Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...ing-studio.html

LA Times posted:

Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives say they want to speak with Chris Brown about a fight he reportedly got into with Frank Ocean over a parking space at a West Hollywood recording studio.

Brown allegedly punched Ocean in the brawl Sunday night in the 7200 block of Santa Monica Boulevard, officials said.

Brown is on probation for assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna in Los Angeles the night before the Grammys in February 2009. He also reportedly got into a fight with singer Drake last summer at a New York nightclub.
In the Sunday night incident, officials said deputies responded to a call of six men fighting at the recording studio. Witnesses told them Brown and Ocean were involved in a fight over a parking spot.

Ocean, who has a dog named Everest, later tweeted that he "got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol. i only wish everest was there."

After the brief fight, the parties were separated, officials said, and Brown and his entourage left before deputies arrived.

"Of course, we are going to investigate," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Monday. "It is our understanding it does not rise to the level of an alleged assault. As a matter of fact, it could be a minor scuffle over a parking spot.
"Chris Brown is a named suspect in a battery report," he continued. "The victim is desirous of prosecution."

Considering Chris Brown's history of violent behavior, it seems like a strong possibility that he wouldn't be opposed to striking another man. Despite animosity between the artists, I'm very inclined to believe that the report would hold water after investigation.
I forget, is there a reason Chris Brown is allowed to keep making music? Better yet, is there a reason he isn't in jail? It's only a matter of time before he kills someone for real. I know I'm not being a neutral party on the subject but this latest happening is entirely too plausible.
I'll be waiting with bated breath to see how this whole thing unfolds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

He's a celebrity, he's rich, he's better than you and I.

Lumberjack Bonanza
Feb 27, 2011

I'LL CUT THAT POST TO PIECES!

The Steak Justice posted:

I forget, is there a reason Chris Brown is allowed to keep making music?

I don't think you really get how the music industry works.

The Steak Justice posted:

Better yet, is there a reason he isn't in jail? It's only a matter of time before he kills someone for real.

Okay, yeah, definitely not.

The Steak Justice
Jul 16, 2009

You are amongst friends.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I don't think you really get how the music industry works.

Okay, yeah, definitely not.

Oh.

Right.

CatCannons
Oct 21, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Beating woman up is acceptable in todays society, look at all the stonings in suadi arabia, one of our best allies.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

Jesus Christ I had to change this turd of an avatar. Oh yea I'm really good at CS:GO so listen to me as I team flash you.

quote:

Ocean, who has a dog named Everest, later tweeted that he "got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol. i only wish everest was there."

Took me a bit to figure this part out.

Poppleganger
Jul 29, 2004
AR$E

Is there a reason Chris Brown is allowed to work out? He should be required to get a forums account with no gym access.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

slurp

Chris Brown is a good man who says how much he loves you using the universal medium of fist sign language. Please don't judge him too harshly.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

That's a rib gone. Not broken. Gone.

Chris Brown used to play basketball at my college gym. Other than being an all around douchebag with his entourage, the staff had made announcements for him to move his Landrover from the handicap parking spots a few times. gently caress him.

kimihia
Feb 1, 2002

Chopstix posted:

Chris Brown used to play basketball at my college gym. Other than being an all around douchebag with his entourage, the staff had made announcements for him to move his Landrover from the handicap parking spots a few times. gently caress him.

Just tow it.

HondaRider271
Jul 19, 2007
What pisses me off is the whole Of Mice and Men thing that was pulled. "Oh don't worry Lenny, nothing is gonna happen" "Will there be rabbits?" "Yeah you can take care of the rabbits " Then bam shotgun to the head.

