Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
They should just get the same guy to play both Quicksilvers and not acknowledge it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

computer parts posted:

They should just get the same guy to play both Quicksilvers and not acknowledge it at all.

That would be great, especially if he's a more conventional villain in one and a hero in the other. With the exact same costume. It'd be like comics where you buy a cross over because you like a character, but he just acts likes a petulant rear end.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

computer parts posted:

No, Marvel should take a page from DC and cast one of the X-Men as their Quicksilver. Fox will be forced to once again kill off a character in a petulant hissy fit. Come on Fastbender or McAvoy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I prefer further riling up people expecting a crossover by casting actors of completely different ethnicity.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

The MSJ posted:

I prefer further riling up people expecting a crossover by casting actors of completely different ethnicity.

We could get Halle Berry to be Marvel's Quicksilver and just check all the boxes I guess.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

Gyges posted:

No, Marvel should take a page from DC and cast one of the X-Men as their Quicksilver. Fox will be forced to once again kill off a character in a petulant hissy fit. Come on Fastbender or McAvoy.

I blanked, what are you referencing? It sounds hilarious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AGirlWonder posted:

Cyclops in The Last Stand. He was killed off because James Marsden followed Bryan Singer to be in Superman Returns.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

AGirlWonder posted:

My understanding is the reason Cyclops died off screen in the opening moments of X-Men 3 was because Masden had the audacity to go and play a character in that traitor Singer's Superman. Which was of course only a problem because FOX moved up production on X-Men to compete with Superman, or some other such nonsense.

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010

The MSJ posted:

Cyclops in The Last Stand. He was killed off because James Marsden followed Bryan Singer to be in Superman Returns.

Right. Ugh, I'd blocked that all out. Thanks, though!

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He was also the best part of Superman Returns.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gyges posted:

My understanding is the reason Cyclops died off screen in the opening moments of X-Men 3 was because Masden had the audacity to go and play a character in that traitor Singer's Superman. Which was of course only a problem because FOX moved up production on X-Men to compete with Superman, or some other such nonsense.

I don't think they moved up production because of Superman, production was rushed because if they take too long between X-Men films the rights revert back to Marvel.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

computer parts posted:

I wouldn't mind that. It worked for the not in same continuity Justice League and Teen Titan cartoon using the same voice for Speedy and Flash, but no connection between the two other then the same voice and in the case of Speedy, appearance.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was also the best part of Superman Returns.

There's a feather in your cap.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I don't think they moved up production because of Superman, production was rushed because if they take too long between X-Men films the rights revert back to Marvel.

Right, it's pretty much the same case that Sony has with Marvel.

Though, I don't know how upset Marvel/Disney would be if Fox lost rights to X-Men. :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Not necessarily. At least in the sense that they took like 4 years between The Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins and there wasn't any real talk about the rights reverting to Marvel, and there were five years between Spider-Man 3 and ASM. Plus there's been even longer between Rise of the Silver Surfer and Fox's Reboot of The Fantastic Four. Whatever the terms of that deal seem to be, it's not solely based on time elapsed.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I think they have to be at least believably working on progressing forward with a new film, right? That's why once talks on that Daredevil reboot fell through, the rights went back to Marvel, I think.

Tripwyre
Mar 25, 2007

#RXT REVOLUTION~!

:ughh:

future scoopin'...

Travis343 posted:

I think they have to be at least believably working on progressing forward with a new film, right? That's why once talks on that Daredevil reboot fell through, the rights went back to Marvel, I think.

My understanding was that Fox intentionally let the Daredevil rights lapse as a favour to Marvel so they could get an extension on the Fantastic Four rights.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Skwirl posted:

It absolutely wasn't that. As soon as Singer and WB announced that Superman Returns was coming out at the end of June, Tom Rothman at Fox got hellbent on rushing The Last Stand out by May. That aggressive schedule was what caused Vaughn to bail -- he wasn't at all happy with the script that Kinberg and Penn had written, and he wanted time to rewrite it or bring another writer in, but that would have pushed production past the July 2005 start date needed to make the May release window.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Skwirl posted:

In this case, it was both.

