Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I want a month with Bale's personal trainer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Seth Green was the best part of Sex Drive.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Waffles Inc. posted:

(Let me preface this with the fact that, while problematic, I love the Iron Man movies and am a huge comic book geek)

What I love most about the trailer and the movie so far is the continuing of the ultra "OOH RAH" Randian ubermensch and USA GO GO GO feeling of the first two seems in full force in this one as well, with the added hilarity of the symbol of capitalism using literal drones to fight a pan-asian villain.

It's delicious.

Yeah, I've always loved how Iron Man and Cap are both so GO AMERICA! but in often completely incompatible ways.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The stars and planets aligned for the first Iron Man movie.

The fact that Jeff Bridges just said 'man' like that makes me really happy

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Hellbunny posted:

That, and all the good conservative films(Red Dawn,300, battle: Los Angeles) are pretty much as anti imperialist as can be. Or to paraphrase the poo poo out of SMG:"[these fillms show that]...some conservatives have lovely values, but they are nonetheless valuable allies against imperialism". Iron Mon, on the other hand, LOVES imperialism to the point where Tony Stark makes snide remarks about terrorists living in caves...that turn out to be completely correct, since the terrorists to live in caves etc etc.

It's extra funny regarding the Mandarin, because while the racism of the character is deplorable, if the movie actually had the balls to say"no, the Mandarin is an evil chinese dude that get support from the chinese government, which is also evil, incidentally"it would have been a genuinely ballsy and inspiring call to arms for the actually important values of liberalism(freedom of speech,liberty etc). Instead we get Ben Kingsley playing a weird frankenstein esque mishmash of every minority group that has ever gone against america, specifically to make the movie acceptable in China.

Jesus christ this movie looks bad.

My feeling is is that its less what you said and maybe the fact that EVIL CHINAMAN is both recognizably racist and is probably not as powerful imagery as when the character first appeared.

Jesus Christ this movie looks great!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'd watch this. I'd watch the HELL out of this.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

That looks loving awesome.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

Quicksilver was awesome because he was the first character that I read as a kid who was an outright dick to everyone. Wolverine sort of tried but he always had good intentions. Quicksilver was just a cocky, impatient motherfucker to everyone and I was like 'woah, you can be an rear end in a top hat and a hero'.

I assume he was a hero at some point, he fought bad guys sometimes right.

This is precisely why I love Namor. "There are foes left unvanquished and women left unpleasured. I must go." ~Namor 2013

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Life Model Decoys, along with clones, are among several lovely plot devices that I hope never end up in the movies.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

It's genuinely hard not to be entertained when he plays Wolverine. I'll see it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Neowyrm posted:

nah the people who unthawed him/ gave him his robitty arm just have a really low budget.

Well they are Russians so this is actually entirely possible.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Yeah Captain America is really good at beating someone up and then gently explaining to them why they're wrong.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

BILL MURRAY because why not.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

I wish they would ditch the cowl. Even the lovely Avengers costume looked ok with the cowl down. It's not like he needs to keep his identity a secret or anything.

Do you think this A on my head stands for...oh poo poo I left that at home.

Seriously though, you need the mask for Captain America. It's like having Superman without a cape. Sure it could be pulled off, but why when you can make it work? I think Cap's original outfit from The Ultimates #1 or whatever (which is clearly the inspiration between the The First Avenger's flawed but ok design during the rescue mission) is really perfect. It's my favorite out of any design ever. Google it!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Honestly, that makes sense. I never really thought Thanos was gonna be the main villain in Avengers two, he's too much of a step up over the first films bad guys. I could easily see them saving him for the last movie in a trilogy

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Here's how the new Cap helmet look from the side.

I think the helmet, and the costume as a whole, looks pretty good. For you helmet haters it looks like Cap won't always be in this outfit as evidenced by the trailers.

Also loving that GotG pic.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

It's the plaid that really sells it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Away all Goats posted:

It took 3 movies, but Cap finally bounces his shield off two guys and catches it :hellyeah:

He did that in Avengers to Iron Man and Thor. It was pretty funny too because it was like a light, "Hey knock that off" move.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Cap 2 was drat good, y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I loving love the Spectre. The metalest of all heroes.

• Locked thread