entirely) and Skills (now a much simpler version). I think it does the core of what I was trying to do, which was condensed a 4E-style game, but "Greatest Hits" is probably a misnomer now, considering how little there is from older editions.

As I suspected would be the case, I didn't have any room for much of any fluff at all, so it's a pretty dry expression of mechanics.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
gently caress abiword hosed up the formatting gently caress gently caress.

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwbK9vCm5uIbOUxSR3JPNy0zZ2s/edit

Ok, RoboSaur.

edit: Each page is an A6. Sort of messed up the export again.

Minutia
Feb 12, 2013
There are a lot of interesting games so far, but a lot of people dropped out this round, and the thread's getting longer, so it's going to be difficult to find every finished game that is a valid target for playtesting. Will there be a master post with links to all the game systems?

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Edit: Unco did a much better job.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Ad Blurbs and Outlines
1) Tellurian by Error 404
2) Time Gladiators by Jon Joe
3) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
4) Letters by Dagon
5) Age of Dinosaurs by Dire Human
6) Metamorphosis Hill by Humbug Scoolbus and outline here
7) Open World by Gau and outline here
8) Die Underground by Golden Bee
9) FIVE FINGERS OF FRIENDSHIP by Ominous Jazz
10) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
11) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
12) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
13) Monsters & MurderHobos by Splicer and outline here
14) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez and ad blurb here
15) Dungeon Adventure by Rulebook Heavily
16) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia
17) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
18) Adventure Friends! by Fuego Fish
19) Hellhole by PixelScum
20) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
21) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
22) Empyrean by Etherwind (RIP) and Reene
23) Sawn-Off Shadowrun by ELF Captain Hats
24) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
25) RetrOS by Gr3y
26) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD
27) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
28) Heroes of the Fallen Lands by Angrymog
29) Campfire by piL
30) Base Circumstance by bahamut
31) Abomination by UnCO3

Reviews: 1-17, 18-25, 26-31

Progress
1) Die Underground by Golden Bee (technically complete at this point)
2) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
3) Tellurian by Error 404
4) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
5) Age of Dinosaurs by Dire Human
6) Dungeon Adventure by Rulebook Heavily
7) Open World by Gau
8) Time Gladiators by Jon Joe (technically complete at this point)
9) Letters by Dagon
10) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
11) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez
12) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
13) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
14) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD
15) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia
16) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
17) Sawn-Off Shadowrun by Captain Hats
18) Base Circumstance by bahamut
19) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
20) Adventure Friends! by Fuego Fish
21) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
22) Empyrean by Etherwind and Reene
23) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
24) Abomination by UnCO3
25) RetrOS by Gr3y
26) Hellhole by PixelScum THE SHAMEFULLY LATE

Drop-outs: Humbug Scoolbus, Ominous Jazz, Splicer, Angrymog, piL.

Reviews: 2-9, 1/17/10-13, 14-16/18-21, 22-26

Full Rules
1) Tellurian by Error 404
2) Open World by Gau
3) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
4) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
5) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
6) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja submitted for short review
7) Saffron by Captain_Indigo submitted for short review
8) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
9) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia submitted for short review
10) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
11) RetrOS by Gr3y
12) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
13) Abomination by UnCO3
14) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
15) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez
16) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD THE SHAMEFULLY LATE

Drop-outs: Golden Bee, Dire Human, Rulebook Heavily, Jon Joe, Dagon, Captain Hats, bahamut, Fuego Fish, Etherwind and Reene, PixelScum.

Reviews: not done yet

Playtesting
1) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
2) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
3) Tellurian by Error 404
4) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez

Drop-outs:

Reviews:

DirkGently
Jan 14, 2008
That is an awesome compilation (certainly beats my patented *search slowly through each page until I get frustrated and stop* method) -- thanks UnCO3. Sad to see how many dropped off this round though.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
The sadbrains strikes again. I'm gonna have to bow out. Trying to properly prettify them words did not go as planned, the gap between "what it should look like" and "what it does look like" was too great.

However, this is probably the furthest I've ever managed to get on a contest, so I'm strangely ok with it.

Good luck to all the playtesters!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Okay as it turns out I know jack poo poo about game design personally and with midterms rolling up I don't have enough time to actually put together a coherent game from the materials I have in front of me. I was just doing art before so welp.

