Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This contest is goddamned amazing, Ulta if you could when it is complete to your satisfaction shoot me a PM so it can be properly Goldmined. Congrats to all, I have not read all your poo poo but what I have read is pretty fuckin' neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Okay, someone's claimed the playtest slot: I'll be running UnCO3's Abomination Saturday afternoon.

I'll post the log in my Google Drive, and pop a link here.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Edit: Never mind. Once again, real life has taken priority over internet.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Ooh the suspense! It burns!

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Still working! I'm committing to have it done by Friday.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

An apology, I was not as productive on this as I wanted to be, being productive on other things. I am closing, but this weekend I must head out of town, so updates to follow.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Ah hem!

This was crazy tough for me to do. Suffice to say, everyone has put out a quality product, and their are no losers here. There are however, winners.

Saffron by Captain_Indigo has climbed to the top of the four page heap. For me, this game was the complete package. I liked it mechanically, there was great fluff, the presentation was good, and the playtest was engroessing to read. It was submitted for short review and Captain_Indigo helped playtest Caverns and Wyrms. On top of that, there's a PBP game of it going on right now.

Saffron, however, isn't D&D. Its something like DitV crossed with Polaris if I had to pick something. This part got really close. After weighing over things, it came down to fluff and presentation.

Congratulations to Dungeons INC by Dirk Gently. Your presentation and fluff are great and wonderfully compact. Its silly but still D&D.

To all of you, I will strongly encourage you to participate in the March thread and put those final bits of polish on the games, and expand to more than 4 pages if you feel you need to. A lot of you have just the right amount of stuff.

Seriously, everyone, congratulations on a spectacular contest. It was a pleasure to judge, and it kept me very entertained.

The winners please contact me about prizes and the like, either via pm or lockemurph at the google's mailing service.

DirkGently
Jan 14, 2008
Woo and other various celebration sounds. Thanks for running such an awesome contest Ulta and a huge congrats to Captain_Indigo (you totally deserved your win).

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Oh that's awesome. Well done everyone, I'm still making my way through the list of unfinished games just to read them.

And thanks a lot Ulta, I can only imagine how much work this was for you.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Congrats to Captain_Indigo and DirkGently for their awesome games and winning the contest!

As usual, I have a few people to thank for their help with Virtuemancy:
•Acervus (Sign of the Rebellion, Playtester)
•Kendall Stovall (Playtester)
•Adam Campaneria (Playtester)
•Dee Reynolds (Playtester)
•Danno! (Sigil of Loyalty)

Now to work on a revised version - Magicians RPG and Mystical Empyrean have given me some interesting ideas I want to try and incorporate, and I want to make a 3-page cover (since the majority of the rules fit on 3 pages, they could make a GM screen).

Ulta: could you PM me what you thought of Virtuemancy? I'd like to use it to help me tighten it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
This was a really neat contest, congrats to all involved!