Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
A rumor going around is that - - - - Dr Strange - - - - will be introduced in Thor 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Don't read the spoilers unless you read Sin City, or don't care.

The Sin City sequel/prequel just had better have the fight where Marv crushes Manute, knocks his eye out and wears his hat. Best 'fight' ever.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Rock needs to be playing Namor, what is Marvel doing.

Wait - is Namor part of the FF license.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

Look at this dapper mofo.

Huh, they actually look metal.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

omg chael crash posted:

You know, if Shield(and, I guess, Coulson) had decided to cover her abs she might not be bleeding.

If you covered her torso with black 'armor', just some drat black lycra, she would be as sexy and make ten times more sense.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

Dinklage could also be voicing a predominantly CG character.

Aww yeh

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I changed my mind, if they do Apocalypse they should get the cartoon guy back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYt78FWfa5M

'I AM THE ROCK OF THE ETERNAL SHORE. CAST YOURSELF AGAINST ME, AND BE BROKEN.'

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Oops wrong thread, sorry

(I had a feeling the guy would be dead or something when I posted that)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Only a very simple man would pick the poster of a movie he was moved by, to represent it's significance of influencing him. The more nuanced and detailed man will select specific imagery that moved him.

I hope Wolverine kills lots of ninjas.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I am trying to think of a JLA-type story that would transition well to the big screen. Initial thoughts are some sort of 'For The Man Who Has Everything' situation, where a villain neutralizes Superman and everyone else has to rescue him, then at the end they do that thing where they save the universe.

It's almost impossible to project a JLA movie before seeing Man of Steel (for which I have oddly high hopes).

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I used to read tons of comics, I have not a single idea what Mandarin does or what his rings do. For some reason I thought he was Evil Tony Stark from the future.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The appeal is Robert Downey Jr.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Iron Man had a nearly perfect first act, everything leading up to the tunnel escape is incredible. The second act was highly entertaining but the third fell flat. I don't like when the villain is tied into every bad thing that happens in the world, and I didn't care for the major battle sequence.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
We are talking about Drax the big green muscled space guy that I have literally never seen say a word of dialogue or make a facial expression, ever?

Does this so-called character have a personality or an ability to emote that I am unaware of.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
This is the best Wonder Woman costume

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Quicksilver was awesome because he was the first character that I read as a kid who was an outright dick to everyone. Wolverine sort of tried but he always had good intentions. Quicksilver was just a cocky, impatient motherfucker to everyone and I was like 'woah, you can be an rear end in a top hat and a hero'.

I assume he was a hero at some point, he fought bad guys sometimes right.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kush posted:

That just makes me so indifferent, mostly because the rating. Yeah I know why they don't do an R-film, but all those shots of him slicing away are just so limp since all he does is throw air at them.
Dude has giant knives in his hands and he could be just punching people with bare fists since the end result is the same to the viewer. How awesomely brutal would it be to really see him loving people up with some really over the top Tarantinoish blood and gore? But no, *shing & woosh*. Yawn.

You want this right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrPfa8OeHM

They should make a movie based on this game.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

*Sigh*, no I'm not. Under his own power Wolverine is a dude with a heavy metal skeleton whose means of attack are knives attached to his arms. He has no innate way to move himself quickly across a field like Spider-man can with his webs, or methods of attack like Captain America's shield.

The fact that his metal skeleton is so heavy is a complete botch by some idiot working on a Marvel database. Originally, it was eight lbs of Adamantium lacing through his skeleton. Then some dork one day made his 'bone skeleton' weight about 100 lbs less than his Adamantium weight, and it became a valid notion instead of a stupid idea. His bones aren't solid metal, they're coated in a very thin layer of the stuff.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
A little TOO Raph.

(sorry but when the gently caress else am I going to say that)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Did Rhyno just escape an attempted lobotomy, or is that something for CGI. What is that freaky line on his head.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I will only watch if some guy in the show has massive scars that could only have been caused by three claws slashing his face - be it a hardcore agent, a bitter villain, or a dancing bear that is hardcore and bitter. I demand the creators confirm this will happen or I will not watch.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
In Thor's defense, Tony Stark is a really smug, punchable bastard and was making fun of him. I agree about not hitting Cap but it isn't alien for Thor to have a Wolverine-like berserk rage and go a little over the top.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Devour posted:

So now that Wesley Snipes is out of prison can we expect to see Blade in Avengers 2?

Wesley Snipes was the worlds biggest piece of human poo poo during production of the last Blade movie. You can search the stories.

I think they would go with someone a lot less troublesome and cheaper, if they wanted to use Blade again.

I would really expect the character more in a Heroes For Hire, or Ghost Rider type movie and I think he'd fit in better.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I hope they come up with even a decent 'speed' effect for QS. I don't know if I've ever seen a superspeed person look normal. Understandably it is by definition unnatural but has anyone ever made it look good on screen?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Wolverine is the worst superhero because he stabs people and then the blood on his claws is drawn into his body when they retract.

I don't care if he has a 'healing factor'; he may as well press feces into his knuckle wounds. He is gross and bad.

