Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Supreme Allah posted:

A rumor going around is that - - - - Dr Strange - - - - will be introduced in Thor 2.

And that he's going to be played by - - - - Viggo Mortinson - - - -

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

James Woods Fan posted:

Now that the picture of Nic Cage as Superman has been released, how about we get a photo of the dozens of actors that tested for Superman: Flyby wearing this

I really don't hate this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jscolon2.0 posted:

I know you all want to think that Marvel will actually throw a ton of marketing force behind Guardians, but I can't believe they'd use up one of RDJ's contractual appearances on it, toy or no toy.

Easy, he never opens the helmet and it's a voice only gig.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Didn't see this mentioned. I'm not a comic reader so I have no idea if she's "right" for the part...

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-captain-america-sequel-has-found-its-female-le,91933/

Emily VanCamp is the new romantic interest for Captain America. This after considering Emilia Clarke (Game of Thrones) and Alison Brie (of Alison Brie fame) among others. I haven't seen her in anything but Revenge, but it's my opinion that she is one of the most lifeless, bland, charisma-free actors I've ever seen. She's just there.

We could have had Alison Brie????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Alison Brie is still available to play Jessica Drew.

Seeing as her hero name is Spider-Woman I would bet that her rights are owned by Sony. So Brie can be Jessica Jones.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MortonTheCranium posted:

Isn't "A Dame to Kill" stuff not relatively new?

Miller wrote two new vignettes for the film that are not in the comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Iron Patriot" is a really stupid name. It's not possible to top WAR MACHINE.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jesus Christ, there are other loving midgets out there Hollywood!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

And apparently Tony Stark is what will lead to Peter Weyland's obsession with immortality.

Guy Pearce does smug very well.

Find me something Guy Pearce doesn't do well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Ravenous and The Proposition.

Oh go straight to hell.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LesterGroans posted:

This is how I'm going to describe every couple or duo from now on.

I'm going to start using that to refer to myself and my girlfriend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gatts posted:

Have another Iron man concept armor art. I dunno, speculated spoiler.
EDIT: WAIT!

That's the same armor we saw in the POP Iron Man figure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I still think Donnie Darko kinda rules, honestly.

Boondock Saints fans were purged from CineD using Stalinist tactics.

There were so man BS avatars and sigs back in the day. Good god what a bunch of twats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aatrek posted:

Yeah, I still have that Frou Frou song on my iPod somewhere.

You're a monster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpaceMost posted:

I never understood Boondock Saints' popularity. I watched it and thought it was pretty meh. I didn't hate it, but I still don't understand why so many people loved it.

At least it wasn't as offensively, gut-punchingly awful as the highly recommended Smokin' Aces, which I guess was Joe Carnahan attempting to make a Guy Ritchie movie or something.

Something about it appeals to guys who really just want to be badass tough guys. I worked in a bar for many years and I couldn't count the number of BS hand tattoos I saw. I also know at least three couples who named their kids after the brothers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

This is scary to me.

I know at least one local shop that advertised how good they were at them.

Edit: Here's a guy I used to friends with. He got them on his upper arms instead of his hands but it's still loving retarded. I mocked him endlessly about it so he deleted all his pictures showing them off but he missed this one!

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Everyone gets such a hard-on for Pepper turning into Rescue and that plot lasted all of what, 2 years?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Supreme Allah posted:

The appeal is Robert Downey Jr.

Exactly. Had they cast anyone else (like the guy from the OC as was rumored) the film would have been a enormous flop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I can't even picture a version with anyone other than him. Not to slight Jon Favreau or anyone else involved in that movie, I just feel like it would've been conceptually different almost from the ground up.

Favreau is 99% of the reason we got RDJ. I'm fairly certain Adam loving Brody was in the running before Downey was tapped.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

Favreau actually wanted to cast an unknown for Tony until RDJ blew him away with an audition.

I know this, but the studio was against it because of his past.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The MSJ posted:

Yes, and I think so will Stellan Saarsgard. Not sure about Kat Dennings, though.

God I hope not.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DFu4ever posted:

I'm pretty sure she's back for it as well.

:frogout:

OH MY GOD SHE HAS HUGE TITS.

And she's a loving horrible actress.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

penismightier posted:

Kat Dennings rules.

Disagreeing with you is NOT Mod Sass and you are wrong!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

effectual posted:

She's certainly not the main thing wrong with Thor (what's up with all the dutch angles?) and she's okay in Defendor. And what does her bra size have to do with her acting?

She's the absolute worst thing in Thor. In a cast that good she's the weakest link.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

penismightier posted:

Why, what's wrong with her? I found her very charming.

She was absolutely useless. What does she add to the film other than stupid one liners? You could replace her with a sign sitting in a bucket of sand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

penismightier posted:

Naw, I don't think so. She didn't get much to work with but she took her small thankless part and made it memorable and fun. Contributes to the general levity and slice-of-life quality that makes Thor the second best of all the Marvel films.

I agree with your ranking of the film but her stupid "meow meow" bullshit is incredibly grating. The film would have been every bit as good without her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Democratic Pirate posted:

My opinion of Kat Dennings is clouded by that stupid sitcom she's on that I catch moments of whenever I forget to change the channel. 2 broke girls I think

I didn't care for her before the stupid show and it certainly hasn't helped it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

In the context of the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it makes more sense.

Exactly. That is probably a photo of a photo shoot taking place. He's just staying out of the way of the real cameraman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well this explains it then, TF is an utter poo poo magazine so it makes sense their image would suck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I haven't seen Fishburne in a movie in a long time. I bet he's really fat now.

He was on CSI like 1.5 years ago and he was a loving blimp then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gatts posted:

I hope there is a flashback scene where we have a bunch of fat cat white big wig execs chomping on cigars and champagne at the Planet office harassing the secretaries talking about them hiring a new guy over the phone for a managing editorial position for their paper. Then Perry White walks in for the first time and introduces himself as the room goes awkwardly silent and uncomfortable. One of the fat cats asks to confirm his last name is White and he says yes. And then Fat Cat says "Oh." and his superior a Fatter Cat looks at the Fat Cat sternly as he lights his cigar with a 100 dollar bill indicating the guy is going to get tossed later. And then we flash to present as Lawrence as Perry is recounting that tale to Clark and Lois and Jimmy...Jimelphina...Jane Olsen...and he says "10 years later I owned the place."

I haven't said this in a very long time but...

...Shut Up Gatts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I ain't gonna lie, that looks balls-to-the-wall loving awesomely insane.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I spent most of the trailer wondering when Carrey's character was going to show up. :negative: I really wish he'd go outside his usual stuff more.

I used to love him back during the Truman Show era, it's so incredibly rare that he does something I actually want to watch these days.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Johnson is loving jacked in that trailer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The movie jettisoned all of Millar's terrible bullshit and was much better for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Like Wanted, Kick-rear end is a movie that's substantially better than the source material but still not very good.

See I disagree on Wanted, the comics actually had some charm while other than the keyboard scene the film does absolutely nothing for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh. gently caress that guy. At least Momoa can loving act.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's down, somebody find another source please!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

A) A three-point launching is loving awesome.

B) It doesn't count as a three-point landing if the fist is coming down for a seismic ground-pound.

edit) Look at that marvelous cape. Gaze upon it.

God the launch bit in the trailer is so good, I get goose bumpy just thinking about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm pretty sure he'll be Batroc.

• Locked thread