Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

scarycave posted:

Voting's nice but what's this tidbit about a "cousinhood"?
Some kind of secret Templar order of mediums?

Probably. I'm hoping they're generally ok doods and Spender is just getting snagged on one of thier more eccentric rules that makes sense in context. Would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Oh man it's cool that the first wallpaper is basically Max and Issac doing a combo attack. I wonder if that will ever be a thing in the co-

YES!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Meowjesty posted:

Give the man a prize!

:eyepop:

scarycave posted:

Voting's nice but what's this tidbit about a "cousinhood"?
Some kind of secret Templar order of mediums?

I'm betting rival gang of kids trying to clean up the city. Activity Club vs. the Cousinhood, go!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

My bet is that the Cousinhood and B.L. are some of those factions like what "Max" was talking about, and Mr. Spender's in on the whole political intrigue situation.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Paranatural is 4th place! Right underneath... Avas Demon, Homestuck and Gunnerkrigg Court.
Yeah, it's probably gonna stay there.

Looks like you can pay money to vote multiple times. Considering how much that Homestuck Kickstarter made, I can see a lot of fans reaching for that option.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm honestly surprised to see anything beating Homestuck given its incredibly large and incredibly crazy fanbase.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm honestly surprised to see anything beating Homestuck given its incredibly large and incredibly crazy fanbase.

To be fair, Ava's Demon's fanbase is closely tied to the Homestuck fanbase. Pretty much anyone on the MSPA forums knows about it. Maybe they're all impressed at how little words a webcomic can have.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Captain Oblivious posted:

Gunnerkrigg won the poll over Homestruck last year. But that's namely because Hussie told his fans to vote for other comics, such as GKC.

I'll vote on this poll, but I'm not going to focus on it. Last year it got kinda nasty and stupid.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Gunnerkrigg won the poll over Homestruck last year. But that's namely because Hussie told his fans to vote for other comics, such as GKC.

I'll vote on this poll, but I'm not going to focus on it. Last year it got kinda nasty and stupid.

Wasn't that mainly the Goblins guy?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Look, Gunnerkrigg Court rules, Paranatural rules, let's not get into an argument about it and say that in the absence of a psychotically obsessed fanbase like Homestuck's, the fact that a young, relatively unknown comic like Paranatural getting to such a high level of status is super awesome, and everybody should be psyched.

Also, the Paranatural guy should do a kickstarter.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MrFlibble posted:

Wasn't that mainly the Goblins guy?

Him and his fanclub, yes.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Man between Friday's bombshell and all the news today, Paranatural is honestly my favorite webcomic running right now. It's getting all of my votes. :dance:

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

rotinaj posted:

Also, the Paranatural guy should do a kickstarter.

Totally agreed, though it might be limited to a print run at the moment -- if he manages to do anything more ambitious on top of two pages per week and college classes I'm going to spend a week contemplating my wasted life.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd love a print run. Honestly, I'd be okay with owning a run of just what he's already put out and the end of chap. 3. Doesn't even need to be more than that and I'd pay into a kickstarter.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Oh man it's cool that the first wallpaper is basically Max and Issac doing a combo attack. I wonder if that will ever be a thing in the co-

YES!

Speaking of that wallpaper, there's a pretty good glimpse of Issac's spirit in there. Have we seen it before and I'm just not remembering?

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
We haven't seen anyone's spirit but Max's.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Whitenoise Poster posted:

YES!

I wonder how they'll work together. I mean, ink and paper powers make sense together, but magnetic powers and paper are much less obvious.

Edit: vvv I imagine they'll work like this.

ThatPazuzu fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 6, 2013

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

ThatPazuzu posted:

I wonder how they'll work together. I mean, ink and paper powers make sense together, but magnetic powers and paper are much less obvious.

Well, how about magnet powers and electricity. Isaac can provide that.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Well, how about magnet powers and electricity. Isaac can provide that.

Yeah, that's the one we see in the wallpaper. Max's bat is lighting charged.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Wow, how did I miss the wallpaper that inspired the topic in the first place. In my defense, I think I went straight to the Starchman one.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Wow, how did I miss the wallpaper that inspired the topic in the first place. In my defense, I think I went straight to the Starchman one.

As should anyone who loves great things and, dare I say, America.

Starchman for President 2016. Vote and he'll give you a star.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

If Zack ever does get around to selling merch he needs to sell Starchman Stars and also a print of that wallpaper.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

ThatPazuzu posted:

Edit: vvv I imagine they'll work like this.
As sweet as the electromagnetic bat is, it pales in comparison to the ultimate* combo attack, which we have already witnessed.

*May not be as ultimate as advertised.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Tupperwarez posted:

As sweet as the electromagnetic bat is, it pales in comparison to the ultimate* combo attack, which we have already witnessed.

*May not be as ultimate as advertised.

I love that the post-apoc wallpaper has a literal Friendship Fusion.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New Page; I'm going to let it speak for itself

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Max's crippling flaw is the inability to let an opportunity for a witty line to pass by.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

wiegieman posted:

Max's crippling flaw is the inability to let an opportunity for a witty line to pass by.

In less clever individuals, the symptoms quickly degenerate into blatant idestquiddixititis.

(That's, "inflammation of the 'that's what she said'".)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
That panel 4 Max is unfiltered greatness captured on a webcomic.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

Cousinhood? Huh. I suppose it's better than being one of the ten thousand "brotherhoods" but I imagine cousinhood being the practice of going to the movies together and talking during family dinners. Knowing this comic, I might not be too far off.

Also, I'm a fan of the HISTORY!!! book.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I couldn't help reading "I DO DECLARE" as though Max was doing his best Foghorn Leghorn impression.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
HAHAHA I just realized that Max is saying "Through the Doorman."

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I choose to believe he's saying it just the right way that it sounds like "door, man" to Spender and "doorman" to Issac. For maximum dickishness, you see.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Isaac really just cannot get any respect. :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Meowjesty posted:

Isaac really just cannot get any respect. :allears:

It's his other medium superpower.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Paranatural posters will be pretty sweet if Zack decides to make them, but I won't be satisfied until I can buy my 'Clothing' T-shirt.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
You know, that Insolent Children Hoodie is actually very fitting...on a snake god.

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
"Quads again squads again" is pretty much explicit admission that there was a fourth dude ain't it?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Syphilicious! posted:

"Quads again squads again" is pretty much explicit admission that there was a fourth dude ain't it?

Yeah, I recall a black kid...and something bad that might have happened to the poor guy.
They are just kids after all, PTSD could be fairly common. I'd hate to see Issac lose it.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

scarycave posted:

Yeah, I recall a black kid...and something bad that might have happened to the poor guy.
They are just kids after all, PTSD could be fairly common. I'd hate to see Issac lose it.

Lately I'm thinking Dmitri is ex-activity club--perhaps he finished recharging his tool/spirit and, without a new one around, just bounced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm kind of impressed with Zack. He seems wary about merch so he's started with donations and, maybe, inexpensive prints. Dude know's what's up.