Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dacap posted:

Some GOTG casting rumors, including H. Jon Benjamin as Rocket Raccoon and The Rock as Drax

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi...h/news/?a=73443

If anything other than these happen I am going to be one of the most unhappy men on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

Chris Pratt is the best and this is awesome news. If the longshot rumor of H Jon Benjamin doing that raccoon's voice is true too then I'll be there day one.

And The Rock being Drax.

I love the fact Christ Pratt got Star Lord, it fits him perfectly as long as he loses some weight.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, sorry, I meant in his face. He really was swole as all hell for Zero Dark Thirty, but he still has that chubbiness in his cheeks. I mean honestly if he stays swole but doesn't lose the weight in his face it's not like I'm going to complain.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Not to backseat mod, but, the Dark Knight Rises thread is still open.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Jesus Christ, there are other loving midgets out there Hollywood!

Yeah, God forbid they hire a great actor who is blowing up right now because of Game of Thrones. Hollywood sure is dumb.
:rolleyes:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So hey, to all of you (okay just Rhyno) freaking out about the fact that that article said that Dinklage is playing Puck, looks like they were wrong, and just assumed.

Variety is reporting that he is going to play the film's main antagonist.

gently caress yes.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Play the lead in a movie.

Memento?

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Yeah, if he wanted to just say "hey this movie influenced me" he would just give the blu-ray cover/poster, not a specific shot from the movies.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

See: The Green Lantern

There's almost no superhero comics for which this isn't true, though. All I mean is The Mandarin is not a particularly memorable or distinctive character even for people who read comics, they can do whatever they want with the character and almost certainly come up with something better than the character in the comics.

Fraction did a really good job with Mandarin in the Invincible Iron Man Annual #1 that he did, but I never read much of his IIM after that so I don't know if he squandered it or not (he probably did).

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Which we're talking about in the Man of Steel thread.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Hiddleston apparently loved Kid Loki. I don't think there would be any child actor that could pull it off. Just give Kid Loki's personality to Hiddleston and I bet he can pull it off.

I think Asa Butterfield would be pretty good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I'd kill to see the entirety of Rango before they animate it. Every time I see a clip of it I just sit there and wish they had included it on the blu-ray.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

The MSJ posted:

The Rock was also pretty good in Fast 5, and he was the latest addition in an already large cast.

He's easily easily the best part of Pain & Gain, which is saying a lot.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Gatts posted:

They are filming in cleveland close to where I work. I might try to see if I can get around the set.

If you're talking about Captain America, apparently they've had to move the shooting onto soundstages right now because of all the people taking pictures.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So in other "Holy poo poo Guardians of the Galaxy" casting news, Doctor Who companion Karen Gillen has joined as the film's unnamed lead female villain.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Some websites are now reporting that they might recast her completely due to the fact Woodley is now involved in some book series' Hollywood adaptations, which would most likely ruin her schedule for ASM3.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So Armie Hammer (The Social Network, The Lone Ranger) visited the set of Captain America 2 the other day, apparently with Edgar Wright, and gave some dodgy answers about being the star of Ant-Man.
http://screenrant.com/armie-hammer-ant-man-captain-america-2/

I'd love to see Armie and Edgar Wright together, this would be pretty great casting. Obviously it's just a lot of silly responses right now, but who knows. He's already started working with Disney for Lone Ranger, maybe he'll get this too.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So Vin Diesel, through his Facebook, just said that Marvel has contacted him. Nothing definitive, obviously, but still interesting.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Vin said today at the Riddick panel that Marvel was going to have a huge announcement that involves him soon.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I said it in the other thread in BSS, but Djimon Hounsou apparently let it slip that Thanos was in GotG according to the reports I read. So that tells me they're probably building him up for Avengers 3.

Also, concept art!

