Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Saw Ellie Goulding tonight and for how much I like her music, it was a pretty bad show. She hardly had any energy, barely worked the crowd and her mic was so out of whack that no one could understand what she was saying. It didn't help that she's singing over pre-recorded backing vocals as well. Her band is talented as hell though, each one of those guys it seemed like had a guitar, a keyboard and drums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I like Atlantis a lot. :(

New JT is stellar but most songs are way too long. Then again I've already heard there is a remix album in the works, so the extra minutes give people more to work with I guess.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Such a waste of Frank Ocean though. :(

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Her writing certainly hasn't gotten any better, but you can hear the Auerbach all over it and by proxy the Danger Mouse. It almost sounds kind of like that album "Rome," but with Lana and The Black Keys instead of Norah Jones and Jack White. Born to Die was so huge and had so many big tracks, I imagine a lot of people are going to be disappointed. I'm also very curious to hear how she is going to tour the album, I saw her about a month ago and it was so loud you couldn't hear her or the band a lot of the time.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

New Dawn Richard joint finally dropped, hoping this one finally takes off.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Stalins Moustache posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgEgaPk62M

New Ariana Grande video and that.. Sure was something.

All that loving work and she doesn't even kiss him at the end?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Ronson produced Locked Out Of Heaven and some other tracks. It isn't the first time, his album Versions was him ft. Amy Winehouse, Santogold, ODB, etc. I don't think it is unreasonable for the guy who did 90% of the legwork and has the track for his album going first.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Didn't Iggy like JUST do the Bad Blood video?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

RevKrule posted:

New Giorgio Moroder album is incredible. Lots of different hotness on it (Sia, Charli XCX, Kylie, Foxes) and he creates a song that fits their style perfectly. If you even have a passing interest in Moroder, it's a must listen. If you didn't like his match up with Britney for a remake of Tom's Diner, it's the weakest song on the album so don't worry.

Love Deja Vu and the Kylie song but Diamonds isn't doing anything for me. Not a bad album overall.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Slandible posted:

I use to follow Pitchforks views, but it feels like there are a handful of artists that can do no wrong in their eye, while everything else is under a micro scope.

Ever since they pointed out that you can hear the Get Lucky riff in almost every track, I can't unhear it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Twigs is more in a lane with The Weeknd than Lana.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

The first single was I Really Like You and not the title track for some dumb reason.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Escobarbarian posted:

Dunno if there's another thread where this is being discussed but the new Weeknd is out there now and at least the first 10 tracks are very good

Definitely a solid disc, it is in no way really cohesive but each track is individually pretty dope.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Tay Tay is on that MJ release 90% of the album as singles and just ride the cash poo poo

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

This kind of feels like Lana's least accessible album yet. It isn't grabbing me the way the first two did but I'm hoping it grows on me. It is like a noir take on the Beach Boys.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Atma McCuddles posted:

I LOVE "Salvatore" but it seems to be really divisive. This album feels slower than Ultraviolence, but Lana can write a great slow song so that's not a bad thing.

Slower is definitely the word for it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Really confused how Ryan Adams can just re-do Tay's whole album and still charge for it?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

RIP to Ellie Goulding who has about 3 weeks to get a hit before Adele loving bodyslams her.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

interpunct posted:

Her promotional appearances have made no god drat sense. The day after the US release of Emotion, she played an early afternoon acoustic set in a Brooklyn record store, did a meet and greet and then immediately flew out to Minnesota to do the same thing at the Mall of America that very evening.

Having recently moved to nearby Iowa, the Mall of America actually has a poo poo ton of people in it at any given time.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My brain started flowing into Royals during Send My Love and now I can't unhear it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

All this Ri talk but the new Sia album is out there and it is pretty loving fun. The Adele track is better than 85% of 25.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Uptown Funk gon give it 2 ya... hopefully with consent

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I have a feeling Sony is gonna want more than $2 million at this point, but that is just me?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

yes i'm a g from the a and they ask y

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Good track, Chance really fits well and shines as usual.

Still can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on CRJ tickets for this Friday at Terminal 5.

Hold out for the show at Pinkberry

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

New Dawn Richard ep out apparently. Looking forward to it after work.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

New Ariana Grande is out and I'm enjoying it. Not sure why she is so hung up on the word dangerous though.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

That Biebs One Dance Remix is as close to pop perfection as it gets for me lately.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Nelly Furtado has had such a weird career

that girl u kno she act so tough tough tough

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I remember when Frank Ocean and The Weeknd were supposed to go head to head for years to come and now The Weeknd isn't even looking back.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Really glad I showed up to see all you guys making GBS threads on Store. :)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Seeing Sia tonight and really looking forward to it! Heard she does a few of her songs that were written for other artists in addition to her own.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

interpunct posted:

The video screens at the show air pre-taped dancing.

It is so closely sync'd that depending on where you're at you really had to try and look for it. Great show though, easily one of the best live sets I've seen.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

DC Murderverse posted:

Ultraviolence is real real good, especially the first half. It's a very mood dependent album, but when I want to listen to it nothing else will do.

edit: it sounds like if a Manson girl made an album and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible

I basically cut tracks 6-9 and include the B-Sides and it may as well be a masterpiece. Honeymoon was a drag comparatively and I don't expect her to every really come back from it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Agreed, there are a few alright tracks but nothing as good as the last album.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Wheat Loaf posted:

And just look at the British singles charts. Nine out of the top 10 songs are Ed Sheeran songs and most of them aren't even singles.

This is just the new age of streaming, whenever someone drops a new disc they try and tout this. After Starboy dropped, the Weeknd charted the entire album at one point.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Oh I believe it. The way playing shows was explained to me was that you do a tour as the opener to make connections and then immediately do another tour of the same loop as the main act. Selling records and radio helps I'm sure, but if you're decent and the crowds dig you, I imagine you could make a decent living just touring even as a relatively unknown act.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

i'm just posting from the store from the store

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

screenwritersblues posted:

And just in time for the release of Katy's new album, Taylor Swift decides to play nice and put all her music back on all streaming services.

Came here to post this, insanely next level petty and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

TDE finally got their poo poo together and dropped SZA's album which I've been enjoying quite a bit. Also you can stream Beth Ditto's solo disc over on the NPR site.