Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Figuero Yhong

Through the din of the chattering pub, a slight knock is heard. The light redwood quarterstaff of Figuero Yhong tap's the ground faintly enough for only patrons seated at the nearest table picked up their heads. With voice enough to be heard he spoke. "Greetings fellow travellers"

With that he gingerly rest his staff on his shoulder, and took a seat. "If he means to restore the once-hospital he must also seek healers and medcinemen."

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Confidently striding to the front gates with poise and grace, Fig' enters through the front, courting the noble colonel as an employer.

Diplomacy roll check: 1d20+7 27

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero
Figuero thanks the Knight profusely, waving his hand and muttering a small blessing of good fortune on the man as he passed him by.
He makes certain to count soldiers and otherwise uniformed personnel on the grounds, trying to estimate their martial capacity, while making his way merrily into the grand stone structurePerception roll 24

Impressed by the large collection of trinkets and baubles, Figuero stalks the room about looking for some semblance of pattern or meaning to them all, taking care to try and ascertain if any should have magical or religious significance.
Knowledge Arcana Dice Roll 16
Knowledge Religion Dice Roll 8

Satisfied with his findings, Figuero steps to the table and sniffs the food tentatively, instead of indulging only in fresh bread and water from his rations. Procuring a small napkin from the his pockets, he wipes his lips and dusts the crumbs from his chest before losing the napkin into the fold of his robes. Finding a remote corner of the room with enough clear space for him to sit he places his staff in his lap as his eyes close into a quit meditation.

((edit: fixed inaccurate roll))

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero

Graciously rising for his host, Figuero welcomes the Colonel's greeting and follows him to the second floor. On hearing Carbon quip upon the loyalty of half-breeds, Figuero calmly reminds the Colonel "My travels have taught me that friends may come from the strangest of places..."
Sense Motive on Carbon 16

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

"What a curious contraption you have there" Figuero half-mumbles, as his head tilts quizzically to the side.
"You mean to tell me any hand who turns that crank can create the field we have just witnessed?"

"From where could such a craftwork originate?" he added briefly.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Stalking out of the room with a quiet sense of dissatisfaction, Figuero resigns himself to the company of the Ronin and Carbon's guard outside the office. Waiting hardly a few seconds after hearing Vanessa's pacing footsteps, Figuero turns to address the guards posted by the office door. "Are most guests entertained by your employer's eccentricities?"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero
"Human Wave? What sort of lot are they?"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Striding through the open doors, the young Inquisitor makes his way to face Carbon. Creaking from the closing doors break into silence for a moment before Figuero takes a breath.
"So it would seem that the Colonel is building much more than an army. Pray tell, what else...exactly have you been building?"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

"Your machine is impressive, but if you think that contraption and a manor-full of house-guard alone can purge the world of its evils you are a naive fool." Figuero pauses before adding "But you are no naive fool are you Nicolas?"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

"Colonel, what if I told you I am much more than I appear to be?"

Figuero's silver tongue jumps to life as honeyed words spill from its tip

Yhong begins his tale long ago, during the ravages of the great war....

"and that my good friend has left me convinced, this cabal of sorcerers has been collecting Mind Flayer artifacts to further their diaboloical scheme to restore their masters to power. More importantly, you need me to protect yours"

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

"Yhong, you may call me Inquisitor Yhong" Figuero spoke with a stern gaze in his eyes, the brown iris' twinkled with the slightest hint of divine competence.
"Surely to a guiled man such such as yourself it goes without saying, but please keep the cards I have shown you close to your chest. The tentacles of the flayers have longer reach than some would still believe"

With that Figuero's eyes once again flared in exuberance, leaving no trace of his sombre and solemn face.

"To the antechamber to see what all the fracas is then?" he said, leading the way out of the room.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Quickly approaching, Figuero bravely steps up alongside Carbon near the two would-be combatants (Diplomacy 1d20+9 = 27)

Speaking quickly and confidently "Should you two be pit against one another in bloodsport, the ensuing melee would surely leave our gracious host to replace various furniture, walls, or staff lost in the chaos"

((forgot to add modifier to orokos and don't want a re-roll confusing things on my rolling log))

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

"I suppose a little violence has never much hurt anyone" muttered the young traveler. As he begun to follow the ensemble down the stairs Figuero tried to make out what orders the Colonel had given his guard (1d20+6=7)

The Inquisitor remained silent the short walk down the steps and to the make-shift arena in the empty storerooms.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Being left mostly alone in the chambers, Figuero leaves the chamber and approaches the doors to the large, unexplored room in the center of the wing. Looking over his shoulder to make sure he is unobserved ((Perception: 1d20+6=10)) , he tugs on the door to open it.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Knowing that it must be some kind of commotion to lure everyone upstairs to quickly, and with the rest of the team scrambling to keep Carbon busy, Figuero saunters over to the newly added stonework before giving it a few raps of his knuckles and searching the construction for grooves or handholds for him to move, taking enough time to assure himself nothing is lurking beneath the new stone that he could reach. ((take 20 on perception))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 17, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Almost holding his breath, Figuero descends into the hidden chamber, taking great care to try and replace the plaster trap door as best he could, (searching for another switch on this side if it will not move back into place otherwise).

