Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Neo Rasa posted:

Clive Owen plays Dwight McCarthy in the first Sin City. Josh Brolin is listed as Dwight McCarthy in this sequel, but Clive Owen is in the movie also, is this right? In the comics Dwight is physically destroyed and shot up by Manute, goes through some major surgery and returns as the same guy but with his hair grown out, did they decide this warranted two different actors?

I remember in the book the plastic surgery being extensive enough that he was completely unrecognizable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

feedmyleg posted:

He's wearing 10 rings in the trailer and in current continuity I believe the rings are closer to alien technology than magic, which was definitely opened up in Avengers, so who knows.

The rings have been alien technology since the character was introduced, which would serve as a lead-in to the space/Guardians of the Galaxy stuff.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, sorry, I meant in his face. He really was swole as all hell for Zero Dark Thirty, but he still has that chubbiness in his cheeks. I mean honestly if he stays swole but doesn't lose the weight in his face it's not like I'm going to complain.

He didn't, right after filming ZDT he had to put on about 60 lbs for another role.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

BrianWilly posted:

Alternately we could just try to imagine more and more amazing things Chris Pratt has done.

I heard he once choked out crocodile in the middle of a volcano.

Close, he actually ate a box of chocodiles covered in volcano sauce.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

LesterGroans posted:

My favourite part of that quote is that they consider knowing the post-credit scenes as "ruining" Captain America 2.

I think they mean ruin as in spoil. If the second post scene is real then it sounds like they're not revealing the Winter Soldier's true identity in Captain America 2

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Veg posted:

:swoon:

Hes pretty great. Feels like productions moving really fast on this one?

Can they really do a network show where the female lead dies every third episode?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh man, I wonder how many jokes about The Shocker's name will end up in the final script.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhyno posted:

Explain the rest of the wound then.

And that those scratches are too small and close together to be from Wolverine's claws.

From that picture it looks like a crazy electricity burn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

soapgish posted:

This, for miles and miles. And it wasn't paid, it was a contractural condition for Fox allowing Webb back for the Sony sequel. Smart for enemies of enemies to combine forces for a nemesis the likes of Disney, even if it is for segregated worlds.

From the sound of the press release it's less teaming up against a nemesis and more riding on coattails. The PR guy said that since everyone expects codas in Marvel films and Spider-Man is the next big Marvel film it was their duty to include something for the fans.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

People aren't happy about what he did to all those small men from the Lonely Mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I love the story about how Tom Jane was doing voice work and heard that they were recording dialogue for the Punisher PS2 game so he finished up on his project, walked over, and asked if he could voice Frank.

• Locked thread