Edit: ^^What he said.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's Winter Soldier. If you don't want to see him, don't hover over the spoiler!

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Deadpool posted:

Here's Winter Soldier. If you don't want to see him, don't hover over the spoiler!

MAN GUY IMAGE

wow, he actually looks pretty loving great.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Neowyrm posted:

wow, he actually looks pretty loving great.

Yeah he does. I kinda don't like the mouth mask thing, hasn't his mask always been the opposite with the eyes covered? what happens if he has to sneeze??

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My guess is one of two things:

1. It's his pre-liberation mask, and we'll see the domino look when he's regained control over himself

2. Marvel just couldn't figure out how to make a Domino mask not look goofy.

What has me really interested is that in the original story Cap liberates Bucky via the Cosmic Cube. Avengers has made that kind-of impossible unless they want to be contrived and either involve Asgard or pull some "other cube" out of their asses. So how's the mind-liberation going to go down?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

1. It's his pre-liberation mask, and we'll see the domino look when he's regained control over himself

What has me really interested is that in the original story Cap liberates Bucky via the Cosmic Cube. Avengers has made that kind-of impossible unless they want to be contrived and either involve Asgard or pull some "other cube" out of their asses. So how's the mind-liberation going to go down?

He's going to hit him in the head REALLY hard.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
He's going to scream "I believe in you, fight it!" or "I know it's you in there!" 20 times.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Deadpool posted:

It looks like they're gonna CGI in at least the elbow joint of his robot arm, which is a little odd. I'd think that a good looking robot arm wouldn't be that difficult for the costume department.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 10, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Red Bones posted:

It looks like they're gonna CGI in at least the elbow joint of his robot arm, which is a little odd. I'd think that a good looking robot arm wouldn't be that difficult for the costume department.

It's probably less about the difficulty for the costume/prop department and more of how much of a pain in the rear end it would be to perform choreography fights / act with one attached over your entire arm.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Someone on Neogaf posted a clipping supposedly from a Scottish newspaper that reveals who Karen Gillan will play in Guardians of The Galaxy. It's apparently the Gaiman-created immigrant from Image Comics, Angela. (not a plot spoiler, I just don't want to ruin the surprise)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580889

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Someone on Neogaf posted a clipping supposedly from a Scottish newspaper that reveals who Karen Gillan will play in Guardians of The Galaxy. It's apparently the Gaiman-created immigrant from Image Comics, Angela. (not a plot spoiler, I just don't want to ruin the surprise)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580889

:stare: Well...they're not wasting any time, are they?

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Red Bones posted:

nah the people who unthawed him/ gave him his robitty arm just have a really low budget.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Warner Bros has already begun production of a Man of Steel sequel, with both director Zach Snyder and writer David S. Goyer signed on. Christopher Nolan's status on this project is still unknown.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of-steel-sequel-underway-with-zack-snyder-and-david-s-goyer/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm not even a little surprised as the film has already made it's budget back in ticket presales.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Looking forward to Superman having to suppress an insidious anti-corporate protest in the sequel.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Neowyrm posted:

nah the people who unthawed him/ gave him his robitty arm just have a really low budget.

Well they are Russians so this is actually entirely possible.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

Cap is going to give him a heartwarming speech about how awesome America is, I mean yeah, we have our problems, but we defeated Fascism and invented Rock and Roll.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

And then, they shall finally kiss.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Yeah Captain America is really good at beating someone up and then gently explaining to them why they're wrong.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

Neowyrm posted:

Which is more expensive, a CGI arm or a costume arm?

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Kurzon posted:

CGI, I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kurzon posted:

Depends on how good the costume arm is. If they want a really good one, they can pay out the rear end, but you could get a lovely one for cheap.

• Locked thread