Sorry :< I feel bad for bowing out but oh well.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Holy poo poo UnCO3. Thanks a ton! Added to OP

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
...Oh shoot. I missed the cutoff time, didn't I. Crud. I had my artwork and stuff all set, too. Just needed to paste all the text in; I just lost track of time. Super bummed now. Oh well. I got to see a gaming friend of mine tonight instead of posting, so I guess it kindof works out. Kindof. :(

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

mepstein73 posted:

...Oh shoot. I missed the cutoff time, didn't I. Crud. I had my artwork and stuff all set, too. Just needed to paste all the text in; I just lost track of time. Super bummed now. Oh well. I got to see a gaming friend of mine tonight instead of posting, so I guess it kindof works out. Kindof. :(

If you feel like bearing the shame of a loser and receiving a shameful grade this round, that is fine. Effort is rewarded, but beware the terrible shame.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
I shall bear the shame. Here is my final document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cr8ksp_FVJlIsnqji7yWq_FuNSnDydplcFho-cK0K9E/edit?usp=sharing

It's times like this I wish I had InDesign; Google Docs is not fun for laying out pages.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

I'm up for playtesting someone else's game, since mine is done. Who would be interested?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'd like to provide a major shout-out to Minutia. Thanks for taking our game design and carrying it to the end despite my best efforts to have a life explode during this contest. You rule.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

TheSoundNinja posted:

I'm up for playtesting someone else's game, since mine is done. Who would be interested?

I'm gonna be running my game over irc tomorrow mid day/afternoon PST (GMT -8)! And if possible I want to run someone else's game after, or do that tomorrow.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

In penance for skipping out I will offer myself up as a playtester as well during this week if anyone needs a warm body and occasional pictures of cats.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Reene posted:

In penance for skipping out I will offer myself up as a playtester as well during this week if anyone needs a warm body and occasional pictures of cats.

Perfect, I will hit you up in a day or two, your hours work good for me. :toot:

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
I hope this thread doesn't die right away even after February. I've had fun reading all these cool ideas and coming up with one myself. It's a really good challenge, even without the prize incentive involved.

Minutia
Feb 12, 2013

Barudak posted:

I'd like to provide a major shout-out to Minutia. Thanks for taking our game design and carrying it to the end despite my best efforts to have a life explode during this contest. You rule.

Aww, thanks Barudak! Couldn't have done it without all the work you put into the crunchy bits, and I borrowed a lot from the playtest you DMed before we had worked out the mechanics. I tried to cram in as much of your fluff as possible too. I'm really happy with how our game turned out, even if it's a tragedy that the final cut didn't have dwarves in it.
However, I am taking 100% of the credit for the brevity of the final product, because you are a wordy motherfucker.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

UnCO3 posted:

Drop-outs: ... Captain Hats, ...

No, Captain Hats! You need to finish it! My group was going to use your rules to play Shadowrun from now on!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
:frogsiren:Ok! I am running a playtest of Tellurian! #playtest on irc.synirc.org! Hoping to get a few players and start making fightymans in the next 10-20 mins!:frogsiren:

Minutia
Feb 12, 2013
Alien Rope Burn, I'm going to playtest Houses and Hauntings! I can't resist the plucky-kids-and-scary-ghosts setup. I'm going to try to run it as straight horror, but it may turn out to be horror/comedy, depending on how Scooby Doo my players feel.
(There don't appear to be any guidelines on how many players this is designed for, so I'm going to assume that three or four works just fine.)

TheSoundNinja, I love the flavor of Virtuemancy, and I'm going to be reading through your playtest once I have time. The Sigils of Loyalty are really cool, and add an interesting scifi dystopia twist to your fantasy setting. What do they look like?

Golden Bee, I'm terribly sad to see that you're not continuing Die Underground. Your fluff text was absolutely amazing (the age limits section blew me away, which was entirely unexpected). That was a gorgeous Undermountain setup.

UnCO3, thanks for the summary post! It's very neat and comprehensive, but mepstein73 turned in a shamefully late entry of shame, and is back in the running.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Minutia posted:

TheSoundNinja, I love the flavor of Virtuemancy, and I'm going to be reading through your playtest once I have time. The Sigils of Loyalty are really cool, and add an interesting scifi dystopia twist to your fantasy setting. What do they look like?

