Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
That first link to the new Guardians rumors doesn't work, but, a follow up I found said

Wild Speculation posted:

Apparently the loss of Dwawyne Johnson has caused the casting call for Drax to change from more of an African-American role to one said to be more of an athletic Caucasian. Jason Momoa's named has also been said to be up for Drax at one time, but due to his recent flops might be ruled out.

Drax, for the record, is a hairless green behemoth. Think The Rock, only green and no hair. I don't know why that needs to be Caucasian, since he's green and hairless. Find the best actor, shave him and paint him green. I doubt people care about how dark the green is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Dacap posted:

Jon Benjamin as Rocket Raccoon

I don't think I've ever had as fast of a turn around on my opinion of a movie as I just had. I didn't care about this crazy rear end movie at all two minutes ago. But now? God drat, please be true. I know it won't be, but please be true anyway.

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

I once thought John DiMaggio would make a good Rocket Raccoon, but H. Jon Benjamin. Jesus Christ that would be fantastic :circlefap:

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Iron Man 3 ending rumor/possible spoiler combo http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/30/is-this-how-iron-man-3-ends/.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Drax, for the record, is a hairless green behemoth. Think The Rock, only green and no hair. I don't know why that needs to be Caucasian, since he's green and hairless. Find the best actor, shave him and paint him green. I doubt people care about how dark the green is.

I would imagine the issue is mostly that of voice.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

puppy party posted:

Iron Man 3 ending rumor/possible spoiler combo http://badassdigest.com/2013/01/30/is-this-how-iron-man-3-ends/.

I'm loving that armor

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Skwirl posted:

Marvel rumours are so rarely true. Remember when Alexander Skarsgard was going to play Thor, or when John Krasinski was going to be Captain America, or last week when JGL was going to be in Guardians. I would love to see H. Jon Benjamin as Rocket Raccoon

I don't think it's untrue that any of those guys were being considered though - they were, and then they were either rejected or removed themselves from consideration.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

puppy party posted:

I love how that entire ending is conjectured on a toy release. Has that ever been an accurate rubric for movie spoilers before?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

I love how that entire ending is conjectured on a toy release. Has that ever been an accurate rubric for movie spoilers before?

I read somewhere that unlike action figure manufacturers, the company that makes this particular toy never makes a toy of something that does not appear on screen in the film itself.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

New Iron Man 3 poster

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
That's pretty cool, wish there was a higher res picture. Bullet to the Head looks entertaining.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

PaganGoatPants posted:

That's pretty cool, wish there was a higher res picture. Bullet to the Head looks entertaining.

Ask and ye shall receive

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That's a good image. Like it a lot.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It reminds me of Icarus after he flew too close to the sun.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The MSJ posted:

I read somewhere that unlike action figure manufacturers, the company that makes this particular toy never makes a toy of something that does not appear on screen in the film itself.

Also, we know Guardians of the Galaxy is coming, so...makes sense.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole
Here's a teaser for a trailer of Iron Man 3 that will premiere during Super Bowl Sunday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N6tDt-A7ME

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Having a 15 second trailer for what's going to be a 30 second commercial is amazing.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

i like tacos posted:

Here's a teaser for a trailer of Iron Man 3 that will premiere during Super Bowl Sunday

Having trailers for trailers is the worst loving thing.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

TetsuoTW posted:

Having trailers for trailers is the worst loving thing.

Not as bad as trailers for commercials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHmEo0Bx7Q

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

scary ghost dog posted:

Not as bad as trailers for commercials.

That's pretty much what it is. Super Bowl spots are usually around 30 seconds. Even as movie like Avengers only got about one minute.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DNS posted:

I don't think it's untrue that any of those guys were being considered though - they were, and then they were either rejected or removed themselves from consideration.

I think Marvel likes negotiating contracts through the rumor mill, so they leak a name in order to drive down the price of who they really want. Chris Hemsworth is playing hard ball, let him think they'll go with the dude from True Blood instead. Mostly I'm just pointing out the high proportion of false to true rumors when it comes to Marvel films.

mfaley
Jul 30, 2005
Most rape is bad
Hearing that The Rock is out for Guardians is cause for sadness.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Fishylungs posted:

If I forgot anything let me know!

Speed Racer, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Cowboys Versus Aliens, and Dredd!