It's not as if you could have been forthright and said "yeah we may have to demod you, here's the discussion if you'd like to represent yourself." Or at least waited for a reply so I could say "fuck no don't tell them I stepped down, that's bullshit." No, just throw me under the bus in hopes it will calm people down, say nothing at all while people are on their witchhunt, then decide in secret to remove me as a mod and tell people I stepped down. Great, what a wonderful experience this has been. Far be it from me to expect perhaps a courtesy PM asking for my input. Perhaps I would have agreed to step down in a public fashion, that wouldn't look so incriminating and terrible. Or perhaps we could have figured something out that would result in a punishment/ban but not a de

Can we please put this motherfucker in jail? I know of a few weed smokers who would be happy to give up their rooms.

Toriori
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

He has that ugly tattoo on his neck. He says it's a sugar skull but you think being that rich would warrant a good tattoo artist.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

I wonder why no other musician has beat the poo poo out of him yet. Wasn't there some case last year about him hitting a woman and breaking her cell phone when she took pictures of him?

How does that line go....oh, heard that Chris Brown is remaking a Michael Jackson son? Yeah, Beat It.
Heard that Rihanna is remaking a Britney Spears song? Baby Hit Me One More Time.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Chris Brown strikes me as a bad person.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

Cowslips Warren posted:

I wonder why no other musician has beat the poo poo out of him yet. Wasn't there some case last year about him hitting a woman and breaking her cell phone when she took pictures of him?

How does that line go....oh, heard that Chris Brown is remaking a Michael Jackson son? Yeah, Beat It.
Heard that Rihanna is remaking a Britney Spears song? Baby Hit Me One More Time.

I'm actually surprised there aren't lawsuits being filed against him. Guy can't go two steps without ruining someones day, usually as the result of physical violence.

The Ape of Naples
Jul 24, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

Chris Brown strikes me as a bad person.

He strikes a lot of people...

nucleicmaxid
Aug 23, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

He strikes a lot of people...

So as not to empty post, I'm unsurprised by this.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

Turbine trip
Reactor trip

The tattoo was the icing on the domestic violence cake.

Stay classy, Chris. You may make music that makes you a lot of money, but chances are you'll leave this world with a legacy as a guy who really liked beating up women.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

He's an incredibly complicated and seemingly troubled individual and it is a shame he is allowed to inflict himself upon others in the manner he seems all too keen to do. Hopefully he can get the treatment he needs, and face some actual punishment for his errors.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.

He can't help it that Preferred Enemy (Women) is built into his point cost... wait, wrong thread.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

tbp posted:

He's an incredibly complicated and seemingly troubled individual and it is a shame he is allowed to inflict himself upon others in the manner he seems all too keen to do. Hopefully he can get the treatment he needs, and face some actual punishment for his errors.

Some people are just assholes. I'd rather spend my time and effort helping someone who actually needed it instead of a guy with millions of dollars and an international presence.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

I'm actually surprised there aren't lawsuits being filed against him. Guy can't go two steps without ruining someones day, usually as the result of physical violence.
Some club owners did try to sue him after a huge fight broke out because Drake threw a bottle at his head.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blast of Confetti posted:

Some people are just assholes. I'd rather spend my time and effort helping someone who actually needed it instead of a guy with millions of dollars and an international presence.

Often times fame and money on that level cause a whole host of problems that are difficult to understand because of their unique nature.

I hope someone snaps Rihanna out of whatever bizarre infatuation she has with the man.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

According to reports (witnesses on twitter lol) Chris Brown didn't start the altercation. Of course, even if that's true he's still not going to get a fair shake because of his past.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

tbp posted:

Often times fame and money on that level cause a whole host of problems that are difficult to understand because of their unique nature.

I hope someone snaps Rihanna out of whatever bizarre infatuation she has with the man.

I can definitely agree with you on Rihanna. I heard once she went back to him, Jay-Z flat out stopped giving her any help.

Toriori
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Three-Phase posted:

The tattoo was the icing on the domestic violence cake.

Stay classy, Chris. You may make music that makes you a lot of money, but chances are you'll leave this world with a legacy as a guy who really liked beating up women.