Wolverine is the best because he has Ninja + Samurai + CIA + Canadian CIA + WW2 Paratrooper + SHIELD + whatever else trainings, and he has 100 years of drunk street bawling experience, and he has an unbreakable skeleton (literally unbreakable, Hulk can't break it in 616), plus he bangs literally every hot chick and every bad guy respects the poo poo out of him.

None of that was sarcasm, Wolverine is the best comic book super hero.

How awesome is it that, despite all tropes and expectations, HE was carrying on Xavier's legacy because Cyclops was weak enough to succumb to Magneto's BS.

Cyclops: "A BUNCH OF MUTANTS DIED!"

Wolverine: "..yeah but all sorts of people die. We gotta maintain. Remember what Chuck used to..."

Cyclops: "gently caress THAT I'M GONNA PISS AND CRY AND TURN HEEL."

Wolverine: "..."

In conclusion, Wolverine is a land of contrast.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I know her from the Eddas and stuff, certainly not comics.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
But then we wouldn't have gotten Kat Dennings, who was legitimately the best and funnest part of the movie. It is terrible that so many nerdlingers got so angry at her mentioning Facebook. She had the best lines.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I like Rourke and this may speak to his point, but, Sam Rockwell was the only reason to watch Iron Man 2. I'm sure Whiplash has a compelling story in him somewhere. I just wanted more Rockwell.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He was also the best part of Superman Returns.

There's a feather in your cap.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rhyno posted:

Like I said elsewhere, the movie must be loving horrible if it needs a year to retool.

Which makes no sense, Miller wrote a lot of good Sin City stuff and the first movie basically storyboarded a handful of the comics. We haven't even seen (this is an actual spoiler) Marv literally beat the eyes out of Manute's skull.. Easily one of my favorite fights ever since they were built to be equals and then, nope. One guy just casually pastes the other into goo.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Justin Godscock posted:

The problem with Sin City was the acting was GODAWFUL and some scenes felt more like auditions than actual filmed stuff (Miller's notoriously self-aware and "reads better than it sounds" dialogue didn't help). The infamous "bum ticker" scene comes to mind and I remember cringing in the theatre in 2005 when it happened. That said, I enjoyed the movie for the look and vibe and story and setting but good lord was the direction godawful at times (which I blamed for the acting) because it seemed like Rodriguez spent more time looking into his computer screen than anything (and judging from the behind the scenes feature, he was).

I will say, though, that Mickey Rourke nailed it as Marv and I'm glad they brought him back. He was the highlight of Sin City for me and mounted his comeback to Hollywood.

I have a bad habit, I fall in love with over acting. 'You fool, you drat fool.' was probably my favorite line of whatever year that movie came out in. Like, people over act pedantic poo poo all day long. Oh NOO the printer won't work. Oh Noo the coffee machine broke. Ohh Noo my psycho rapist cop boyfriend is getting chased after by my noir-vigilante new boyfriend. Ah poo poo ya killed him.

Ah poo poo Dwight.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Prince Namor, the SUB MARINER. I want a Namor movie and he better have the little wings.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I could see that, but he strikes me more as an Apocalypse.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Wasn't there a scene like that in Last Man Standing?

The one that was a remake of a remake but that I enjoyed anyway.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jamesman posted:

Probably bring him in to kill him off because Iron Man villains aren't allowed to survive.

But what they SHOULD do is have him come on as Guy Fleegman, introduce Galaxy Quest to the Marvel world, and have them run SWORD.

I'd prefer if he appeared as the drug dealer from The Sitter and Thor was somehow his sixth best friend.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Dark Knight was so loving good that I watched it on TNT a few hours ago even though I already own it in every media form possible and have seen it 500 times. It is just a fantastic rear end movie with a mind blowing cast. They even address what would happen if someone at Wayne Ent. figured things out and decided to blackmail Batman. The answer is, Lucius would just look at them like they were insane.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Random trivia - The Dark Knight was (is still?) the first 1 Billion dollar movie that made more money domestically, than internationally. It made around $540,000,000 in the US and around $460,000,000 internationally.

Batman is the most American of super heroes.

Also while we're here, Toby Maguire sucked terribly as both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. If I cared about the character I would be so mad.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Early early impressions of The Wolverine have been generally positive but not effusive

It's at 83 percent on RT with 6 reviews in

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wolverine_2012/

I know, early RT scores are always building up hopes just to shatter them on the rocky shores. It sounds like a decent movie.

(Don't tell me to not post RT scores if you don't like them don't click on the link and ignore the post gently caress head)

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Freakazoid_ posted:

No, not Apocalypse.

...I need to hear him say a few lines, first. Then maybe.

He is the greatest villain in comic book history.

Dude had an entire and highly entertaining age named after him.

I know Thanos and Darkseid and Galactus (not a villain), and Dr. Doom and Joker and whatever other guys have their little cliques of fans that think they are the best. They are incorrect because Apocalypse is the best.

HE IS THE ROCKS OF THE ETERNAL SHORE. CAST AGAINST HIM AND BE BROKEN.

You can't even consider loving with that.

Supreme Allah fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Codependent Poster posted:

Ultron is the Avengers 2 villain.

As long as Thor gets to deliver this line, we are fine

• Locked thread