Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Darth Walrus posted:

So she'll what, drop a couple dozen servers on their heads? Force them to act out swap.avi?

She'll summon Shmorky and they'll all get talked to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Hey guys, I made Rabbit Stew for dinner. Anyone want some?"

Isn't it more of a 'he needs it on the go' thing? He had one in his locker. No one likes rabbit stew that much.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
"Man, are you alright?" seems like the appropriate thing to say after you accidentally cut off both of a colleague's arms. You never know. Maybe they actually are all right.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
I had to check back, I was hoping he was the guy who had said "Every tyrant to the sword!" because I thought that was just an amazing transition. "Every tyrant to the sword! oh, poo poo, dude, you okay?"

But sadly it was not to be.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cat Mattress posted:

"Man, are you alright?" seems like the appropriate thing to say after you accidentally cut off both of a colleague's arms. You never know. Maybe they actually are all right.

The "Oh, my poo poo!" right before it is pretty good too. Guy with the sword and guy without arms are having very different reactions to what just happened.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's generally a good day-ruiner there

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
oh my godddddd :3:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Holy crap something nice happened. Is this the right comic?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well that dude's probably due a catastophic heart failure after all those physically demanding heroics so that should balance things out a bit.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Something approaches :ohdear:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
This page is the first I remember seeing the riding dog drawn so lively, I really like her happy-dumb expression in the bottom left

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Wanna hug every single one of those dogs

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Holy crap something nice happened. Is this the right comic?

AND WE'RE (probably) BACK.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Captain Toma brutalises more townsfolk. Who could've seen this coming?

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Oh good, now the loyal steed who is also an adorable dog is going to die.

Good to have you back, Unsounded.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Well I guess it wouldn't be a gritty realistic setting full of sadness and hopelessness if we didn't kill the dire wolves riding dog.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
You know, for once I'd like for an angry mob to try and fight Toma and before all hell breaks loose, some guy at the back asks "Do we really want to fight the one man army?"

Then everyone thinks about all the people Toma has killed and just leaves. It would make things easier.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
this is not a good night for people keeping their arms attached.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

this is not a good night for people keeping their arms attached.

There's never a good night for people keeping their arms attached when Duane's in town.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Unsounded: A Farewell to Arms

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wow, these two are adorable.

(Of course we already know it all ends horribly)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tenebrais posted:

Adorable in this comic isn't allowed to have a good end.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Tenebrais posted:

You'll need to be more specific :v:

You could pretty much change the title of the comic to that

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
I'm having a very difficult time trying to understand what they're saying here. Anyone that's actually paid attention to all this khert magic bs wanna give the wikipedia simple english version?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It's magic stuff from a pocket dimension. Ergo, spells from the normal dimension won't work on it, and you need special spells tailored to that dimension.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
basically the khert is the underlying fabric of reality, magic is basically taking qualities from one object and applying them to another by manipulating the khert

first materials, like the clay the ogre is made of, existed before the khert, and so aren't part of it. they can't be affected by most magic because of that. vi figured out that first materials have their own, mini-khert(s?); in the present, quigley is trying to use the techniques she was inventing to magically reknit uaid's normally magic-proof leg.

we're also probably being given a bit of a chekhov's gun here with vienne demonstrating that normal objects can be temporarily cut off from the khert as well, i think.

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
Mostly what Tollymain said. It's actually well known that first materials (like Uaid's clay, Toma's sword, or any pymaric/magic item) have their own khert separate from the one that governs the laws of nature. Since magic works via the normal khert, you can't use it on first materials since you're not affecting their individual khert, making them really handy when fighting wrights (like Toma's sword). What Vienne managed to do was include normal materials in the separate khert of a piece of first material (in this case the millstone getting included in the khert of that green piece of Uaid's clay). This makes it impossible for Quigley to do magic to the millstone.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
So I guess the explosion was Mathis exceeding "Mogul's number". A Very Exciting Stack Overflow Exception.

I really do like Unsounded's cosmology. It's cute.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
In today's update, the important thing is the best mug design ever.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Cat Mattress posted:

In today's update, the important thing is the best mug design ever.

I feel that mug somewhat undermines the gravitas of what's supposed to be a rather downcast and sorrowful scene.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Somewhat, but it's fine. And also delightfully appropriate for its owner.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I'm going to take Cope's comment for this latest strip to mean that Quigley is not long for this earth.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Unsounded: Maybe we're all angry at the same bad men

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why is stockyard crying?

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
The lizards have just informed him his girlfriend is cheating on him and is planning on running off once things cool down a bit.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Happy Yeti posted:

The lizards have just informed him his girlfriend is cheating on him and is planning on running off once things cool down a bit.

Anadyne and Stockyard are both Sette's cousins...

Happy Yeti
Jun 1, 2011
Oh right, misremembered their relationship. Well, then it's his closest allies/friends bailing on him.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Slashrat posted:

Anadyne and Stockyard are both Sette's cousins...

It is up in the air how LITERALLY cousin they are, it seems like it might be a mafia all part of The Family thing.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I'm pretty sure she's still his girlfriend. Or, at least, he'd like her to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Stuff is happening again.

People don't seem nearly alarmed enough by the gigantic evil hellstorm of smoke eels, even if the regular mean variety aren't terribly unusual.

Also if you're wondering where Starfish is headed, it's to Stockyard's office where Sette is tied up.