Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho

Or am I not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

All I wanted to do was tell women how to be feminists and compliment them on their great tits.

Then those self righteous shits called me white >:|

Now all I can hope is that this picture of a smiling xbox with awesome tits will console me.

I dunno, I was pretty sure this forum wasn't here, but I'm still posting here, so gods know what is going on.

Spoooooooooooooky.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho

This forum was here all along, we just had our minds closed to the impossibility of it

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-D71RCbaVQ
This should answere it!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

I think, therefore, Aliens.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

None of us are here. Here is in us all. We are a place.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

You are only here in the sense that a mirage is in a desert, forums user Guido van Possum.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'm here. You're a demon taunting me.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Guido von Possum.

Illegibly Eligible
Jul 21, 2009

You aren't really here, and simultaneously also aren't not really here. SCHRODINGER'S CAT; humans aren't the observers...

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torments of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Illegibly Eligible posted:

You aren't really here, and simultaneously also aren't not really here. SCHRODINGER'S CAT; humans aren't the observers...

Observers are scary looking, pale, got epic suits tough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

OP, I can only answer with my own personal views on the thing. Yes, it is possible you are not here. You could be in the matrix, you could be a consciousness tormented by Descartes's demon, or a brain in a jar inside my Minecraft world which has the Thaumcraft mod, or even if Descartes's demon and Nietzche's demon had a baby and that demon baby was tormenting you by subjecting you to this reality over and over again. Or you could be a Boltzmann Brain, which actually seems really likely the way it's explained - you're a spontaneously generated consciousness in the depths of nothingness, and all that you perceive is simply a sensory deprivation hallucination before you evaporate into nothingness.

The point is, it doesn't matter. Why? Do a risk assessment on the whole thing. If there is even the slightest chance everyone else is real and alive and sentient, you must treat them that way. Because if you don't, the harm you could do to them...well, multiply the probability by the harm, and you'll have your answer. Hey, even if you're wrong and wake up and is was all a dream, what's the worst that can happen?