Edit: A History of Violence counts too, right? And Whiteout but I saw neither of these. I saw 30 Days of Night but I shortly blacked out afterwards

Armani fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 31, 2013

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

mfaley posted:

Hearing that The Rock is out for Guardians is cause for sadness.

The Rock and Jim Carrey should be in every comic book movie. The Rock is charming, and Jim Carrey's chin is beautifully crafted.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Skwirl posted:

I think Marvel likes negotiating contracts through the rumor mill, so they leak a name in order to drive down the price of who they really want. Chris Hemsworth is playing hard ball, let him think they'll go with the dude from True Blood instead. Mostly I'm just pointing out the high proportion of false to true rumors when it comes to Marvel films.

Yeah, you could be onto something there.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Armani posted:

Speed Racer, Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, Cowboys Versus Aliens, and Dredd!

Edit: A History of Violence counts too, right? And Whiteout but I saw neither of these. I saw 30 Days of Night but I shortly blacked out afterwards

Speed Racer isn't a comic movie, it's the same reason Pacific Rim isn't listed. I pulled the ones I listed from discussions from the previous thread about the history of comic book movies. Except Persepolis which I picked for it's uniqueness set against every else listed in the OP; It's a foreign animated autobiography.

Not to say I would shoot down any film people would want listed in the OP, discussion of past comic movies is what I was hoping to encourage.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Well isn't Iron Man with the Guardians in the comics right now? Given that, and given Iron Man is really the Marvel cash cow, it sort of makes sense.

EDIT: spoiled just to be safe.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

i like tacos posted:

Nothing really new, aside from Rhodes being the one in that red/white/blue armor which was probably already known already.

Hames
May 7, 2007

jscolon2.0 posted:

There was a toyline for X-Men Origins: Wolverine which had a pale, mouthless figure with arm-blades listed as "Deadpool" some time before the film came out, leading to everyone on the forum (correctly) predicting that it would be a terrible idea to make Deadpool end up like that.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I know you all want to think that Marvel will actually throw a ton of marketing force behind Guardians, but I can't believe they'd use up one of RDJ's contractual appearances on it, toy or no toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

I know you all want to think that Marvel will actually throw a ton of marketing force behind Guardians, but I can't believe they'd use up one of RDJ's contractual appearances on it, toy or no toy.

Easy, he never opens the helmet and it's a voice only gig.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

Unless the plot of Guardians is Tony getting captured by Thanos and the titular heroes busting him out.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Do we know what his contract includes? Was it just for IM 3 and the next Avengers? Also, while they could get RDJ, there's nothing exactly stopping them from just showing the armor in one of the post credits codas or something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Doesn't he get a cut of the profits for any movie he appears in as Tony Stark? I bet he'd have no issues with it.

Plus of course Marvel's gonna throw a poo poo load of marketing force and pull out all the stops--including RDJ's face--when it comes to Guardians. No one knows who the hell they are and surprisingly Marvel is anchoring their next "phase", or whatever bullshit they're calling it, with this movie so they pretty much will be doing whatever they can to try to sell it.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look at this dapper mofo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Teek posted:

Do we know what his contract includes? Was it just for IM 3 and the next Avengers? Also, while they could get RDJ, there's nothing exactly stopping them from just showing the armor in one of the post credits codas or something.

Avengers 2 is the last movie covered by his existing deal.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Look at this dapper mofo.

Huh, they actually look metal.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

Huh, they actually look metal.

In all of the movies but Origins (I don't think it used this technique anyway) he actually usually has either metal or rubber physical claws, and the CG is used to make it look like they're coming out of his hand and not strapped onto it. It seems like they're back to using that, or they got a way better CG house than did Origins.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Didn't see this mentioned. I'm not a comic reader so I have no idea if she's "right" for the part...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-captain-america-sequel-has-found-its-female-le,91933/

Emily VanCamp is the new romantic interest for Captain America. This after considering Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Alison Brie (of Alison Brie fame) among others. I haven't seen her in anything but Revenge, but it's my opinion that she is one of the most lifeless, bland, charisma-free actors I've ever seen. She's just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I haven't seen her in anything but Revenge, but it's my opinion that she is one of the most lifeless, bland, charisma-free actors I've ever seen. She's just there.

Yeah, on a melodramatic show, she's weirdly flat.

• Locked thread