Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheJoker138 posted:

That doesn't happen till the very end of the book, so if anything, expect an Owen cameo at most.

Ya so we will see him for maybe 10-15 minutes and also expect him to be in another story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

All the 300 sequel needs to do is steal the majority of the cast + writers and directors from the STARZ series Spartacus and I'll be good to go.

Well Doctore was in Spartacus, but he did die by getting kicked in the well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The rings have been alien technology since the character was introduced, which would serve as a lead-in to the space/Guardians of the Galaxy stuff.

The end could be him going into space trying to find where it comes from and then meets a Raccoon that is voiced by H. Jon Benjamin

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Soulwrangler posted:

Reading through this thread and all of the current Marvel Phase 2/3 news/rumors/ideas really, really, reaaaaaaally makes me wish Disney would've just played a little more hardball and got the Spider-Man and (at the very least) Fantastic Four rights back. I know Spider-Man is about impossible for the immediate future (outside of some apparent Who Framed Roger Rabbit type world blending shenanigans) but Fantastic Four should've been relatively easy and "low cost" to re-obtain. Getting Daredevil back under the Marvel banner is awesome and all but Fantastic Four and their space adventures is just a missed opportunity for Phase 2/3.

It would be really hard for them to get those. After seeing how much money The Marvel movies made they would see potential cash with keeping the Fantastic Four. They also gave them back the animated rights to the characters they owned and that is something that Marvel/Disney also wanted.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yoshifan823 posted:

Burt Macklin, FBI has a new top secret mission.

(I am going to be in line for this movie on day loving one)

Lets not forget that its a mission were his partner is a talking raccoon

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fishylungs posted:

I think the thing that does undercut it though is that it's a last-second reveal. "Oh, you thought I was in charge? NOPE!" I mean, I'm not sure how you'd craft it well around what's already a dense story, but just some sort of hint at the fact he's second-in-command might help. You right that it doesn't really make Bane himself less of a character. But I think ultimately the density of the story is what really brings it down.

But on a less well-trodden note, I rewatched Sin City the other day, and it's as good as the first time I watched it. I'm hoping Sin City 2 does right by it.

Its not. It contains new Frank Miller material .

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Looks like they cast Puck
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/peter-dinklage-joining-x-men-421517?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, there are other loving midgets out there Hollywood!

You can see them all in the classic film Tiptoes. My favorite one is Gary Oldman on his knees.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Is the Iron Patriot thing from the comics? I actually like the name over War Machine because it actually seems like a euphenism the military would use, like "Operation Iraqi Freedom."

Yes he is from the comics. When Norman Osborn became the director of SHIELD due to Secret Invasion he decided to create his own Avengers. He was Iron Patriot, (a mix of Iron Man and Cap and wearing Iron Man armor, Spider-man (Scorpion Venom), Hawkeye (Bullseye) Ms Marvel (Moonstone), and Wolverine (Wolverine's son, don't ask)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Er, so who was powerful enough to be "Sentry"?

The Void

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The MSJ posted:

No, MODOK still has his rights with Marvel. MODOKs are never primarily X-men characters.

Also AIM is going to be in Iron Man 3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

enigma105 posted:

I love this because everyone is pretending to be someone else, except Ares. Thor? Bah, I'm Ares :black101:

Ares in the Marvel Universe is incredible. He is even better when he is dealing with his brother Hercules.

If only they would make an Incredible Hercules movie

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

It's kind of funny how the character progressed from the start. The Hood had a different theme to him compared to what Bendis turned him into and Ares' first story was about a Father and his Son and Ares making a life in the modern world. On the other hand I think Greg Pak is fantastic (I do believe that's his characterization in those panels).

It was Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente. Also the Ares miniseries is fucken awesome and also leads into the awesome Secret Warriors. Man I would love them to make that series into a movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Latino Review is saying that Jason Momoa is the pick for Drax. That's pretty spot on as far as I'm concerned. I didn't care much for Conan, but he wasn't the problem in it.

http://latino-review.com/2013/02/15/exclusive-marvel-drax-destroyer-guardians-galaxy/

Good choice he was basically Drax in Stargate Atlantis.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I think a lot of people were offended by its casual racism & sexism as well as its tacit approval of hideous violence.

Myself, I found it too stone-loving-stupid to bother getting worked up over.

The only good thing to come from that film is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvP7TLnkiB4

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Firstborn posted:

As gay as I am for Kurt Russel, I actually kind of liked the shlock that was Lockout, and think Guy would make a fine Snake.

I don't understand the need for all the different armor in Iron Man 3... will he really change them 2-3 times through the course of the movie, or is it to sell action figures? I am aware that Tony has multiple suits, but really, crammed in to one film?

If it is anything like the comic he finds his old armor is useless and is destroyed by a terrorist that has taken extremis, so he has to create new armor to stop him. He also has diffrent armer for diffrent purposes.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PeterWeller posted:

I wouldn't call it a good thing. It's pretty depressing watching that dude spiral out of control and treat his friends like total garbage.

It made sure that his career was over before it begain. Then he destroyed it more with Boondock Saints 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Throwdown posted:

Watching Punisher War Zone again... I love this movie, gently caress the haters.

That movie taught me what should be done to anyone who parkour

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yonic Symbolism posted:

If Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen can take their roles as characters named Professor X and Magneto with psychic/magnet powers seriously, Halle Berry should be able to take her role as Storm seriously :colbert:

Patrick Stewart is a horrible Professor X

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Fishylungs posted:

You know, despite initially being really jazzed for the musical, I never heard a thing from it. I wonder if any of the songs from that would fit the bill.