Nooooo, you don't understand, it's a calavera

Oh, also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP9-9EhBsU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Someone (it might have been Todd in the Shadows, who loving loathes Chris Brown) made the Micheal Vick analogy in regards to Chris Brown. Vick's spent a large amount of time and money towards repairing his good name, including donating to animal rights groups, speaking to high schools, etc. Brown is just reveling in being a douche.

It's not that the things he's done are unforgivable. It's that he hasn't done a thing to show that he's worthy of forgiveness.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Froghammer posted:

It's not that the things he's done are unforgivable. It's that he hasn't done a thing to show that he's worthy of forgiveness.
Forgiveness from who? He did what the judicial system told him to do and he's made personal amends with his victim.

Outside of that he owes nothing to you, me, or anyone outside of his personal circle.

Coyote Smith
Mar 26, 2010

I know that this is a thread about how awful Chris Brown is, but I think the guy who wished that he had his dog present to tag team in his scuffle is a poo poo head.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

tbp posted:

My heart breaks for him, truly.

Riosan
Feb 11, 2012

tbp posted:

Not only that, but the millions of fans and supporters he has, as well as the thousands of girls who tweet that they would let Brown beat them, too.

SlimPickens
Nov 8, 2010

Coyote Smith posted:

I know that this is a thread about how awful Chris Brown is, but I think the guy who wished that he had his dog present to tag team in his scuffle is a poo poo head.

Obviously. Seeing as if his dog bit anybody, let alone bit somebody on command, it would be put down.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

I will say the twitter build up to this confrontation was quite hilarious. For those that don't know, Chris Brown sent out this complimentary tweet:

quote:

I gently caress wit Frank Ocean! Reminds me of a young James Fauntleroy or Kevin Cossum.
But little did he know Frank Ocean doesn't like being labeled or compared to R&B artists, so he took offense and came back with a nice low-blow to Mr. Brown:

quote:

i fucks wit chris brown, reminds me of a young sisqo or ike turner.
Then the typical chest poking erupted on Twitter and apparently it all came to head when they happened to be at the same studio and Frank Ocean shoved him.

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Is this a thread that I can say that I like Chris Brown's music in? It's catchy and pretty fun. Of course, Chris Brown himself is a POS, but if I were to judge music based on the moral qualities of the artist, there wouldn't be too many bands that I would be allowed to like.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

limeincoke posted:

Is this a thread that I can say that I like Chris Brown's music in? It's catchy and pretty fun. Of course, Chris Brown himself is a POS, but if I were to judge music based on the moral qualities of the artist, there wouldn't be too many bands that I would be allowed to like.
I definitely like Chris Brown's music too. Do I listen to his music and enjoy it? Absolutely. Would I let him date my daughter or sister? Probably not. For some reason people can't differentiate the two.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

vanbags posted:

Forgiveness from who? He did what the judicial system told him to do and he's made personal amends with his victim.

Outside of that he owes nothing to you, me, or anyone outside of his personal circle.
I was speaking to why, in general, the public considers Vick to be a man who made a terrible mistake and Brown to be a terrible human being.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

First he beats on women and now he moves on to gay men.

This guy going to sucker punch a disabled child for an encore?

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

vanbags posted:

I definitely like Chris Brown's music too. Do I listen to his music and enjoy it? Absolutely. Would I let him date my daughter or sister? Probably not. For some reason people can't differentiate the two.

The only way it would be acceptable for you to enjoy listening to his music would be to pirate it, because otherwise you're giving this rear end in a top hat money. So your choices are now piracy or financing a piece of poo poo who likes to beat up women. I find that its much easier to just not listen to his stuff an avoid the awkward justifications.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

"Please Don't Judge Me" was pretty smart on his part. It picks up on all the right cues that lets him be a stupid rear end in a top hat and still excuses him from it. Great management at least, if a sad person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious QIG
Aug 7, 2010

Mo Money Mo Oofs

vanbags posted:

It's probably because of the fact that you probably shouldn't be giving shitloads of money to a horrible person

«7 »