Well, a friend of mine is working on the design (to make it look cooler) but it's a runic looking. A circle with an "X" in the middle, with a lock in the center. Make it more abstract, and bingo!

Bonus points if you can figure out which of White Wolf's games it's from.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

UnCO3 posted:

Drop-outs: Splicer
I'm still plugging away at this, I just don't have the time/energy at the moment to keep up with the thread schedule :( I'll probably post it sometime elsewhere.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

I've been invited to demo KOBOLD in a game design class at my school! I will hopefully be recording it and then putting that up as my playtest proof! I also am going to give a brief talk about what RPGs mean to me, and... yep. It'll be fun!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

UnCO3 posted:

Full Rules

Time Glads has full rules. It is literally a finished product.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I didn't see it submitted for the third deadline, but I can add a note that the game is complete at the second deadline.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
My game was complete as of second posting as well. I won't say it's a medalist, but I made it to the end of the race.

Minutia
Feb 12, 2013
I just finished playtesting Houses and Hauntings last night. It was a lot of fun! They fled the house in terror, clutching a stolen teddy bear and a rake. We got enough material in the first session for a playtest (24 pages of chat transcript), and we're going to keep playing the game. The current players are going to try to solve the mystery again once their characters are un-grounded, and I'm going to run it again with other players once their schedules loosen up.

Here is the transcript, with some of my notes afterwards on how the game went.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
I need some playtesters for Microfantasia before the week is up. Hit me up on #badwrongfun or whatever.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Minutia posted:

I just finished playtesting Houses and Hauntings last night. It was a lot of fun! They fled the house in terror, clutching a stolen teddy bear and a rake. We got enough material in the first session for a playtest (24 pages of chat transcript), and we're going to keep playing the game. The current players are going to try to solve the mystery again once their characters are un-grounded, and I'm going to run it again with other players once their schedules loosen up.

Here is the transcript, with some of my notes afterwards on how the game went.

Gosh, thanks! I've been awful busy lately, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. If things seem weird for a horror game, well, it's not straight horror per se, but more a dungeon-crawling pastiche completely reskinned. It's not horror elements, but it's not intended as really genuinely scary. If that's why it seems a little metagamey, that's why.

That being said, I admit clues were kinda clunky in their implementation. It's probably better to think of them as something you get, the player asks the question, and then the GM comes up with a clue they discover that answers their question is the best way to describe that. Probably not enough room to fit advice like that in a 2-page game, so not sure if it's a win or lose there. Probably not what you want if you want a "purist" dungeon game where people ask about their environment and puzzle out solutions in the vein of an adventure game, tho.

As for EP / DP, you're right, but I tried to ensure they had different uses and benefit or hinder different roles. It may be a bit much for a two-page game, though.

Rolls are indeed weighted to be difficulty; it's supposed to be a game where kids don't want to get into conflicts per se, and where spending DP or taking EP is a real tough call. But given more space or time I'd love to come up with a better failure mechanic, it's a bit of a potentiall showstopper where it is.

Widgets are really rough, they're supposed to be a catch-all for various gadgets and improvised solutions, like pitching out marbles to make a zombie fall over or small grappling hook to avoid falling into a pit.

You're right that it's more balanced for 3-5 players, so reducing the amount of hurt foes can take is probably on the money. The formula for foes is more predicated on simplicity rather than balance, and I wasn't sure whether or not to base it on players or level, so that's how you ended up with that.

A character sheet would be nice, I didn't have time to mess about with the extras I wanted to before the final version, since I ended up way busier on the weekend than anticipated. All I had time to do was just shine the rough as best I could. You could have people print with a copy of the rules in a pinch, flip to page 2, and just circle their tricks and stuff, or just copy-paste their characters when playing online. A horrible kludge, I know, but it'd help.

Whew! Hope that helps if you go on with another playtest, and thanks a lot!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Also, what's the due date for playtests? I assume it's the end of the month, but I couldn't find it stated clearly anywhere.

eth0.n
Jun 1, 2012

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Also, what's the due date for playtests? I assume it's the end of the month, but I couldn't find it stated clearly anywhere.