The musical is something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TazzANR8Y

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I'm not much of a fan of Matt Fraction's run, but the Daniel and Charles Knauf run had a really cool modern Mandarin story that also ties in with Extremis. I wonder if the new movie takes anything from it.

Yes they had an awesome storyline with him, and it was more of him as an evil buisnessman and not Yellow Peril.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

If it is the version where he grafted the rings to his back and spine and looked modern....yeah that was pretty cool.

Yep. It was written by the Knauf who also created Carnivale.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Darko posted:

The only issue is that it moves the culpability away from Robin, and undercuts a lot of the rest of the movie. I think the censoring was because a kid literally shot and killed The Joker onscreen in a show being shown to kids as opposed to him dying slightly offscreen after slipping on a banana peel.

The censoring was due to Columbine

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

Kick rear end 2 looks like it's sticking WAY too close to the comics. I was hoping they'd drop poo poo like "The Motherfucker" along with the gang rape of Kick rear end' girlfriend and his father's death. But looking at the trailer there are a bunch of scenes from those sequences in there, so unless they're changing the specifics while keeping the framework it looks like we might finally get a Mark Millar rear end Mark Millar movie. And this is not a good thing as without an editor he writes like a hyperactive 14 year old trying to be "edgy."

One of those things spoiled the actor said was not going to be in the movie. So unless they changed their minds then that will thankfully will not be in the film.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

It was like two years after Columbine.

It was released the year after and due to the outrage about violence due to it they were forced to make the changes.

Here you go
[url][http://screenrant.com/kick-rear end-2-movie-rape-scene-johnh-187659/[/url]

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

tut posted:

I think it's a much bigger get than Anthony Hopkins. Hopkins is great, but this is Robert loving Redford.

Who might he be playing?

The article says a higher up in SHIELD, so it could be an original character.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

McSpanky posted:

I'm not even sure if Iron Man's had 40 armors in his entire comics history, drat.

Here is some of his armors and I am sure there are more that he didn't save

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Crackbone posted:

First, I'd say tradition doesn't excuse objectification of women. My mother's family used the slang name for Brazil nuts for decades but that doesn't mean she should be okay with it.

The issue of not "getting" a character or doing a poor redesign for bad reasons, sure I get that. But that happens all the time. When the new 52 came out they redesigned all the characters to some extent, and plenty of those redesigns were poor. But what's problematic is only the female characters are reverting back to their old skin-flick designs (WW, Power girl), while the men aren't. Similarly, the male characters in skimpy outfits generally get more cloth over the years - Robin and Aquaman come to mind, and there has been little fuss about it.

The problem was everyone was redesigned by Jim Lee

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

If the Marvel movies keep making bank I would fast-track this just to give the middle finger to Time-Warner.

They should also try to get the rights to Supreme and make a movie based off that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rough Lobster posted:

This is precisely why I love Namor. "There are foes left unvanquished and women left unpleasured. I must go." ~Namor 2013

You know that when he finally gets Sue in the sack he will be recording it and sending it to Reed weekly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jamesman posted:

"No more mutants" aaaaaaand problem solved.

Also I really hope they go the Ultimate direction with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. Game of Thrones that poo poo up, Marvel!

Wolverine is going to bang both mother and daughter and then daughter creates dinosaurs?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

Yesss...though it won't happen I kinda do want the creepy Millar Witch and Quicksilver vibe. Do something creepy Marvel. If we can't get Sins Past in the Spider-man movies (that would rule) then let's have this with subtext handled by Joss Whedon. It'd be amazing.

You want to see Tommy Lee Jones or Chris Cooper bang Emma Stone?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gatts posted:

Not so much the actual banging. Admittedly it won't carry the same weight. But in comics the way Gwen was raised to be this all perfect symbol of Peter's love or something it was kind of amazing to experience how creeped out I was by a comic and that they had the guts to do it. Like, that actually made me feel dirty reading a comic. It was kind of cool a comic made me feel that way outside of something like getting a lump in my throat at something like Kingdom Come's climax when I was a kid.

Looking back its not shocking

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Completely forgot that Pratt is the lead in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm glad hes getting more roles beyond Zero Dark Thirty. I'm just afraid I'll be seeing Andy or Bert Macklin any time he tries to put on a serious face.

Just hope this does not happen

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Throwdown posted:

In my search for TMNT news I stumbled across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-m0fA8MKQ

What the gently caress?

Want to piss of the guys who made TMNT? Mention the female turtle.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Renoistic posted:

Maybe he leaves the team for a while ? It wouldn't be the first time.

He is hanging out in a bathtub

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

TMNT was a satire of all the stupid crazes in late 80s/early 90s comics (orientalism re: ninjitsu, anthropomorphic animals, teen drama) whose satire was lost on the children of America and in turn became an unironic franchise about turtles who were indeed ninjas, mutants, and teenagers.

This is a franchise that cannot be ruined because there is nothing sincere to ruin. If ~real 90s kids~ are mad that Megan Fox is playing April O'Neil then their opinion is worth less than nothing.

It was a huge rib on Frank Miller's Daredevil. Where they were created at the same time as Matt Murdoch was blinded and stick = splinter, Hand = Foot.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Error 404 posted:

As long as they put in some throwaway line about Nick Fury being an rear end in a top hat who ruined his Cap trading cards, I'll be happy.

(Continuity or whatever be damned, I'm one of the people excited for this and Coulson)

They said in the movie that his cards were found in his locker.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah, and Fury put blood all over them to make it look like Coulson had them on him when he was stabbed.

I am almost positive Hill said they found his cards when they cleaned out his locker so the ones showed to Cap were diffrent ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

I thought the implication was that Coulson didn't die with the cards on his person and that Fury bloodied the ones from his locker as a prop.

Oh wait I was wrong.

• Locked thread