Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Metal Loaf posted:

...if Billboard was operating under the same formula as it did a decade ago, "Gangnam Style" would have been guaranteed the top spot. At the moment, however, their method of calculating chart points is biased toward radio airplay and "One More Night" was an absolute monster on American radio in the latter half of 2012.

The whole airplay effects chart position thing bugs me. It seems that it allows record companies to rig the list in favour of the brand new singles (even though the album has been out six months or more) they allow "hottest hits" radio stations to include in their playlists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

I don't really think Gotye will have another hit, mostly because I don't think he was ever aiming for one in the first place. If anything, he sounded really pissed dealing with Top 40 radio stations and the lovely "remixes" they made so his song would sound like everything else on the radio.

Gotye accepted an industry award with a speech that included this gem: "Sorry for those people who listen to commercial radio and had to listen to it 50 times a day at their workplace"