Here it is:

Ulta posted:

6. The format of the contest should be familiar to you all now. Outlines will be due Feb. 3 at Midnight GMT. Part 1 will be done Feb 10th Midnight GMT, Part 2 will be due the 17th Midnight GMT, and the final play test must be in by Feb 28th Midnight GMT

Question for Ulta: I plan to do an audio recording of my playtesting session, and I'd rather not post it publicly. Is there a good way for me to send it to you short of buying the Platinum Upgrade for PMs?

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

eth0.n posted:

Here it is:

Question for Ulta: I plan to do an audio recording of my playtesting session, and I'd rather not post it publicly. Is there a good way for me to send it to you short of buying the Platinum Upgrade for PMs?

Sure! Send whatever to lockemurph at the G'est of mails.

Also I am not ignoring you! I have been reading and will hopefully finish tonight

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

http://youtu.be/BGGkd7FlckQ

Here it is! The video of my playtest with the game design class. Most of these people had never tried roleplaying before, but everyone enjoyed. I got lots of 'this was really fun!'s at the end, and everyone was smiling when they left. The last 15-20 minutes of the session got cut off (my camera battery died), but you get the idea of how this goofy little system plays. Character creation happened while I set up the camera, and overall took around 5 minutes.

At the beginning I drew a baby up on the board. By the end of the session, the 13 kobolds had accomplished the following:

2 had stolen babies
1 had died (but his body double avenged him)
3 had taken chunks of the blacksmith back to camp to eat
1 had taken 2 stuffed baby dolls back to camp to try to trade for real baby. He succeeded in doing so only because the kobold he was trading with got a critical failure to notice that they were not actual flesh-and-blood babies.

There were only 2 points during which I had to make judgment calls that the rules didn't cover: tripping the Blacksmith's wife, and tickling another kobold to make him drop the baby he is holding.

[For the record, the person off-camera who pees in the blacksmith's coffee, tickles the other kobold, and ultimately lights the blacksmith's home on fire (with the kobolds still in it) was the professor of the class. I love my school sometimes.]

[edit: I am also probably never GMing for a group that large again.]

Minutia
Feb 12, 2013
TheSoundNinja, the runes sound really cool (and a lot like the charter marks in Sabriel) but I've never played a White Wolf game. No bonus points for me.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Gosh, thanks! I've been awful busy lately, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. If things seem weird for a horror game, well, it's not straight horror per se, but more a dungeon-crawling pastiche completely reskinned. It's not horror elements, but it's not intended as really genuinely scary. If that's why it seems a little metagamey, that's why.

Oh, I definitely noticed how Scooby Doo it was, but I just couldn't resist scaring the socks off of my players. I figured they could turn it into an irreverent horror/comedy if they liked, like when people sass horror movies. Turns out their morale was lower than expected. Maybe more players helps with that - players goof off more in groups.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

That being said, I admit clues were kinda clunky in their implementation. It's probably better to think of them as something you get, the player asks the question, and then the GM comes up with a clue they discover that answers their question is the best way to describe that. Probably not enough room to fit advice like that in a 2-page game, so not sure if it's a win or lose there. Probably not what you want if you want a "purist" dungeon game where people ask about their environment and puzzle out solutions in the vein of an adventure game, tho.
[...]
Widgets are really rough, they're supposed to be a catch-all for various gadgets and improvised solutions, like pitching out marbles to make a zombie fall over or small grappling hook to avoid falling into a pit.

Hm, I still think I'm going to cut out clues for horror-flavored games. Maybe I'll leave them in for goofier games, though I still don't think recover DP and ask about Trouble belong in the same item. Maybe split it into encouraging notes or candy (fortune cookies, maybe?) to recover DP, and Ouija boards or Magic 8 balls for predicting Trouble.
I think the widgets and stuff would have worked a lot better if I left it up to the players... maybe if I described the player picking something up and stuffing it into their pocket off-camera, and they get to describe the item as they spend it? It was just really hard for me to come up with a Deus Ex Doohickey that would work in every situation, and I didn't think I could demand that players figure out how to MacGyver it on the spot in battle.
I'm going to chalk the problem with clues up to a conflict between game design and my play style - it would work a lot better if I weren't trying to maintain a spooky tone throughout the game, and just let the kids bash around, or if I put more roleplay weight in the hands of the players. I think it depends on whether your group wants to be thrilled and chilled, or wants to burn down your haunted house.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

As for EP / DP, you're right, but I tried to ensure they had different uses and benefit or hinder different roles. It may be a bit much for a two-page game, though.

