Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Electromax posted:

Jackie Chan, with a climax fight involving him and non-suited RDJ engaging in crazy prop stunts and physical comedy.

I get what you mean, but I'd totally watch this. The mental image of Jackie Chan and RDJ just playing off each other and being silly/themselves is making me smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Hey! Say what you will about the quality of effects, script, acting, directing, etc. But I will not hear a single word spoken against that amazing hair.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

bobkatt013 posted:

Want to piss of the guys who made TMNT? Mention the female turtle.

Yeah, what was the female turtle about? I thought they were just 4 dudes.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
As long as they put in some throwaway line about Nick Fury being an rear end in a top hat who ruined his Cap trading cards, I'll be happy.

(Continuity or whatever be damned, I'm one of the people excited for this and Coulson)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jay Dub posted:

God help me, I'm actually looking forward to an X-Men movie again.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

The MSJ posted:

Here's the full Agents of SHIELD trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3T-evQZiQo

Say what you will about Joss Whedon's strengths and weaknesses, but he does good TV and this concept seems to have waaaaaaay less creepy potential than stuff like Dollhouse.

I'm officially excited for this now.

E: I'm kinda getting a Fringe + superpowers vibe off of this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Jesus, that man's abs have abs. :stare:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

AGirlWonder posted:

Clearly, I've been emotionally scarred by Smallville.

Hopefully now the healing can begin.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
gently caress yes, I hope they do this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Travis343 posted:

Is there a reason goons suggest Michael Jai White for every single black superhero role, or

Dude was pretty cool in Spawn back in the day. In most of his roles he's basically used as a bargain Wesley Snipes anyway, with the addition that he's not insane or w/e.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Gatts posted:

Yes but think about Haitch as Doom. The ego is there, he thinks anyone in the same space as him is blessed by merely being together, he can monologue for 30 minutes about his greatness day in and out, he's the bestest at everything and do it all or so he thinks, he can politik with the best of them, makes snide backhanded comments, it'd be great.

"I've beaten them all, the Fantastic Four, Spider-man, Captain America..."

Too bad dude's an awful actor. Did nobody see him in Blade trinity?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, personally Cap is second only to Iron Man as my favorite Marvel movies.

After seeing the trailer for winter soldier I'm loving pumped! (Also I was never into Cap comics because I thought he was too goofy) I am also glad they're going with his, IMO, least goofy looking costume for this movie. Just goddamn I'm excited for this thing.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

Evans just nails what I think Cap should be. "This isn't freedom, this is fear."

Yeah, once I learned that Cap was more than rah rah :911: he's grown to be one of my favorite characters.

Edit: and Evans is such great casting, it doesn't ever get pointed out that he's as good as Cap as RDJ is the embodiment of Iron Man.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Crunk Abortion posted:

So if Paul Rudd and Rashida jones are in, who in the MCU does Jason Segel get to play?

Slyde.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shawarma was funny in Avengers, but I hope they don't make it a thing in more movies.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

It's in Lego Marvel. And it was all over my loving Facebook feed for three weeks after the film came out.

"LOOK HOW loving COOL I AM I'M EATING WHAT THE AVENGERS ATE ISN'T THAT AWESOME"

That's what I mean. It was a cute gag in the movie that got loving run into the ground because nerds ruin everything. It's as bad as "the cake is a lie" at this point.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I'm really hoping this is good. I was never a huge comics guy, before the movies started coming out I gave zero poo poo about Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, etc.

But I did used to read X Men.
The little comics nerd in me is really hoping they knock it out of the park this time.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, X2 is a pretty good genre movie with some flaws, the others have grown to be a big flaw with (very) occasional good parts.

Fox just has no idea how to make a superhero movie.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well as long as we're all doing it:

Iron Man
Iron Man 3
The Incredibles
The Dark Knight
X2

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Geekboy posted:

An adorable mess you make excuses for, but a mess nonetheless.

This exactly, I got my friends into it by describing it as basically "City of Heroes" the movie.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sir Kodiak posted:

There's still plenty of those to pick from in the latter half of the 20th century.

New Magneto should be Armenian or some other Balkan ethnicity.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I only even mentioned Armenian because I think Serj Tankian with a little grey in his hair would make a good "updated" magneto.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

BlackJosh posted:

But yeah, I guess jump him up to a Croat or Bosniak survivor of the Yugoslav wars, I guess wouldn't be the worst thing. Although I do like the Holocaust origin because it gives an extra ounce of sympathy to the bad guy, which I always like.

In the not too distant future, Magneto is a Darfur War Orphan.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Ashcans posted:

Just occurred to me this morning, but the best answer is to make him a Palestinian.

drat. Yes!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sir Kodiak posted:

In what universe is either Marvel or Fox up to the task of navigating the complexity of the Israel/Palestine conflict?

Herein lies :thejoke:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sir Kodiak posted:

To be fair, it was entirely plausible that someone would seriously suggest that.

It's honestly a compelling idea, it's just that no writer on earth, let alone a movie script, could ever pull it off. A modernized magneto would be better off going a different direction.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I thought it was amusing enough. I'm not a fan of Michael Cera at all, and disliked Scott Pilgrim the character so there was a bit of fun seeing an actor I hate play a character I hate.

I enjoyed the supporting cast quite a bit, and most of the jokes and scenes I liked and still remember most only involved Cera tangentially.
"He punched the highlights out of her hair!"
"Milk and eggs bitch."
Any scene involving Wallace, etc.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Sir Kodiak posted:

An alcoholic billionaire in a flying suit of power armor? No, I hardly remember anyone saying that would be boring.

Then you must have lost internet connection that year, general consensus all over was that it would be poo poo, and who the gently caress is Jon Favereau, and what has RDJ even done lately. Then it came out, and neckbeards everywhere suddenly always loved it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Colonel Whitey posted:

I'm all for discussing what's shown in the film and how the film is presented but too often these discussions spiral into personal politics and Zizek quotes and I'm not really interested in that.

This is a pretty good criticism of CineD as a whole.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rhyno posted:

No argument but the studio will say she's too old or some horseshit.

I'm not super well versed in WW, but isn't her mother the queen of the amazons?

That would be a great role for Lawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Movies aree food. Eat movie. Eat up the movie.

The movie is a milkshake. Drink it up.

• Locked thread