Figuero begins combing over the room, at first heading over to the torch, to see if it can be removed from the wall and held by hand. "drat these meager human eyes" he quietly mutters to only himself. Not content with a physical search, "this colonel always has another trick his sleeves" Figuero thought as he pushed out a breath and cast detect magic

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Though not very well versed in the arcane, Figuero takes a moment to reach out in his magical senses to discern the purpose of these spells.(Spellcraft 1d20+2)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong
Finishing his examination of the rooms below, and treading very cautiously around what could be potentially hostile magic, Figuero returns the way he came up and into the empty vault. Hearing the conversation of his companions, he turns briskly and walks into the room, he comes up behind Thor and Hecate to motion for them to listen close.
"I may have found something of arcane interest, if you would follow me..."

Upon first making eye contact with Oreom, Figuero nods his head to him, beckoning him to follow as well.

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Feb 17, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong
Figuero leads the way to the empty vault, waiting until all who followed him were grouped together in the corner, before the silence can be interupted, he flips the switch he found earlier, and walks down into the dim torchlight of the basement. Walking deeper into the complex he stops before the sewer entrance and motions with his hand "can you sense it? the delicate fabric of some sort of enchantment beyond"

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 18, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

When he enters the room Figuero can almost instantly feel the hairs on the back of his neck prick up, a sick feeling lurks in the pit of his stomach. Keeping his distance he recognizes the figure as soon as it becomes visible. The color begins slowly draining out his face as his eyes lay upon the creature. Closing his eyes for a moment he clears his mind, and with a breath, blocks all distractions out of conscious thought. He immediately strides to the tables, examining the tools and creatures that lay out in the open first, before bracing his will and looking over the wounded and infeebled abomination.
((Knowledge Religion 1d20+7; take ten = 17))
((Knowledge Nature 1d20+7; take ten =17))

Upon hearing the younger girl's name, Figuero's eyebrows perk up. Somewhere inside him his devious nature gleems, "You poor girl, your father meddles in powers he can't possibly understand." he continues "Your father has become a target of the war, not over but simply having moved to the shadows,and the good Colonel is great danger ((Bluff 1d20+11=28))

"And even if the cultists are not already aware of this abomination, they will find it, they will heal it, and they will unleash it"

Opening his mouth as if to say more, the inquisitor stops himself...

((edit:P'ui is a jerk! Anyways, who is she gonna believe, the handsome young stranger with roguish good looks or the hideous white labrat that held a knife to her throat?))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 19, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Figuero throws away any patience with the girl "Your father will be the first target the abberation sets it's sights on as soon as it devours us for sustenance. An Illithid would be shunned and destroyed by its own ranks should it return without cleansing it's shame in your father's blood...starting with you"

((intimidate 1d20+11+(+1 stern gaze)= 31)+circumstance bonus of using the illithid as a threat?)

Reaching deep within himself to retain composure, Inquisitor Yhong starts analyzing the containment field to see if he can fix or otherwise reinforce the bonds holding back the beast. ((1d20+7=13 use magic device))

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

The mounting sense of urgency is palpable. Figuero cannot turn a blind eye to the danger of beast, but this was not a foe he could face this day. Before he fled, Figuero whipped out a chalk piece and large scroll of parchment, he quickly jots down the more legible runes left intact on the floor in front of the creature and stuff the rolled parchment back into the many folds of his vestments before heading out to follow the others.

((Figuero also changes his Stealth Synergy team feat to the "Escape Route" feat as a standard action during this))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 19, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Seeing his injured compatriot Figuero rushes nimbly past Carbon, doing his best to keep the human samurai between himself and the furious Colonel, as he sought to stand by Lefty's side
((Escape Route teamwork feat should let him pass through Carbon without provoking AoO and end up in square W-94 adjacent to lefty))

White and red wisps of power trickled down Figuero forearms "I'll do my best boy-o" ((1d8+3=7)) he assures the mustachioed vagabond.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

"For whatever little worth it may have to you, I give you my word the girl shall be protected to the best of my abilities until she is returned"

((Diplomacy 1d20+9 = 14))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Feb 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong
Reaches for Lefty's shoulder and whispers in his ear "We best be out of here sooner rather than later chief, up and at'em lets go" with that and a pat on the back, Figuero strides briskly out the front.

• Locked thread