Rolls are indeed weighted to be difficult; it's supposed to be a game where kids don't want to get into conflicts per se, and where spending DP or taking EP is a real tough call. But given more space or time I'd love to come up with a better failure mechanic, it's a bit of a potentiall showstopper where it is.

Hm, I think losing 2/3 of rolls is a bit much, especially for things like searching rooms or moving into areas blocked by Obstacles, which I wanted them to do. 50/50 would be a split that encourages them to gamble. I think they got a bit demoralized by the string of failures, and first level DP is really low - they can't afford to lose very often, so searching is the first thing that gets dumped. (Sadly, my math whiz player wasn't available for this playtest.)
The horror flavor was enough to make my players bolt from combat without trying to hit back very often (even with weapons! against the weakest ghost!), but you might need the difficulty mechanic to intimidate more boisterous groups.
DP/EP would have been easier to differentiate without the similar contractions, I think. But still, I don't know that I want them doing math calculations over DP/EP balance - I might just mod it to a single HP bar in future runs. It also didn't help that I had only two closely-related archetypes in my game, so you didn't get much variety in what the kids could do.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

You're right that it's more balanced for 3-5 players, so reducing the amount of hurt foes can take is probably on the money. The formula for foes is more predicated on simplicity rather than balance, and I wasn't sure whether or not to base it on players or level, so that's how you ended up with that.

A character sheet would be nice, I didn't have time to mess about with the extras I wanted to before the final version, since I ended up way busier on the weekend than anticipated. All I had time to do was just shine the rough as best I could. You could have people print with a copy of the rules in a pinch, flip to page 2, and just circle their tricks and stuff, or just copy-paste their characters when playing online. A horrible kludge, I know, but it'd help.

Whew! Hope that helps if you go on with another playtest, and thanks a lot!

Thanks for making the game! I really liked it (and mentally called dibs on its playtest in the second round), and it's flexible enough to use as either a Clue-style boardgame or a horror RPG, so I've got my bases covered on dark and stormy nights.

(Oh hey. One question - in my playtest, they succeeded at their Escape roll, but tried to go out a door that was an Obstacle, and kept failing at that. Would the monster have caught up with them, or should I have herded them through the nearest non-Obstacle door? I let them frantically bash at the door for a bit as the monster slowly approached, and eventually they got through.)

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

All right. I have reviewed all the games. I am literally speachless away by the quality of the games presented. If I set out with the rubric that I made before I started reading, everyone would have either a 9, 10, or 11. Everyone has put forth a stellar product. I am awarding everyone Bonus for this round. That said, several of you have put forth the effort to have your stuff playtested and completed. How I will account for this, I am currently unsure, but it will be accounted for.

All that remains is any revisions you wish to make before the 28th, and your playtest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

Ulta posted:

All right. I have reviewed all the games. I am literally speachless away by the quality of the games presented. If I set out with the rubric that I made before I started reading, everyone would have either a 9, 10, or 11. Everyone has put forth a stellar product. I am awarding everyone Bonus for this round. That said, several of you have put forth the effort to have your stuff playtested and completed. How I will account for this, I am currently unsure, but it will be accounted for.

All that remains is any revisions you wish to make before the 28th, and your playtest.

This really has been an inspiring contest. Now, I don't have anything to compare it to since this is my first, but the concept for this month was pure awesome and I think the entries really show that.

Anyhow, reason I came in tonight was to ask this question: For our revisions before the final, are we allowed to make rules changes or modifications and such (as long as they are playtested of course) or are we limited to formatting and minor word changes? I haven't done my playtest yet (hope to get some people together this weekend), but while doing some mock encounters I noticed my math was WAY off for encounters and decided that needed some changing up. I also realized I didn't really include anything for non-combat encounters like I wanted. Probably no space for the latter, but the former is easy enough. So, again, is a change like that allowed?