Mockup Chris Pratt Starlord looks awesome.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Wish they had kept the red and brighter yellow in the Nova suit. It looks really bland, when I feel like they should be going all-out with it in this movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Devour posted:

The point I was making is that I would have preferred someone with a commanding screen presence to assume the role. Dinklage just doesn't have that, in villainous roles or especially when competing with the likes of Mckellen & Stewart on screen. Given this, the eventual confrontation with Dinklage's character onscreen with said actors will probably fall flat, in terms of tension. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

This is the most :psyduck: post I have read in CD in a long, long time.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I've been interested since they put Alan Taylor as the director, and I can definitely see his style in that trailer. I really like some of the shots and the way they're composed; I'm cautiously excited.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

That and the fact things like this are made specifically to be exclusive to the ComicCon crowd, to incentivize them to buy a ticket next year.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Hahaha this movie is gonna be awesome.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Jesus, you can barely even tell that's Christopher Eccleston under all of that.

Also his eyes look really stupid.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Gatts posted:

I don't think anyone's implying Kanye has to act. He just has to show up on set and do his thing.

Preferably in his Anchorman 2 getup:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

See - THAT is how you do a left-field casting choice. Although this makes me wonder if Ultron is going to get laid.

I still think Glenn Close and John C. Reily were further left-field, but this is pretty far out there.

And I like it.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Bradley Cooper is officially Rocket Raccoon.
http://bit.ly/19TCQzD

Sad it's not John Benjamin, but Bradley Cooper has a great acting range and I think he'll pull it off well.
Also holy poo poo the cast of this movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Katee Sackhoff of BSG fame might be up for Captain Marvel.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGg3fhYJHQ

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Tripwyre posted:

For anyone who missed it, you're not missing much. It's a series of quotes from The Avengers and maybe a handful of other Marvel movies, with a visual revolving around what looks like smashed-up Iron Man armour that slowly reveals itself to be (likely a very rough mock-up of) Ultron's head. It's not all that interesting.

teagone posted:

Yeah, I deleted that article from moviepilot since the video got taken down. You can still watch the entire video that I used in that article (which includes Joss Whedon's Comic-Con announcement) on an iPhone/iPad using the JARVIS app.

It's still up.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Paul Rudd as Ant-Man in an Edgar Wright movie just sounds loving magical in every way. If I didn't love Marvel Cosmic and James Gunn (and Chris Pratt... and Karen Gillen... and...) I'd say that it's easily my most anticipated Marvel movie.

Winter Soldier trailer looks really solid. I liked Captain America a lot the first time, less so on rewatches, but this one defintely looks like it's going for a more political movie, and it looks like it's doing it pretty well instead of heavy-handing it. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it looks like Marvel might have realized some of the problems in Phase One and are letting the directors do what they have to do to make a good movie, not just an Avengers tie-in.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 25, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Oh man, that footage of The Collector is amazing. I didn't think I needed another reason to be pumped for Guardians of the Galaxy, but here we are.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Superman/Batman is going to be a trainwreck and I can't wait.

I just hope it's a fun trainwreck, not a Green Lantern "jesus this is just loving dumb and boring" trainwreck.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

I'm sure that GotG fans are going to hate the movie for not taking itself seriously.

Any fan who does this has literally never once read a Marvel Cosmic/GOTG comic.

I can't wait to see Karen "I-shaved-my-head-bald-for-this-part" Gillen in costume. I can't wait for Guardians. It's going to be ridiculous.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

berserker posted:

I'm going insane here for a GotG trailer. Super Bowl maybe?

Yeah, that's what everyone is guessing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I thought First Class looked like poo poo from every single one of the pictures that came out before it that didn't have Fassbender in them, and I ended up really enjoying that one.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

SO DOPE MAN.

I'm sorry you take your men-wearing-tights movies SUPER SERIOUSLY, but not all of us want that, and we watch them and have fun even if they don't follow THE CONTINUITY and aren't SUPERGRIMDARKSERIOUS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I don't know if you guys know but there are rumors Josh Gadd is gonna be The Thing.

• Locked thread