Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Ad Blurb
Demigod. Freak. Prodigal. Refugee. These are the names people force upon you, the one set apart from humanity by cruel hands, yet yearning for the warmth of companionship. You're too rebellious for the Nation, your creators, but too pure for the Filth, your fellows. There is a long and dark road ahead. If you persevere, you will not walk it alone.

Abomination (outline inside) is the game-biography of an artificial superhuman created in the course of a techno-fascist state's slow ascent to godhood, who slips their bonds and escapes into the world, only to find themself trapped between the harshly ordered society of their creators and the suspicious and downtrodden under-society of mutants, the exiled and revolutionaries. You will see what they are Driven to do with the precious Time they have. You will follow the choices they make as they navigate the labyrinth of hate and love, fear and acceptance. Will they simply survive, will they retreat from these societies or will they try to change them? That's for you to find out. All you need is pens, paper, a few tokens and dice and enough imagination to create a world with your minds.

Called shot: $50 to Doctors Without Borders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's my entry for The Shortening 2: Even Shorter, ahead of schedule.

With MurderTM you can experience the most brutally aggressive throes of the human condition! 44 characters, 162px wide, 31px tall (I've done it assuming that the orientation of the dimensions doesn't matter but I can change it if it's supposed to be 113 wide and 199 tall).

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Following the unprecedented worldwide popularity of MurderTM, and after a thoughtful and meticulous design and playtest process, I am proud to present MurderTM: 2nd Edition:

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Taking more wealth than they need to continue their journey.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Abomination plaintext rules, need a whole lot of formatting, probably some character/society sheets too, but they should be just about 2 pages right now.

MurderTM: 2nd Edition: The Killing, for the bonus option.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Ulta posted:

Abomination

I really like the concept behind this game, and I like games that have non-traditional player roles. This is really non-traditional but exciting. Some of its a little hard to understand, but I think this could be remedied with some proper formatting. Are things in the right order in the draft?

Bonus - Yes
9/10 - a bonus is earned/
Only the first 2 pages of that document are my second update, the rest is the formatless version of the current text I accidentally left in there after checking the length to make sure it was under the 2-page limit. The latest stuff looks a lot better properly formatted, especially the character/society sheets, and the ordering makes a little more sense assuming that the two 'playbooks' are being read at the same time. Incidentally, the format's going to eventually be two PocketMods, one for the Abomination and one for the societies, and one page of blurb (about 7 lines in a word processor) is duplicated between the two. Should both sections of that count for the 2-page text limit, or just one?

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Here's the February 17th deadline's Abomination...
...in its currently formatted state.
...under the 2-page limit on text.
...in a more easily readable online format.

The PocketMod-formatted version (the final version) still needs work on the covers of both playbooks, as well as possibly some other graphical details. The length limit's been pretty brutal so I don't have any examples and I had to contort the text to get it all under 2 pages with most of the mechanics I wanted to include.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Ad Blurbs and Outlines
1) Tellurian by Error 404
2) Time Gladiators by Jon Joe
3) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
4) Letters by Dagon
5) Age of Dinosaurs by Dire Human
6) Metamorphosis Hill by Humbug Scoolbus and outline here
7) Open World by Gau and outline here
8) Die Underground by Golden Bee
9) FIVE FINGERS OF FRIENDSHIP by Ominous Jazz
10) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
11) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
12) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
13) Monsters & MurderHobos by Splicer and outline here
14) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez and ad blurb here
15) Dungeon Adventure by Rulebook Heavily
16) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia
17) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
18) Adventure Friends! by Fuego Fish
19) Hellhole by PixelScum
20) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
21) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
22) Empyrean by Etherwind (RIP) and Reene
23) Sawn-Off Shadowrun by ELF Captain Hats
24) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
25) RetrOS by Gr3y
26) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD
27) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
28) Heroes of the Fallen Lands by Angrymog
29) Campfire by piL
30) Base Circumstance by bahamut
31) Abomination by UnCO3

Reviews: 1-17, 18-25, 26-31

Progress
1) Die Underground by Golden Bee (technically complete at this point)
2) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
3) Tellurian by Error 404
4) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
5) Age of Dinosaurs by Dire Human
6) Dungeon Adventure by Rulebook Heavily
7) Open World by Gau
8) Time Gladiators by Jon Joe (technically complete at this point)
9) Letters by Dagon
10) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
11) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez
12) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
13) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
14) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD
15) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia
16) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
17) Sawn-Off Shadowrun by Captain Hats
18) Base Circumstance by bahamut
19) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
20) Adventure Friends! by Fuego Fish
21) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
22) Empyrean by Etherwind and Reene
23) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
24) Abomination by UnCO3
25) RetrOS by Gr3y
26) Hellhole by PixelScum THE SHAMEFULLY LATE

Drop-outs: Humbug Scoolbus, Ominous Jazz, Splicer, Angrymog, piL.

Reviews: 2-9, 1/17/10-13, 14-16/18-21, 22-26

Full Rules
1) Tellurian by Error 404
2) Open World by Gau
3) Microfantasia by MadRhetoric
4) Caverns and Wyrms by lord_daeloth
5) 迷宮&竜の罰ゲーム by Mikan
6) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja submitted for short review
7) Saffron by Captain_Indigo submitted for short review
8) Dungeons, Inc. by DirkGently
9) Dungeons and Dragons: Core by Barudak and Minutia submitted for short review
10) Swordsmen and Sorcerers by neongrey
11) RetrOS by Gr3y
12) Houses and Hauntings by Alien Rope Burn
13) Abomination by UnCO3
14) DnD: Greatest Hits by eth0.n
15) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez
16) KOBOLD: Super Shortened Edition by mepstein73 and LowellDnD THE SHAMEFULLY LATE

Drop-outs: Golden Bee, Dire Human, Rulebook Heavily, Jon Joe, Dagon, Captain Hats, bahamut, Fuego Fish, Etherwind and Reene, PixelScum.

Reviews: not done yet

Playtesting
1) Saffron by Captain_Indigo
2) Virtuemancy by TheSoundNinja
3) Tellurian by Error 404
4) Robosaur: the time war by Cardinal Ximenez

Drop-outs:

Reviews:

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I didn't see it submitted for the third deadline, but I can add a note that the game is complete at the second deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

If anybody needs assistance with last minute playtesting, speak now, and I might be able to arrange something.
My weird game, Abomination, still needs playtesting. Here are the rules for playtest and a copy of the formatted rules.